Dinky Doo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I so agree with you both, I was wild as a kid and did some REALLY stupid things. My friend and I used to get on our ponies backwards and race to the top of the hill.
wacko.gif
At the age of 12 I used to go off on my own for a hack and not tell anyone where I was going, I would never do that now.

Little miss Dinky is just adorable in pink bling
biggrin.gif
She looks like she is going to be the same colour as daddy
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I personally think she is a porker, like all baby should be
wub.gif

Had a bit of a scare yesterday when I returned home from lunch with my daughter all the ponies were happily munching in the same paddock
default_unsure.png
thankfully shes not in season and Iv no idea how they even got in together no broken fences or stable doors left open a total mistery..but maybe a blessing in disguise as I was a bit worried introducing them all again..they will all be going back in together again today as they weather is glorious and they all looked so comfortable together..happy families
default_wub.png

So a possible 'accident' turned into a blessing in disguise! No need to worry now!!

It also looks as though we will be basking in a few days of unexpected warmth.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Mind you someone told me that we will be getting a repeat of last winter, beginning in October!! That does NOT make me smile.
default_new_shocked.gif

Are you intending to breed again or is your family group enough for you right now?

And more pics of the gorgeous piggies would be lovely - when you next take the camera out to up date us with Dinky and her 'bling'.
default_yes.gif

LOL!! So now worries now about how to get them all to join up!

isn't it great that we have been granted a few beautiful days here - hate to say it but I have just heard that this coming winter is going to be at least as bad as the last one - starting in October!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Would love some more pics of the gorgeous piggies when you next take the camera out to update us on little Dinky and her 'bling'.
default_yes.gif

OOOOOP's Didn't think my last post had 'posted' so wrote this one and now cant seem to delete it. LOL!! Having a senior moment!
default_unsure.png

Where is the button to delete a post??

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh its fab seeing them all wandering around happily together so pleased
default_smile.png
a bit worrying as someone said they saw a trailer parked up close to the paddock yesterday lunchtime so got me thinking maybe someone had been trying to get them together and into the trailer
default_unsure.png
I will never know..Iv put the cctv in the paddock now to record while i go out..sad I have to do that but sadly a sign of the times..they could not have got together unless someone moved the mare and foal through the stable into the back paddock both stable door were closed and bolted..no more foals for me not for a good few years..maybe one day a foal from Dinky but thats a long way off..Im happy with my little family as they are now its complete..she looks so much like her daddy its quite spooky and he thinks shes great even though she does keep looking to see if his milk bar is open for buisiness
default_wacko.png

Happy to hear the little pasture party was a success...maybe not the way you planned it but that was heavens way of telling you "all will be o.k".

sure hope it wasnt someone trying to take your horses or the baby. Isnt it sad that we have to take these safety measures!!

Luckily i live out in the boonies and unless you are absolutly lost you would never make it to my road to even see the horses.

no foals for me next year either...guess we will just have to enjoy the others from our computers.

Hi to the fur kids from Cam, Peanut and me!!
default_saludando.gif

Hehe yes a great success thank you they all seem so happy..or maybe thats just me thinking out loud lol..its great having them all together but they do have separate bedrooms
default_laugh.png
..doesnt bare thinking about if lil Dinky had been missing when I got back or even all of them!!..cant even begin to think what I would have done
default_wacko.png
thankfully I was only gone for just over an hour and Im here most of the time but scarey..is beautiful here atm so spending allday just sitting watching the ponies as well as pottering around doing the usual jobs of course..I love theyr simple lives theyr so happy
default_wub.png
sending chatter mouth kisses from all my fur kids to all yours too lol

Iv seen a big difference in Dinky this last week..shes now 8 weeks old and become alot more independant..she goes off on her own munching or exploring and even playing with dad a bit..much to mums dissapointment..she calls her back or gives him daggers with her ears pinned back..shes settled down alot and has now become alot more placid too so Im able to just about anything with her..shes started to have her own breakfast bowl and seems to enjoy actually eating it rather than pushing it around
default_aktion033.gif
she does spend so much more time away from mum than with her now..I always have to look for her and mum rather than them as a pair..so nice to see her growing in confidence as well as in size..I do laugh when mum chases off dad first thing in the morning and she thinks its her job to try chase him off too
default_rolleyes.gif
poor boy he only wants to say good morning (i think)..will get some new pictures this week so you can see how shes grown
default_smile.png

I haven't been on here lately but I have to tell you I have been enjoying your posts about Dinky Doo, I read them from start to finish and laughed out loud at some of them, she really is a minx lol.

So glad your enjoying reading about her and watching her grow..its just all to special not to share
default_yes.gif
thanks for making that possible

Now come along Lindy - I go away, I come back and inspite of all the glorious weather here in Wales over the past week, there are STILL no recent pics of the pretty Dinky, either alone or showing her with her parents!????? AND where are my pics of the piggies?

It really is good enough - or are you still suffering from that nasty cold you seem to have discovered somewhere last week?

Actually I think you had better keep those pictures coming, otherwise, with all the 'chatting' we do on this thread, you might find yourself 'moved' to the Back Porch!! LOL!!

Haha yes Anna you could be right
default_laugh.png
..I will get some new pictures today had a bit well alot of fencing to do over the last few days the pigs are never happy with what they have
default_rolleyes.gif
they just love my garden!!..hope you enjoyed your mini break and your back feeling a new woman
default_biggrin.png
Keeping a very close eye on Max just incase she comes into season once more before the winter months set in as we dont want another Dinky do we
default_unsure.png
but so far so good she just wants to kill my poor boy every time i let her out into the paddock each morning until he knows she not up for any "hows your father"..shes such a moody mare
default_rolleyes.gif
the rest of the day seems to prefer the company of dad rather than mum until she wants a quick snack that is..funny family
default_wub.png

LOL!! Lindy. Foals are so funny. Many years ago with my first mini stallion, he was always to be found with all the foals trailing around after him. They would play with him all day (just returning to their Mums for a quick snack every so often) He was such a good boy and put up with all their ideas of rough and tumble and let them climb all over him. I think it kept him happy while the mares were being so grumpy and bad tempered until they were actually in season - and then wouldn't leave him alone!

Will be watching for the pics.
default_yes.gif

Yes Anna these dad's are wonderful to watch. Eagle lets his kids walk all over him and he loves it, I agree, it gives them something to do.
yes.gif

Deff More pictures today my appologies for none yesterday..we had the hunt out here yesterday and it was all go
default_wacko.png
crazy hounds checking out every inch
default_aktion033.gif
..I have a dreadful fox problem where i live and never dare to leave my chickens out for a second so sadly there confined to a fox proof run day and night even though its large id love to see the old girls wander but i see mr fox sitting and watching them regular..so im always happy to see the hunt out and about even though theyr just drag hunting
default_unsure.png
..I did manage to get a few pictures of my boy trying to have a good old chat to the hunt master and his GIANT horse through the fence..he looks so tiny
default_wub.png

296965_2315473500780_1667744376_2365962_109325756_n.jpg

302137_2315481740986_1667744376_2365968_240211873_n.jpg

trying to join in the fun..but his little legs just cant keep up !!

293605_2315468380652_1667744376_2365958_1662386437_n.jpg

Sadly Dinky couldnt handle all the excitment even with Dad along side her and retreated to the stable for protection
default_rolleyes.gif
wussy
default_rolleyes.gif

Did manage to catch one of chunky Dinky and mum watching from a distance..as always mum was just hoping it was time for dinner
default_rolleyes.gif

318372_2315491541231_1667744376_2365975_431314684_n.jpg

WOW that was a massive horse!! I DIdn't know they still wore those handsome red coats
default_new_shocked.gif
hehe cut a very handsome pic. that horse is GORGEOUS!!

n your little man is a VERY little man compared!!! LOL what a gorgeous boy!!

Dinky looks like she has grown... ALOT!! LOL how cute, but we do request some more when possible please
default_biggrin.png

Oh yes they always look so beautifully turned out when theyr out hunting for the day both horse and riders..just something i really do love about our Great British culture
default_wub.png

couldnt resist sharing this picture from Boxing day hunt meet Through the village where I live..sorry its slightly out of focus..nothing like seeing them hunting across an open field in the autumn with sometimes over a hundred strong followers on horseback!! fabulous

225389_1061638715694_1667744376_167222_223640_n.jpg

222834_1061638755695_1667744376_167223_6565628_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back