Do you think my mare is Pregnant or just Fat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes good. She has no bag anymore. She hasn't had one for a few weeks now.
default_unsure.png

Sorry it took so long she decided she was going to play the 'Catch me if you can' game... We were literally doing circles around Willow... Silly girl.

Well I got them anyway. Sorry she wasnt tied up or anything, I had no one to help.

Ill second that
default_smile.png

Keep a close eye on her, these maiden mares can be sneaky
default_smile.png
default_saludando.gif

One thing my friend noticed recently before the arrival of her little one was that her mare was starting to isolate herself from her paddock mates. She started to spend alot of time in a spot that she usually didnt frequent in the paddock. This particular spot was where she ended up foaling
default_smile.png

Best of luck Carly
default_smile.png

Thanks all
default_smile.png

She has been keeping a fair distance from the others, but i think she just wanders off because sometimes she is away from them and sometimes she is with them. Kevin is the one that stays away from the others a lot.

What if she was carrying two? Isnt that dangerous for her?

Haha thats fine
default_smile.png

Well I really am not sure about my Willow bug.
default_unsure.png
Toby was mounting her oh the 25th of November to be exact. But her udders are hard. They were rock hard, but they have gone down a bit now. Still hard though, but that is far too early for any development. Right?

FAR too early. I am not..bred..and my boobs go hard sometimes haha :p It is summer there though, so she should have seasoned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been trying to update, but it wont let me post photos.

It keeps saying "The upload Failed" The photo isn't too large and I have closed down the site, even refreshed my computer but it still won't let me. It also wont let me like others posts either it says "You have reached your quota of positive votes for today" but I haven't liked photos. I haven't even been on as much due to school.

I also used the basic uploader, still doesn't work.

Any suggestions? I have photos here to update you all on but cant.

Thank you heaps Diane for posting them for me!

Does anyone know how to fix the problem with posting photos and liking posts? Is there anyone I can contact?

Might also try reducing your pics down some before you post them. I'm really surprised Diane got those to load - those sizes wouldn't load for me when I used to try them that size. I now use a "standard" size of 500x375 for horizontal pics and 375x500 for vertical pics (quite a bit smaller than those above)... Maybe has nothing to do with it, since they loaded...???

Snickas looks great. Looks like she's moving a long and she too has started shopping a bit. I started to say that it looked like baby is starting to position itself, then from the front... uh maybe not!

Might be time to get some comparison shots from under her tail, too... I know, that is difficult! Trust me, I know that well...

Can you tell me how you are getting the udder shots? Those are good and I have such a hard time getting "good" udder shots. I think I've taken more shots of those that haven't turned out, then of the ponies themselves. Sure am GLAD that I don't have to use print film to see these pics - I'd go CRAZY!

I will be getting pics tomorrow of at least two ponies. You can critique my picture taking then, LOL
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that is how I upload them Diane.

I tried clicking the top left button and it still did not upload. When I go "More Reply Options" under "Attach Files" and Beside "Choose Files..." It says "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments"

I and when I like posts it says

"An Error has occurred.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

This all started a couple days ago when I saw that my member status was a "Youth Member" But I can't see how that could start doing all this?

I always reduce my pictures before uploading. I will try make them even smaller though. Normally if it is too large it will say "Your file is too large to upload" But now it just says "This upload failed"

Thanks
default_smile.png
Glad to hear you all think she is going good.

Getting photos under her tail is fine. She doesn't mind. I play with her tail a lot braiding, brushing. Also when I got her she was tail shy because when we were loading her to take her home she was frightened of the float. Dad was behind her talking to her trying to load her and the man there told dad there was no reason to be so gentle. So he grabbed her tail and twisted it and turned it every which way till she had no choice to go forward. It took me months and months to regain her trust around her hind end. Sometimes I felt unsafe around her back end in case she decided to kick me to protect herself. But when I was patting her I would start from her back and run my hand all the way down and over her tail and down her back leg. It took me ages just to be able to brush her tail. Also when we had a vet out they also checked her they said there was no damage, maybe a little sore and some trust was gone.

The way I get the udder photos is I just kneel beside her and just put my camera under and try line it directly under trying not to put an angle on and I just take it. Normally I get my photos when she is not on a lead. If she walks away I just give her a tummy scratch (She LOVES those) and take my photo quickly and done
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back