Dummy foal, asphyxia

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WONDERFUL NEWS! I've been trying to drop in here to get updates and pulling for your little girl while dealing with our sickies. This is just great!

I haven't read all, but did anyone mention cold? Foals born in cold or even just cool weather sometimes become too cool and lose the desire to nurse and become very lethargic and of course not nursing or not nursing enough it just spirals down from there.

Thank goodness that baby is 'on the go'!

Charlotte

So glad to hear your precious little filly is doing so much better!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

This is GREAT news!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I will keep watching for the next update and sure hope she comes home in the next day or so!

That is so great to hear!!

I cant wait to see if she comes home tomorrow..

Keep us posted!!

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
That's GREAT news! Hope she is well enough to come home tomorrow. Then we get to have more pictures of the precious girl!

Jodi

YEAH!! I had been waiting for an update and so glad to hear it is great update!! Hope she keeps her spunk up and continues to improve.

default_aktion033.gif
great news.we will keep praying for her.

keep us posted. love to see alot of pictures when she is home.is she sorrel?

Oh wonderful news... SO glad you might have your long awaited sweetie home to play with and love!

So relieved for you to read of her wonderful update! Continued prayers, hoping she'll be home for you soon as possible!
default_aktion033.gif

What terrific news that your little baby is on the recovery track! I bet your vet is very pleased. I love Minx's name suggestion!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

So great to hear the good news, Parmela. I so hope you get to bring that precious, and healthy,

sweetheart home today!

Rita

Oh, such a relief to hear that she is doing better! I can't wait to see more pics of the little cutie! Keeping her and you in my thoughts!
default_yes.gif

Parmela,

We have had several fainting foals throughout the years. Although it scares the daylights out of you (because they truly "appear" dead) - ALL of our foals outgrew it within a couple weeks and grew up to be happy healthy horses. Best of luck to you and your filly.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_risa8.gif
She's home!!! She gained 6lbs while there!
default_aktion033.gif
I'm sitting in my family room watching her on camera now and she using the stall as her personal racetrack!! She's nursing consistently and we have antibiotics to give her plus some probios and some banamine. It's SO relieving to see her looking so spunky like she did when she first came out!

Thanks for all the advice and words of support!
default_aktion033.gif
It really made things a LOT easier!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back