How Far Along Are Your Mares?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
Yesterday I figured I would try and feel for any foal movement from my mare Missy while she was eating her grain - placed my hand right before her udder, waited a few minutes and I felt three kicks from my little one!

I have only two mares due for 2010 foaling season - Missy is at most 215 days and Sassy is at most 199 days

How far along are your mares?

One on the ground - just barely! - 3 due in April, and one the end of May.

Jan

one is at day 269, one at 86 or 156 (bred twice but second heat was not normal, so probably 156) and one at 125. They are spread out this year, not my plan but theirs :p

amanda

This might give everyone a laugh but i have a maiden mare that is pregnant , i do not know her dates all i know is she was vet checked by my vet in june to be pregnant and i thought she would be due november or december ...Just going by how she was looking ect.

Anyway after watching her on my telly , since the 1st of november .... set up in the bedroom....husband really peeed off with it now!!! and foaling alarm, which keeps going off thoughout the night , (now i have it under my pillow)..she likes to lay down a lot but only between the hours of midnight and about 5 am...

We are now into January and she doesnt even look as big as she did in the summer, so i have a wee foal in the post because i cant have any more sleepless nights and god forbid she's NOT PREGNANT i think my husband would kill me LOL

so when it turns up next week i will let you know !!!!

My first mare due is at 297 days today. No signs of a bag yet, but she should be starting anytime. I'll be moving her into the barn tomorrow. Another mare is at 286 days today. No udder development on that mare yet, either. I have several more mares close behind those. It's soon going to get quite busy around here!
default_smile.png

We are only expecting one little foal this year and "she" will make her debut in May! I can feel "her" little kicks.
default_smile.png

Our first mare is 182 days today, second is 179 and our third is 155 days... All have baby bumps now, haven't tried feeling for kicks yet.. Getting super excited as the first two due are by our new stallion..
default_smile.png

So typically what is the spread on days that most minis foal? I know with the big horses it is right at 11 months but I have heard minis often go early. My mares were both bred early April so am assuming they will be due late Feb. to early March.

We start watching at about 290 days and the mare I have here foaled at 315 last year. So our first foal is due late Feb/Early March. Our other foal is also due early March.

I have two mares that are at 260 days today... So we should have our first foals mid march....

Anyway after watching her on my telly , since the 1st of november .... set up in the bedroom....husband really peeed off with it now!!! and foaling alarm, which keeps going off thoughout the night , (now i have it under my pillow)..she likes to lay down a lot but only between the hours of midnight and about 5 am...
Oh that sounds very familiar LOL. We lucked out on our first one this year, the mare foaled on schedule in the pasture, mid afternoon in the sunshine
default_smile.png
but I've waited and watched many mares night after night while they sacked out and set the alarm off over and over again!
default_new_shocked.gif

Jan

We have our only foal due sometime in Jan....getting really excited...she is big, and hasn't bagged up as of yet...

The only info we rec'd from her previous owner is that she was bred in February sometime, and this is her 5th and final foal. She has grayed out (long before previous owner had her) and the the stallion was solid black....can't wait to see what we get!

So exciting to be talking about 2010 foals

can't wait till spring

we have 3 mares definitely in foal for 2010

Bee - at 234 days

Lace - at 233 days

Xena - at 207 days

maybe 1 more in the early summer if she is in foal not confirmed yet

I'm so looking forward to my 2010 foal crop. I have 9 foals coming.
default_wub.png

Glory is 303 days along

Jenny is 296 days

Lily is 257 days

Hula is 257 days

Memoir is 257 days

Kara is 256 days

Legz is 253 days

Penny is 251 days

and last but not least Blue is 198 days.

I have foals coming by Jinx (last two as he has been gelded), two foals by Bandito, three foals by Jazz Singer (first crop) and two foals by Erica's Taker.
default_wub.png
Soooo excited!

I have one at 311 days and then one due in March and one due in April.

Arlene

Looks like we're having about 10 foals this year........down from our usual 18+. We did that on purpose.

Our first two are due in late Feb./early March. And they are both "wide loads"!
default_biggrin.png

A good friend of mine had a gorgeous colt born on black friday! He is a deep chocolate with two blue eyes. I am so jealous that she has a soft fuzzy muzzle and baby fuzz mane to snuggle with. I know we all know the warm fuzzies a new baby can give us. I couldn't wait to get in the stall and snuggle with that sweet baby. As for us, we have about 13 weeks before foaling season begins. We are expecting 5 blessings this year.

Hazey Due First of April

Annie Due first of May

Willow Due mid July

Foxy Due first of Septmeber

Sugar Due end of September

My thoughts and prayers will be with everyone as their foaling season begins

We have three mares bred this year. One is due in March will be aspc/amhr registered Then one amhr registerd but breed to aspc/amhr 100% Seth Thomas stud due in April and last mare aspc/amhr foal due in June.

Arianna foaled on New years day - at 330 days

Have 2 bagging now and 4 under camera
default_biggrin.png

Of course, one mare bagging now, Lacey, stayed bagged and testing ready for a month last year!

Back