Did you watch the debate last night?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
Hidy ho! WOW! What a great debate that was. I absolutely loved that they showed both of their faces while the other was talking. To me that was all telling. There were moments where I laughed even. I was happy that McCain acknowledged and wished best wishes for Senator Kennedy.

My take of the debate:

Obama stumbled and stammered through several questions. He appeared (to me) as though he was trying hard to search for the words to say. I hope for him that his political entourage practice with him some more for the next debate. I think he did better at debating with Senator Clinton than he did with McCain.

McCain was very knowledgable and was able to answer quickly on questions and rebuttle to Obama. I found him to have done a fantastic job and I believe his experience shown through. In my opinion he did the better job out of the two.

Oh, McCain went back to the white house this morning to work on business while Obama went back out on the campaign trail. I really think this shows who is working for the American people and who is taking his pay check and not doing anything.

Oh you bet Harvey and I watched
thumbup.gif

My take on it was that McCain's statements went much deeper and Obama's were more superficial. It felt like McCain came across as very knowledgeable, authoritative, and ready to lead. Obama did better than I had expected, but he did not do as well as McCain. Obama also wore some resentful expressions when McCain had the floor
rolleye0014.gif

And, as you said, McCain's back "to work" for the USA today (not out posturing)
happy0064.gif

july4_1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched ...i only cought the first half though but i thought McCain did a wonderful job which made me very happy.
default_smile.png

I watched until my Granddaughter called that she was off work and I had to go and get her. So I missed the last part. I think McCain did a much better job. Obama had many bad expressions on his face while McCain was talking that I thought was very disrespectful. Shaking his finger and interupting. Like a child. Also did you catch Obamas calling McCain "Tom" once and "Jim" once. I'm not the only one here who heard it. McCain came off as much more informed. I know they were saying McCain should be more forceful when he talks. Plain and simple he is not a loud mouth. I like him just the way he is. Now for Palin and Biden debates. That should be very interesting.

We watched the whole thing.

In my opinion, McCain came across much more diplomatic and ready to deal with others in foreign affairs. He was calm and pleasant during the whole debate.

Obama was repeating things that he had already said and stuttering every now and then; I guess searching for the best way of saying what he was thinking. He did make a lot of faces when McCain was speaking; reacting much more to things McCain was saying than McCain was reacting to Obama. He seemed to be frustrated at McCain being allowed to use his fair amount of time as he motioned quite often for time to cut in which he was not given until McCain was done.

Of course Republicans will say that McCain did better, people wouldn't expect any different and vice versa as well. What I found interesting was the take of people who weren't decided and their take. What was reported is very different from what the Republican think. Obama fared much better and overall I have to agree with the poll. McCain seemed like an angry man and kept not answering the questions directly but going off on tangents and of course bringing up the fact that he fought a war
default_wacko.png
as if that makes all the difference. What was nice was the moderator kept pushing both of them to answer the questions and not letting them get away with skirting issues. Overall my impression was that Obama is the better speaker by far, there is no question about that. With all the hooplah from the Replublicans in the last week I think I know which way this election is going to go and with the debate with Palin coming, after seeing her interviews which were less than stellar to say the least, I think there will be a push in the Democrat campaign. Watching Palin's interview, even though I don't particularly care for her policies or for the manner she comes across as, I felt sorry for her. I think the McCain camp fell short in preparing her for these interviews and that was totally unfair to her. She deserved better than that. Her answer about Russia was pretty bad. She is totally out of her league here, unfortunately. I thnk if McCain would have picked another running mate that he probably would have won this election with a strong and knowledgeable partner. As it is I believe that he will not be the next President of the U.S. JMHO.

After Obama told John McCain 8 times I agree..lets just have Obama endorse McCain and get it over with!

Oh I got a bracelet too
default_laugh.png

Overall my impression was that Obama is the better speaker
Obama may be a better speaker according to some people but a good speaker does not a President make. You have to know and understand what you are talking about. And Obama had more problems expressing himself than McCain did. I think McCain won over all regardless what any polls report. I don't think you can believe polls anyway. They are all pretty much biased.

I heard a good one after the debates last night. Was said that when the 3:00 A.M. call comes Obama will only be ready if he was sleeping with Biden.
default_laugh.png
True. I think he will not be ready on his own.

Obama may be a better speaker according to some people but a good speaker does not a President make.
I was just going to say the same thing!! I watched the debate and actually thought they both did a good job. Obama(even with the stuttering) is a better speaker, looks into the camera and comes across better.

I'm still voting for McCain though!! I'd much rather have his years of experience in the office than a good speaker who looks good on camera but is light on experience. You also have to remember that McCain can't be as expressive as Obama because of the injuries he suffered as a POW. He can't even lift his arms properly.

I wonder how many on here picked up on the LIES? Oh they where smoothly delivered..But still LIES!

Al Qaeda Stronger - LIE

Iraq War long and drawn out - LIE, The Iraq war was over in two weeks. We are fighting Al Qaeda and other terrorists in Iraq.

I support nuclear power - LIE

And these are off the top of my head

I can certainly understand those voting for McCain is you are extremely conservative. He will appeal to many for that. Even though I of course can not vote what totally turns me off is his focus on "war" and foreign policy. As many have said (reporters and senators) the image of the U.S. in the world is at an all time low because of Bush. Without the "respect" of the international community the U.S. will have to "watch it's back" constantly because there are so many, what I call crazy" leaders around such as the President of Iran and in south america as well, etc. If these policies don't change the Americans can probably expect more possible wars at home, that is a worry as well. The other reason I don't like McCain is the continued Bush policy with regards to big business. The poor will keep getting poorer, the middle class will fund everytghing and big business will keep making huge profits to the detriment of those that support their corrupt ways. Of course they are allowed to make a profit but not to this point where the government has to step in and reward them for what they have done. These big CEOs, I have no idea how they sleep at night when they take these buy out packages that are ridiculous amounts when the government bails them out. Shame on them.

I can certainly understand those voting for McCain is you are extremely conservative. He will appeal to many for that. Even though I of course can not vote what totally turns me off is his focus on "war" and foreign policy. As many have said (reporters and senators) the image of the U.S. in the world is at an all time low because of Bush. Without the "respect" of the international community the U.S. will have to "watch it's back" constantly because there are so many, what I call crazy" leaders around such as the President of Iran and in south america as well, etc. If these policies don't change the Americans can probably expect more possible wars at home, that is a worry as well. The other reason I don't like McCain is the continued Bush policy with regards to big business. The poor will keep getting poorer, the middle class will fund everytghing and big business will keep making huge profits to the detriment of those that support their corrupt ways. Of course they are allowed to make a profit but not to this point where the government has to step in and reward them for what they have done. These big CEOs, I have no idea how they sleep at night when they take these buy out packages that are ridiculous amounts when the government bails them out. Shame on them.
The poor will have a FAIR chance of bettering themselfes by getting a job..much better than giving them loans and houses they CAN NOT PAY

I agree Danielle! People who like Obama think he did great like I do. Sad that because he is trying to give respect to McCain and point out where he thinks he has a good idea, all people can say is he just agreed with him. He will have to be ruder next time and stoop to McCain level.

GIVE respect..??? OMG..so why did he repeatly called him by his first name?? I bet SENATOR McCain did not play with him in the sandbox!

Well you know they probably do normally call each other by their names Christine. They work together as Senators.

Interesting that, at least last I checked, Obama led McCain in public opinion over 'who won' the debates. MSNBC shows 34% for McCain and 52% for Obama, with the remaining votes split between "tie" and "not sure".

Personally I didn't think it was that thrilling a debate and IMO, there was no clear winner. I do think that both candidates performed well, but there was nothing new, nothing compelling for either candidate.

These big CEOs, I have no idea how they sleep at night when they take these buy out packages that are ridiculous amounts when the government bails them out. Shame on them. By the way, three of Obama's advisers -- one headed his vice president search -- took nearly $150 million in golden parachute money from Fannie Mae. (Two are former Fannie Mae CEO's and the third is a former top exec at Fannie Mae.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back