Did you watch the debate last night?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of you young people should listen a little closer to someone like Jill.
[sound of hysterical laughter]

Thanks, Bonnie! I'm sure Kim (who is much younger than I) is also snickering at your comment. Talk about assumptions!

I suppose, though, that I really should listen to my elders, such as Jill...

signed,

The Old Fart, susanne

My goodness, what a turn for the worst this thread has taken.

All W-2s, 1099's, whether your small buisness is a C-corp, S-corp, or LLC. will be due by this time tomorrow.
default_smile.png
LOL

I would guess to truly discuss impact of any tax proposal on small business it would first be necessary to determine what constitutes a small business. Is it the one man sub contract construction worker, the

200 employee grocery chain, or somewhere in between? Or is it defined by the gross revenue ?

I have not seen either candidate discuss tax proposals in such detail as to truly ascertain the ramifications of said proposals.

I believe that our current tax code is so complex that few, if any, lay persons, (by that i mean those other than experts in a given area of tax law) can intelligently discuss the effects of tax laws on individuals and their business. We all know that whoever is elected their tax changes will probably not become law in their current state, as changes, add-ons, and the like will be necessary to get the bill to pass the house and senate.

For the life of me I can't understand how either candidate can promise tax cuts. Someone at some time

is going to have to pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the massive bailout bill, and the now huge

national debt. I guess it takes bigger minds then mine, so ladies have at it.

Gary

Bonnie --

You didn't do anything wrong and I know you didn't mean for people to jump at a chance to talk about my personal finances. Talk about personal and inappropriate n the part of that poster.

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie --
You didn't do anything wrong and I know you didn't mean for people to jump at a chance to talk about my personal finances. Talk about personal and inappropriate n the part of that poster.

Jill
Not inappropriate at all when someone brings up how we should make sure to listen to*agree with* you due to your age and wisdom and financial status in the business world.

I did not bring it up out of the blue it was presented to us as part of this discussion.

My goodness, what a turn for the worst this thread has taken.
I couldn't agree more. I've participated in several of these "debates" and some have been pretty pointed...but you folks are being just plain vicious.
default_unsure.png
Please take a deep breath and remember that this is a miniature horse forum where we consider one another "family" and that most of us visit on a regular basis. It certainly isn't one in which we should be calling one another names which we may later regret. Quite a few of the things that are being said are perfect examples of the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not inappropriate at all when someone brings up how we should make sure to listen to*agree with* you due to your age and wisdom and financial status in the business world.
You have sure taken this out of context. I did not say you had to AGREE. I said just listen to what she has to say. And THINK about it. Look at both sides of the picture.

This is wonderful, for once, to brag how old I am, in years if not in attitude.

I'm 50 and proud of it (type I diabetes has made reaching this age an accomplishment).

I would not be proud if I were ever to change over to the politics of I Got Mine (grammatical error intended), but iff I follow the example of my 85-year-old mother, who gave up on the GOP (Greed and Oil Party) to become a staunch Democrat years ago, I should be safe from the dark side.

But I'd better go back to ignoring these threads before I really speak my mind. As I said, my preference is for intelligent, fact-based political discussion.

Look at both sides of the picture.
BINGO!

And that IS the problem - the ones asking for this aren't willing to do the same, hence the reason for the friction in the threads. Don't do as I do, do as I say and if you don't....... and now back to our original programming, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back