HERE WE GO AGAIN.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so excited for you, with Sandy due soon, I am keeping an eye here. I am looking forward to pictures!
default_smile.png

Victoria, Im using the Mother Natures Kit strips
Its tricky because even though her udder seems really full and tight..I cant get more than about 1mL out at a time. She was the same last year, had a huge udder before foaling but couldn't get much milk, and then had buckets of it straight after foaling.

I dont know....mares!!!!

That was the same kit meg was using. We got ours from Estate and it has different instructions we had no trouble with them and Carol used them too and thought they were as accurate as the 4 square type she has used for the last 10 years..

Can we have pics of Mom?
default_smile.png

Thanks Victoria, I have emailed the lady from Mother Nature to ask about my results.

Bonny, sure I'll go out to take some pictures of her shortly...She is sick of the site of me, waddles off in the other direction when she sees me coming lol poor girl. She is so uncomfortable!

Only one false alarm last night, but she is back to standing in her corner, butt up against the gate this morning.

Today would be nice
default_rolleyes.gif

OK, so here are Katies pictures today....

335900348.jpg

335900345.jpg

335900341.jpg

Im only home for three more days and then working Monday & Tuesday then the rest of next week off too...So she'd better go before Monday or after Tuesday haha...Im not asking for much eh?

What do you think?

Im just comparing her to what she was like last year before she foaled and she is pretty much right on. I know she was a maiden last year and people say she will be different this year. But she never actually fed a foal and her udder shrunk back to nothing a few weeks after she foaled last year....

Bonny - haha, yeah something like that! Katie kind of walks around her udder, she is so wide!

default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
She makes Sandy look slender! I think she has a pretty decent udder also!

Way better than Sandys! I am jealous! Your gonna have a baby sooner than me!
default_laugh.png

9-03-08020-1.jpg

Sandys udder is still pointing in..

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/479...8-1230pm012.jpg

So if you compare I say Katie goes very soon!
default_smile.png
I hope she foals before you go to work!!! BTW what is her reading now? Also she is beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh Amy, I hope you are right!!

Bonny, yes she sure is big! I haven't tested her today, I wanted to give her a bit of a break while I am at home anyway. So I will test tonight before I go to bed.

I got a reply from the Mother Nature lady, she said that yes they can go backwards on the scale and usually they will come right back up straight away so to keep testing her.

Just to compare... how many inches around is she and how tall is she? I am thinking Sandy is about 30-32 inches tall and 62 around.

Do you have a pic of the sire?

Well I measure about the middle, I found the widest point by sliding it around. I hadnt measured in a few weeks so I am not exact what she is now...but she was 62, makes me curious!

default_new_shocked.gif
Ok she is 62 around but she is 35 tall! I didnt realize that! I thought Bonny was 35 so I re measured her and she is 39!!I dont think she is even considered a mini! :DOH!

Hi Helen (and everyone else)
default_smile.png
:)

Katie sure looks ready!! I have my fingers crossed for a safe landing!
default_smile.png

Can't be far away ... and daddy is dozing just outside the window over here ... NOT looking anything like the pic on here!! lol

When I figure out how and where to get pix on the internet, I'll put some up of my boys pretending to be brumbies
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Brigid

Hey Brigid!!
default_saludando.gif

Nice to 'see' you here
default_laugh.png

Was going to email you and see if you had any pictures of Stix for me, I dont have any..but then I remembered that website.

Would love to see some pictures of the boys!

PICT0011little.JPG

It's a bit small, so when I figure out where to put pics etc, I'll put some more up
default_smile.png

AWW look at them little wild ponies!!

Looks like they are having fun!

No change today, apart from being even grumpier!

Whoops there goes the alarm..beached whale alert
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back