Do you think my mare is Pregnant or just Fat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her belly looks like it's changed a bit! I reckon it could be soon
default_smile.png
I would consider taking the line off her though incase she starts to roll and tangles.

I mean both with the edits, and if you can do the edits with black backgrounds loads of people like those. Have a look at some stud type photos and websites to see the professional photos people like and try to copy them.

Snickas looks awesome. LOOK - baby is all on the right side today!

I'm sooooo jealous! I MISS having and using PhotoShop. We had one of the earlier versions. When our main (rather large) computer crashed, we pulled the Photo Shop off of it. However, we found it wasn't compatible with the newer computers. Didn't miss it so much - I was working a job with a Web Design Company before it was closed - used both PhotoShop and the other Adobe one (meant for pro photgraphers/web designers - can't remember the name of it). When the company closed, I checked into buying a current version of Photo Shop for at least one laptop (mine). NOPE - it's around $1,000 and for now there are other ways for me to use that money. I wasn't so good with it that I could do what you are doing, and a simple online photo editing program is what I use all the time now.

LOVE that last picture with the frames. That is GREAT!

I have the new photoshop. I won't say how i got it..lol

But i can't use it. I am very bad at it. I don't have the patience to sit and use it, i just want to KNOW.

She is looking great Carly. Cant wait to see what she has been hiding
default_smile.png

Nows the time to start getting that foaling kit ready for the big arrival.

So do you all think she could definitely be pregnant?

Thanks
default_smile.png
The frames were pretty fun to do, but I have to admit it was pretty hard to get. It took longer to get the photos then it did editing them haha.

To do them I had my camera on a tripod with a 10 second timer on. And I wanted them on grass so it looked a little nicer rather than on dirt, that made it so hard because all my horses want to do is eat. So I had them on a thin cable-lead tied to the tree so they couldn't wander off. Oh and Snickas didn't agree with the frame so I had to spend more time getting her to see it wouldn't hurt her.

So I got all that done, I had a bunch of hay in my hand to get their attention, then I put the timer on, ran over to them, sat the frame where ever I could and stood back and get their heads up with the hay haha, then rewarded them. You can see in Snickas' photo that she was interested by the hay.

I am pretty sure she is pregnant. Did you call vet about it yet cause she may need vaccs if shes not been done..? Also make sure her worming is done sooner than later.

Solo photos are SO hard to get, i usually try and video so i can grab screen shots, but the photos are then never good quality. I need a better camera, or a personal photographer to follow me about haha.

I haven't called the vet yet, I will soon though, and worming is hopefully tomorrow or Monday.

I know haha, I video as well and I agree they are always low quality. Sometimes I get mum to get photos for me If I cant
default_smile.png

I used to "swap" out with a friend all the time taking pics - she'd come to my place and either use my camera or hers to take pics. Sometimes she'd hold the ponies while I took pics. Her grand daughters and step-grand sons came over and handled ponies and took riding lessons - we both swapped out taking pics then, too.

I also went to her place (6 miles away) and we did the same. In late 2013, that changed a bit due to health reasons - but every now and then we still get it done. Her name is Vicki and you will see her featured in a lot of my pony's pics OR you will see her photos with the copyright info for her farm (Pampered Pets Pharm). Now, since I've moved, it's about 15 miles away to her place and it's a little harder to do, but when Riddler was 2 days old, she came my direction and this pic was taken with MY PHONE! Currently, Vicki and I have the same model of camera, too.

15oct1rid135541.jpg

Here was a photo taken in 2011 - I took this one of her with this filly and then she got a good one of me with another filly - with our cameras. I don't have the photo online that has her in it (same as below, but cropped her out to make "Wyndy" centerstage!). The pic of "Flashi" has a little of me in it. We took a LOT of photos to get a couple that turned out really nice. Trust me, I have all kinds of "yucky" photos - but gotta LOVE DIGITAL - you don't have to pay to develop all of the pics to see them and have just one or two turn out!

11may17wyn046.jpg

11may17fl115v.jpg

and here's a good shot that I took of Vicki with our "ranging" colt who became "LP May Day Ranger"... Those still here that were here in 2010 will know, maybe remember that story!

10may2ran237.jpg

Have to run. Gotta shower before driving to drs appointment! Rocklone - there are sometimes great sales on decent cameras. When I get home, I will look up what kind of camera i have - it was, at the time, a $500 camera that my hubby got on sale for me for less than $200!

The camera I have is a Canon PowerShot SX150 IS. It is now an "older" model. Think I've had this one since 2010 or maybe 2012, but maybe not that long. I've had two others before this one - one was an earlier model Canon PowerShot and the other was a different one (I'd have to go thru original pics to find out what kind it was and don't have those on my laptop)... All 3 have also take videos - but I've not yet found a program that allows me to edit the videos (NOW that is something I either need to learn to do OR I need/want to pay someone else to do for me!~).

This camera actually has all kinds of settings - but I rarely use them. I generally like just doing an "auto" type of focus and can adjust the zoom (doesn't have a removable lenses, though).

And I just do basic edits on photos with PicMonkey dot com. I use the free access part - it has enough goodies to get some pretty decent and fun edits.

Thats cool
default_smile.png
I have a Cannon EOS 1100D. I find it pretty good. Mum says its not the best camera, but it wasn't cheap. She said its good for a beginner which is what I am.

Mum goes more for Sony, she has two Sony cameras. Her best one is a Sony A7S. It cost about $3000 I think. Canon is my first good camera brand. I think I prefer it. Mum said i am welcome to use her cameras, but it just feels odd using hers. I love mine too much haha
default_smile.png

I use Picmonkey too sometimes. Mainly for re-sizing photos. It used to be my favorite Photo editing site. But mum bought Adobe Photoshop Light room and Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. I rely off them now
default_smile.png

Oh! Look what I found!

Its little Bam-Bam! That was the day he laid in my lap and wouldn't get up. I think he was about a month old there maybe a little younger. He was so full of energy that little foal. We were lucky our other mare foaled 2 weeks later so he had a foal buddy. Its a shame if Snickas has a foal it wont have a friend. But one foal is plenty enough for me
default_smile.png

I'd have to say that Bam-Bam being born was the best experience of my life. We got to watch the whole lot.
default_wub.png

We weren't even ready for her to foal either. We found she had milk, then a week later she was foaling so she was very sneaky with it all. She was also very fluffy and I thought she had ages to go, well I actually thought she wasnt even pregnant as she was still standing for the stallion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back