Dinky Doo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow she is beautiful Lindi! I think Finn n her will be similar colors once they both shed out
biggrin.gif
Poor thing in the hail!! I spoil my babies if there was hail they would definitely all come in! Luckily we dnt get hail to much n when we do it's not very heavy unless it's a massive storm! Hope it doesn't get to freezing your way thanks for taking the pics for us
yes.gif
I think we are seeing how Finn will look in a few months time
wub.gif
LolCan I ask does she have black stockings or brown??? Thanks Linda for the photos
yes.gif

Thanks Cassie..I also think her and Finn are very similar colouring be so exciting watching them mature and how they look in their summer coats..she has black stockings just like her dad..they are so alike I have to look twice now although shes obviously still alot smaller when shes stood next to him..she really loves him and still spends more time playing and grazing with him than boring old mum
default_rolleyes.gif

Aww those poor old girls Anna I guess they just love the great outdoors too much to be locked in but I think your wise with this awfull weather..Mine have always come in and are locked in all night until breakfast which they look forward to..so its part of the daily routine and now by 3 pm theyr looking to come in for tea!!..Glad you like lil Dinky..Im so pleased with her after making a what I thought was a crazy decision to breed from my old boy and his wife (backyard breeding I guess)..but she was always to stay here with us and her family so that made it sort of ok if you know what i mean
default_rolleyes.gif
shes has the most adorable nature just like her dad loves her cuddles and so laid back..no more turning her back on me and no nipping either shes loves to lick everything in sight..my jeans my coat and i even trust her to lick my cheek
default_wub.png
shes a sweet heart through n through..looking forward to the warm weather now so we can spend more time with her and teach her some tricks
default_smile.png

So glad that Dinky has turned into a little 'love bug' for you Lindy.
default_yes.gif

I always tell folk who have 'little monsters' in the early weeks/months not to worry, most will grow out of it and if they have good tempered parents, they are certain to improve as they get older! Our little colt from this year is an absolute little beast, totally fearless and with a bite like the worst kind of pit bull terrier!! But I'm hopeful that time...............?????

Our little filly is quite 'normal', friendly with just the odd nip if she gets over excited. We shall be weaning them both after Christmas, so will see what happens with the colt once he doesn't have a herd of girls to show off to and gets a little bit of human handling! I just love him though, really hope he might prove suitable for a local show (or more) after we find out what is hidden under all that 'fur' as he is PERSONALITY and ATTITUDE on four legs! LOL!!

Still got some snow left this morning up here - plus it is now hailing!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Anna now we need a pic of Mr Personality and Attitude!

Pretty pleaseeeeeeee

default_saludando.gif
she is so cute,,,
default_wub.png
iam glad i live in a australia i could not handle snow i hate being cold.

but snow looks really pretty
default_yes.gif
:yes

Just thought Id give you all a quick update on lil Dinks..shes been away from mum now for the last 3 weeks and well into being weaned..shes coming on really nicely as now all her attention is on me and not mums milk lol..shes learned a good few tricks like lifting each leg as i ask with a finger click and well we'r almost walking forward on a head collar..not quite sure what it is with her and head collars but she certainly likes to give me a hard time where thats concerned..shes turned out to be a very happy and very laid back little girl that loves all the hugs n kisses you can hand out..mum n dad love to stand n watch as she has her daily lessons in how to be a "normal" pony lol..not sure shes got it quite right yet as she still tries to sit on my lap and rub her gums on the cold glass of my patio doors..what a sight from inside!!..she still has most of her winter coat as its still on the chilly side here but its coming out on handfulls and she will stand all day for a good brush..i will update you with some pictures wen shes shed all that fluff..shes looking very dark underneath and now has some white streaks in her tail
default_whistling.gif

Oh come on! share some pics of her now and I really want to see her rubbing her gums
default_smile.png

Didnt quite catch the teeth n gums this time but got the squashed up nose on the glass
default_wink.png

083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back