Dinky Doo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinky playing.. 9 Weeks Tomorrow

314354_2315723187022_1667744376_2366073_2068789977_n.jpg

314354_2315723227023_1667744376_2366074_1037664326_n.jpg

314354_2315723307025_1667744376_2366075_837201311_n.jpg

Hhaha I agree she just keeps getting wider but she hardly eats at all..look out when the girly hormones kick in and she finds her first love is the bottom of the bucket
default_blush.png

Oh Lindi, Im sitting here drooling at your beautiful countryside and that simply darling little munchkin of yours.

She should be called J Lo....shes got that wonderful little ( well that might be a bit of a stretch ) booty going on and she knows how to work it. LOVE the dark legs!! Her color is SO vibrant!!

If you get a sec, you can see Cam he's pretty much all dark dark bay ( clipped ) but could end up like a smokey black...I love it but its so different than what I would have thought. Love your stories about how brave she has become...isnt it neat watching them explore things...then go racing back to nurse for 8.2 secs..then off again. How are you doing at feeding time....for the last 2 weeks I have had to separate the 2 of them and they dont mind b/c Peanut finishes hers so fast and Cam likes to take his time (typical kid )Peanut does not need ANY extra as shes already getting extra. Little bit of a pain waiting for him ( sometimes 45 min :arg! but if you have another idea with what you may do Im all ears. She really really pushes him aside if I let them stay together. Shes fine with hay.

Well thanks for the great pictures and hope all stays well for you!

Oh thank you Lindy. Love the hunt pics, brings back so many memories of past times when we lived in Sussex. I need to try to get out to watch a few meets this winter if possible - which hunt is that?

Little Dinky Doo is just gorgeous - she's not a mini shire Renee, shame on you! She's a happy little chunka monka, building up her reserves ready for the harsh Welsh winter.
default_yes.gif

Still think her Momma is such a fabulous colour and the pics of her with Daddy are so cute. Again, thank you - just dont leave it so long for the pics next time please.
default_biggrin.png

Lindi- I love ALL of these pictures!! I would love to come visit. It is so beautiful there!

Thanks everyone..glad you enjoyed the hunt pictures its the Glamorgan Hunt Anna..we used to puppy walk for them as well as go along to most of the meets and of course the very glamourous hunt ball
default_wub.png
I used to really enjoy it but sadly I lost my hunt buddy 2 years ago to cancer and stopped going but I think this season I might start to attend again as I really do love it its a great day out and really is nothing like the sound of the hunting horn the thunder of the galloping horses and the calling hounds on a beautiful autumn day
default_yes.gif
..Little Dinky really is growing nicely but Im sorry I cant offer any feeding solutions lol as shes really not that fussed about eating at all she loves a nibble on the grass and hay but food in a bowl..she can take it or leave it..I do offer it to her just a handfull but mum has worked out if she eats Dinky's first she quids in as Dinky would dream of stealing mums dinner..Im not worried about her eating as I think shes putting on wieght nicely
default_rolleyes.gif
although in her defence she is very fluffy
default_blush.png
I think.. all ready for winter like Anna said..
default_biggrin.png
shes a cutie and I still waste so much time during the day just watching and enjoying them go about theyr buisiness..thanks again for all your lovely comments and for letting me share my beautiful lil ponies and theyr new baby
default_wub.png

Miss chunky chops is just adorable and Anna I meant no offence
wub.gif
Lindi you are very lucky to have such lovely horses and their home is wonderful too
wink.gif

I have really enjoyed getting a chance to read this thread and see all the pics of little Dinky growing up.

She is just the cutest and so full of spunk.

I must try to gets some pics of my two although Buck still has a crusty muzzle so not too pretty at the moment LOL

Come on Lindy - it must be time for a few more pics of the gorgeous Dinky Doo (and the piggies!)
default_yes.gif

How is she progressing with the headcollar/leading lark?

Shes turned into a young lady now
default_yes.gif
the head collar slips on and off but i dont leave it on or I havnt done any leading as yet..Im sure she will oblige when the time is right..she will stand and let me do whatever just like Dad..takes it all in her stride..she has something very strange going on with her teeth/gums lol..she loves to rub her gums on the patio doors in fact anything cold and slipery!!..strange girl and what a sight from the opposite side of the window
default_laugh.png
it makes such a squeak and she has us in stiches laughing at her funny faces..she has a nibble at some food but still has the I'll take it or leave it attitude..not like mum
default_rolleyes.gif
get as much down as i can in the shortest possible time
default_wacko.png
..Im off out there now to potter and hopefully get some new pictures for you all to see how shes grown..everyday I look at her and think how lucky I am to have them all in my life..I really do enjoy them so much
default_wub.png

Dinky and her Daddy

304055_2353513971768_1667744376_2397934_124072906_n.jpg

Chunky Dinky with her winter wollies coming thick n fast..oh and her hairy chin
default_wub.png

304055_2353513931767_1667744376_2397933_1381505001_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_yes.gif
Yes she really has grown the last few weeks and is certainly dressed appropriately has become very cold..Thank you.. I think Daddy is a handsome boy too
default_wub.png
hes such a softie and loves his girl..they spend all day together hes very proud that she follows him round and only visits mum for the milk bar
default_rolleyes.gif

more Dinky n Dad

310698_2353623814514_1667744376_2397979_1070158677_n.jpg

310698_2353623734512_1667744376_2397978_1926808694_n.jpg

Goodness she's almost a young lady - how did that happen? She's gorgeous Lindy and I just love the first picture of her with her handsome Daddy - it is so good that they are such firm friends as it does give Dinky someone to 'hang out' with other than her Momma (mares can be so boring at times, never really interested in playing with their babies after a certain amount of time.
default_rolleyes.gif
)

Perhaps Dinky's idea of rubbing her teeth on 'cold' surfaces is due to her cutting some more teeth, OR it could be that she just likes to entertain you with her antics?? LOL!!

So glad that you are enjoying them, I often just stand and watch mine from a distance across the field, I like to see them interacting, changing grazing partners, stopping for shared scratches, or even suddenly setting off for a round around for no reason at all other than the sheer fun of it.
default_yes.gif

Keep warm and try to stay dry!!

WOW she has grown Lindi!! I have loved seeing her changes as she grows!!! definitley ready for your Wales winter lol Finn is already starting to try n lose some of his fluff ready for summer
default_rolleyes.gif
hehe its so funny seeing horses so fluffy when ours are madly trying to lose theirs!! or we are trying for them hehe
default_wub.png
she is beautiful!

Latest posts

Back