Hopefully my mare is close so anxious

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like foal is in postition! woohoo! (she could change the position of the foal again yet...) but movement in the flank is great as it shows that baby is in the foaling position and hopefully! fingers crossed ready to come out and meet the world! :D

sounds like foal is in postition! woohoo! (she could change the position of the foal again yet...) but movement in the flank is great as it shows that baby is in the foaling position and hopefully! fingers crossed ready to come out and meet the world! :D
LOL I was worried something was wrong. She is obviously pretty uncomfortable now as she likes to stand with backside against things and just moping around today the poor girl.... Udder has no change.

yeah no its fine
default_smile.png
its so hard though when something changes that your not sure about isn't it! you've come so far and you don't want anything to go wrong... I'm happy as long as I see movement
default_smile.png

Hi all well she is still rolling a bit and she not as active so just dont know I can hear some grumbling in her tummy must be gas. She is eating grass like she has been starving... I got a couple of pics and it was while she doing a wee but shows her vulva and also the relaxation of it I really hope no one is offended I am sorry if you are.. I also got udder shot but it not to clear..P830au.jpgP8307au.jpgP830augu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Added couple pics from behind I didnt lift tail though just didnt want to annoy her as she seems a little uncomfortable she standing for long while so I just stay back.. Hope you can see enough from themP8307FB.jpgP830FROM BEHIND.jpg

She is looking so very close!!!

The internal colouring is excellent and that udder looks so very close!

All very exciting
default_smile.png

And remember we're all breeders here, we don't get offended easily
default_new_rofl.gif
which is probably why no one invites me around for dinner anymore....hmmmmm.

Oh YES!! She could go at any time now!! Now is the time to get your chair out plus a thermos of coffee (or whatever!) and/or other supplies and park yourself right alongside her, especially over night, ready to receive that little bundle that she has been hiding all this time! LOL!!
default_yes.gif

Good luck and safe foaling!

Oh my god I am so scared it 7 15pm here I just went out to check her and she seems fine but I checked her udder and one has definite wax... So how long now who knows??

General rule of thumb is if there is wax you will see a foal within 24-48 hours. Some mares will go longer but the two mares I have had wax on both foaled within 24 hours.

Is it proper wax or just that white dot? I'd be guessing proper based on her earlier photos.

As for being scared take a deep breath, double check your foaling kit and make sure your phone is charged in case you need to call out for the vet. Re read labour signs and typical birth patterns to refresh your mind. Now remember that most foalings go just fine, you are there to watch and help if needed in a calm (but excited
default_wink.png
) way.

Any of mine that have waxed during the day have foaled that night.
default_yes.gif

I agree with giving your vet a call to put them on alert just in case and do make sure you have your phone charged. Do you have a friend who can sit up with you overnight - so nice to have company at this time, plus they can help with any phone calls or just give moral support even if they know nothing about horses!!

Good luck - I'm sure all will be fine, she's an experienced mare and has done this before!

She did it WOOOHHHOOO 5 05am alarm went off and I went out and she had the the white bag lump and it just happened so quick I watched(while crying) and she did everything great it 5 30 here now and foal still trying to balance. It is a brown like daddy cant see sex as mare very protective I cant even move them. They in yard and it bloody cold...

Best pics I can get until it lighter. I just got jumper on foal and forgot to feel sex but will let you know. Luckily foal was up against fence so I leant over and put coat on.... Already foal walking around and had a drink from mum all great things and I was so scared something might go wrong wow finally its happened I will never put myself through this again or put my hubby through it lol.P8317430.jpgP8317431.jpg

Congrats!! I can't wait for pics
default_smile.png
Now, Robin just needs to pop her little one out :p

Oh, you posted just as I was
default_smile.png
Glad that you got the coat on...it looks cold outside! Daylight cannot come soon enough! I wanna see some dry shots! :D

Oh how cute! Congrats!!! So happy it was such an easy foaling, can't wait for more photos!

Latest posts

Back