Dinky Doo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for being kind
default_smile.png
shes going to be a big girl like her mum I think..shes coming on a treat I love her to bits..shes following me everywhere now Anna which is great even if it with her ears pinned back most of the time
default_new_rofl.gif
shes still a demon in disguise..shes so hard to take photos of as soon as i get close with the camera she wants to be in my face..no luck with the headcollar yet Heidi
default_rolleyes.gif
Iv taken Anna's more layed back attitude and will wait a while longer until we go to battle once more
default_xbud.gif
that being a halta in hand rather than a sword!!..Im enjoying everyday with her she will eventually realise Im the BOSS ...wont she
closedeyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read Annas post and thought maybe i should clarify....I said she was huge compared to Cam ...I hope you dont think I was calling her porky
default_wub.png
chubby maybe
default_wub.png
but in a cute way!! And she has on her winter woolies so its a little hard to tell. Im still hoping you'll bring her over for a play date with Cam!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Haha Its me that thinks shes porky lol..but i do love the porky ones as it happens look at her mum
default_laugh.png
..I think Anna was refereing to my post in Cassie thread about being kind lol and me saying her dad might be a kune kune
default_smile.png
Oh bless her..she proberbly listens to me commenting on her waistline..she still doesnt attempt to eat any of mums food except share her hay and nibble the grass occasionally..its all down to the milk bar open 24/7
default_rolleyes.gif
..Oh she would so love to come n play with Cam.. I had my daughter running around the paddock earlier so she had someone to play with
default_laugh.png
wouldnt have looked quite so bad but my daughter is 25 and was trying to do a very poor impression of a miniature pony filly kicking her heals up and having fun...Dinky wasnt inpressed
default_rolleyes.gif

Was she doing all the high pitched whinnies and squeals too?
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Oh your post mad me laugh!! I do the same thing as your daughter...I do need to do a little cardio and I know its good for me but heck...Cam wears me right out. I run around and try to kick up my heels and if he rears I try to turn around and bite him
default_new_shocked.gif
I pray the neighbors dont have cameras. Its it funny how young these horses make you feel. I would think CAM WOULD BE MUCH CHUNKIER....HE EATS EVERYTHING!!....just like his mom!! I love it that he poops bigger poops now and he seems so proud of himself when he does it....almost turns around and looks at me as if to say..." hey did ya see that one....that was a good one...i bet it will not even fall thru the pitch fork"
default_aktion033.gif

do you get to stay home during the day?...thats what bums me out...I'd much rather be here playing with him!!

I love the cutie lil poops how sad eh
default_rolleyes.gif
..Yes Im here all day most days and when I do venture back into the "real world" I cant wait to get back to my lil haven tucked away all by itself from the rest of that crazy rat race out there..I love nothing more than watching my daughter gallop round the paddock kicking up her heals and yes Anna making the high pitch whinnie noises too
default_firstprize.gif
its fab and i wouldnt change any of it..have my old dad coming out to play again today finishing off the new piggie house and getting it in its new location..out of the mud!! all good fun..Dinky hasnt quite worked out what the pigs are yet she likes to touch noses and gallop round them but theyr much to interested in food to want to be bothered with a baby pony
default_rolleyes.gif

naw!! Lindi I love her little face!!! n she isn't porky at all!!

just a healthy BEAUTIFUL FILLY!!! I agree with Anna!! what lovely movement!

n she does look like her daddy!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

HAha I think they might be a lil worried
default_new_shocked.gif
to say the least..theyr great fun though and very easy to train..they sit and roll over amongst a whole load of othe things on command
default_rolleyes.gif
silly piggies

Look what I managed to achieve this morning
default_aktion033.gif

headcollar on and succured
default_yes.gif
..off again now as I have to go food shopping..borrrrrinnggggg
default_wink.png

311256_2268847095149_1667744376_2326457_1522974173_n.jpg

OH WOW!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Did she struggle - or should I ask did you struggle? LOL!! Whatever, she looks great.
default_yes.gif

Next try when you get back from shopping - cant wait to hear how it goes!

not too much of a struggle..I cant say she was happy about it but she accepted it very quickly once it was on a few front leg raises and a bit of bucking but then it was like shed had it on for years
default_smile.png
I got the bit over here ears first left the nose piece dangle so it was just around her neck she wanderd off then came back as if to say plz take it off..I then managed to get her nose piece on and tighten up the piece behind he ears
default_smile.png
I just felt it was right today and it was..so pleased Iv made some progress was begining to think she was always going to make everything such hard work lol but she had an extra big kiss and a cuddle for being such a clever girl today
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Oh my, look at all the bling bling on such a pretty girl!! Congratulations!! It looks great on her!!

Cam loves his scratchies so thats when i put his halter on and he just lays there with it and lets me scratch him. I love hearing how she likes to follow you...Cam does too and that Dang Peanut could care less how far away we go...all she can think about his her hay. If Im not careful Cam is going to turn into a latch key kid.

Oh, I wanted to ask...how about Mom...did she notice the halter on her baby yet. The first time PN saw the halter on Cam she snorted and came trotting right over and sniffed him everywhere...not sure if she thought it was a different horse in her stall or just wasnt sure what she was seeing. Once she saw it was him she settled back down...but it was a strange first encounter for PN.

Shes beautiful!!
default_wub.png

Funny you should ask that because she took one look at it on her gave here the "come right here now "noise and off they went..mum only has to see a headcollar and shes a cloud of dust
default_rolleyes.gif
shes such a nusiance to try catch,,I never bother I always get her in her stable and then get the headcollar lol
default_aktion033.gif
she knows she cant sneak off in there..then she had to go show daddy too walked right up to him stuck her head through the rails and did the chattering mouth thing they do..being such a cutie he had a good old sniff and Im sure I heard him say "you look just like a princess"
default_wub.png

default_new_rofl.gif
yeah luckily both were in the stall when we first did the halter thing or it might have been the same here too!! Luckily all mine are easily haltered from anywhere ( maybe I should say almost always ) this ole gal cant take too much pony round up these days!! lol

Talking about headcollars and my lazy slaphappy way of doing things, I must tell you about today's happenings. We still have two young mares here who have not worn headcollars yet (
default_rolleyes.gif
) one is 4 and one is 5!! Today was the day we wormed the rest of our girl herd (30). Most grab the tube and try to swallow the whole thing and we have to struggle to get it back out of their mouths. But one of these two, the 4 year old, was not going to put it in her mouth. Oh, I said to Cathy, dont think she headcollars. She does, said Cathy, you led her last summer when we had her and her special friend to and fro from the stables to the lush grass field to get them to gain a bit more weight. Well to be honest I usually just let them out and they wandered on their own to the field, but I do remember one day sliding the headcollar on to this little one as she followed her friend and letting her wander along beside me. Anyway Cathy being Cathy, just popped the headcollar on her and wormed her - no problem, even when a crazy party of half the herd dashed past flat out having a fun rush around coz the Mummies were doing things to us. She just stood there until we took it off, then off she dashed after them.

Next was the 5 year old who certainly has never even seen a headcollar. She wouldn't pop the tube in her mouth either, so Cathy just put the headcollar on her, held her quietly and wormed her and even when she stepped back to try to avoid the wormer, she stepped right forward up to Cathy again once wormed. I had said she doesn't headcollar, Cathy said, well she does now!!

We have been much better at getting all our youngsters headcollered by the time they are yearlings now, but in the past many 'slipped through the net' usually because we were so busy at that time and also because it never stopped us trimming their feet or worming them or just generally fiddling with them and it certainly hasn't stopped them being totally in our faces demanding attention and generally being pests. LOL!! Many's the time in the past that mares have been headcollared for the first time when they come in to foal, we just pop the headcollar on to lead them back to the field each morning, they dont mind and they know where they are going so just follow along - easy!!

Not that I would recommend anyone leaving the headcollaring lark for as long as we have done, guess we have just been luck with our kids!

I love how Dinky had to go show her Daddy her new pink bling! How long do you leave it on Lindy and does she stand quietly now for you to take it off?

Thats amazing how she managed to just slip headcollars on without any fuss..she certainly does have a way with horses
default_yes.gif
..its the same when your a teen though isnt it..I used to ride anything never thought twice about getting on a horse i didnt know..but in the last few years Iv had a few good falls with some nicely coloured bruises..now I tend to think at least twice or even alot more than that
default_laugh.png

I left it on for about 40 mins while pottering around outside she let me have a fiddle around with it while it was on too so very pleased..I will try again later today see if she will be just as accepting
default_wacko.png
I think not but we will see how it goes..I always do things when I have all day and then it takes 5 mins
default_biggrin.png
because if you have 5 mins it takes you all day
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh you are so right Lindy - what you think will take hours, just takes minutes, etc LOL!!

And I also agree with you regarding the passing years - I always used to be so 'gung ho' about things, now I'm a complete worrywort/nervous wreck! I see accidents and boogiemen round every corner - how I wish I was different. LOL!!

Boogiemen
default_laugh.png
I know what you mean though..even walking the dog in the forest along side my house used to scare me and honestly I really dont think there would be any random boogiemen lurking in there..its just the old mind doing overtime in the scarey dept
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back