Emmy foaled at 3:10 this morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonloubri

Reaction score
It was the filly fairy that came to see us. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will get them up.

Proud Sire is "Erica's Wherz My Spotz" and Proud Dam "Mini Caveyos Osage"

Patty (barn name only at this time)

At 30 minutes old

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/bon...ty/P3270048.jpg

and at 5 hours

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/bon...ty/P3270053.jpg

Can someone tell me what color she is?

Guess I didn't do something right and only have the link for the pictures.

Here is a picture of Sire who is a son of Little Kings B T Buck Bandito.

20080724Spotz3.jpg

Patty does have pink skin and without my glasses I think I can see a little light blue around the dark part of her eyes. Also, there is a little white around her nostrils and mouth and some on her lower front legs. Sire is registered as Black and Dam registered as Smokey Grey.

cretahillsgal said

I must admit when I pulled up the first pic I thought she had leopard spots.
LOL I didn't realize how much her fleece blanket showed up as spots. After towel drying her, I put that on to help dry her up more then later put a different one on her after I took a couple pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could she be a double dilute? Or a champagne? She is really pretty whatever she is!

I must admit when I pulled up the first pic I thought she had leopard spots. LOL

She could be a very pale palomino or champagne. If she is a champagne her eyes will be blue (then turn to green or amber). If her eyes are dark then she is not a double dilute or champagne, but most deffinately a palomino.

Congrats.

EDITED, Niether parent has or carries champagne, but both may carry creme....cremello, perlino, palomino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go! A cutie for sure!

P3270048.jpg

P3270053.jpg

Congratulations!!! She is lovely.

And I agree with everything Carolyn said on color.

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah She's lovely...whatever color she turns out!! All these dilute colors confuse me.
default_smile.png

She's sweet!

She's probably palomino. To be champagne, one of her parents has to be one too.

What a pretty girl - I am guessing a Palomino but will be interesting to see more pics

I am not sure on colour, what colour are the sire and dam?

Do you have pictures of them?

Mare looks Black, she could be carrying Cream and make the foal a CrCr, but it is impossible to tell from the (really cute) pictures posted.

She is alive and healthy, we'll work out her colour when we get you down off cloud nine.....K?
default_wink.png

Beautiful girl
default_wub.png
Congratulations!!!

She looks to have pink skin which my guess would be perlino, or maybe smokey cream? What color is her sire?

To get your photos from Photobucket to "show" on your post, you need to copy the "Direct Link" option
default_smile.png

CONGRATULAIONS on your new foal!!! She is a cutie!!! Love her color, but I'm no help on the color either.

Wow Bonnie ! congrats on the little filly. All of those spots in the first picture , then dried off and no spots to be seen ????? I thought you had an appy there ? I'm confused.
default_wacko.png
But I for sure am no color expert. Main thing is you have a live healthy baby there ! We had one at around midnight last night as well. Finally. It was a boy.... who looks to be a race horse . I have never seen legs that long.

congrats again,

Linda Killion

Wow Bonnie ! congrats on the little filly. All of those spots in the first picture , then dried off and no spots to be seen ????? I thought you had an appy there ? I'm confused.
default_wacko.png
But I for sure am no color expert. Main thing is you have a live healthy baby there ! We had one at around midnight last night as well. Finally. It was a boy.... who looks to be a race horse . I have never seen legs that long.
congrats again,

Linda Killion
Ha Ha. Look closely at that first picture. It is a leapord print foal blanket.

Nice girl!
default_wub.png
Congratulations!!

Her sire isn't a smokey black? Is there any way she's a perlino? (I did not look at dam pics)

If not, then she looks palomino or champagne. What ever color she is, she's neat!

Back