Emmy foaled at 3:10 this morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out from Erica Killion that Patti's sire could be smoky black as he is a son of Little King's BT Buck Bandito. Also, doing a little research on Emmy's side, her dam is registered as a cremello. So what would that do to Patti's color? Erica thinks she looks perlino at least right now.

Linda said

All of those spots in the first picture , then dried off and no spots to be seen ????
Sorry about the confusion. After I dried Patti with towels as best I could she was shivering so I put the little leopard blanket on her and got her under the heat lamps. I didn't realize how much the spots showed up til after the picture was posted. I just was looking at the bond between Emmy and her new baby.

I found out from Erica Killion that Patti's sire could be smoky black as he is a son of Little King's BT Buck Bandito. Also, doing a little research on Emmy's side, her dam is registered as a cremello. So what would that do to Patti's color? Erica thinks she looks perlino at least right now.
Linda said

All of those spots in the first picture , then dried off and no spots to be seen ????
Sorry about the confusion. After I dried Patti with towels as best I could she was shivering so I put the little leopard blanket on her and got her under the heat lamps. I didn't realize how much the spots showed up til after the picture was posted. I just was looking at the bond between Emmy and her new baby.
If the mares dam is a cremello, that means the dam has to be black with one cream gene. If the sire possibly carries a cream gene, the resulting foal could either be cremello or perlino, or palomino. (cemello is 2 creme genes on a red based horse, perlino is 2 cremes on a black based horse, palomino is 1 creme on a red based horse. A red horse has to have two red genes, a black based horse can have a red and a black gene or 2 black genes, either example will always show up black since black is dominent.) If the foal does not have blue eyes, as in noticeable icy or tourqois blue it is not a double dilute, it is a palomino, Dark hazy blue eyes in new foals almost always turn dark.

She could be a very pale palomino or champagne. If she is a champagne her eyes will be blue (then turn to green or amber). If her eyes are dark then she is not a double dilute or champagne, but most deffinately a palomino.Congrats.
No Champagne - it can't "hide" - one parent would have to be champagne, and neither is.

Buckskin, perlino, smokey creme (or whatever they call black with 2 creme genes?) depending on if one or both parents carry creme. mom is not grey - maybe smokey black

She could be a very pale palomino or champagne. If she is a champagne her eyes will be blue (then turn to green or amber). If her eyes are dark then she is not a double dilute or champagne, but most deffinately a palomino.Congrats.
No Champagne - it can't "hide" - one parent would have to be champagne, and neither is.

Buckskin, perlino, smokey creme (or whatever they call black with 2 creme genes?) depending on if one or both parents carry creme. mom is not grey - maybe smokey black
I posted above once I found out the colors of the parents. Possibilities are cremello, perlino, or palomino
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back