Did you watch the debate last night?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you both know, I've said repeatedly that I will not debate our US elections with people who:
1. are not US Citizens

2. do not know what it feels like to be a US Citizen, and

3. are not eligible to vote in our election

Additionally, I'm not the only one annoyed that some people who are not US citizens are so adamant and pushy about who they think we should elect.
Attitudes like THAT are part of the reason America's place in the world is slipping away, IMO. I still love what Obama closed with in the debates.

" OBAMA: Well, let me just make a closing point. You know, my father came from Kenya. That's where I get my name.

And in the '60s, he wrote letter after letter to come to college here in the United States because the notion was that there was no other country on Earth where you could make it if you tried. The ideals and the values of the United States inspired the entire world.

I don't think any of us can say that our standing in the world now, the way children around the world look at the United States, is the same.

And part of what we need to do, what the next president has to do -- and this is part of our judgment, this is part of how we're going to keep America safe -- is to -- to send a message to the world that we are going to invest in issues like education, we are going to invest in issues that -- that relate to how ordinary people are able to live out their dreams.

And that is something that I'm going to be committed to as president of the United States."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm isnt it rather hypocritical to state you hold no ones opinion of US politics any value, that isnt a US citizen, but then agree with the invasion of another country to oust its Dictator when that countries citizens didnt ask for it? Do as I say, not as I do?

Additionally, I'm not the only one annoyed that some people who are not US citizens are so adamant and pushy about who they think we should elect.
Jill - where have I ever been "adamant and pushy" about who you should elect? Nowhere. You even get adamant and pushy with US citizens who you do not agree with - and even laugh and sneer at them - so I confess that your comment above confuses me a bit...

The sneering gets to be a bit much - but whatever. I guarantee you that I take far more interest in what is going on and am far more concerned than any of the people I see on a day to day basis - many of whom are not even going to bother to vote.

I have debated assorted points. I have agreed with points on both sides at times - even though I lean left. I find fault with both sides for the sheer waste of millions of dollars spent on campaigns that drag out and take far too long. I take issue with both hides for the pointless grandstanding and show boating that occurs...

I mainly try to provide facts (NOT from any partisan sources) to counterbalance many of the ridiculous viral emails that so many believe without checking into at all.... or the "facts" that some continue to push in these threads that are anything but - no matter what side they are on.

You might see all that if you did not summarily and haughtily dismiss the input of others and just "skim"...

No one is trying to "call you out" for a debate - they are just making their own observations and offering their opinions.

Which again, you would know if you were not so dismissive...

Not once have I told anyone who to vote for. Not. Once.
default_no.gif

Jill - where have I ever been adamant and pushy about who you should elect? Nowhere. You even get adamant and pushy at US citisens who you do not agree with - so I confess that your comment above confused me a bit... :
By continuing to have an opinion, you're being adamant and pushy. Much like I'm 'out of control' for posting links and defending my positions.
default_rolleyes.gif

When we are so bold as to call our president the "leader of the free world," why wouldn't citizens of other countries (especially those better informed on the issues than most US citizens) have strong opinions on whom we elect?

Lisa, if you think I'm rude, you may want to re-read recent posts by members of your claque.

Hmmm I haven't seen anyone that is voting for Obama said such things.

By continuing to have an opinion, you're being adamant and pushy..
Wait a minute. You are saying Jill is pushy and adamant because she continues to have an opinion.
default_new_shocked.gif
How ridiculous is that statement. All the opinions you have tried to push off on people here trying to get your point across. You are just trying to get all the dirt you can. Get people riled up. Yeah it's working. Like I said before you are looking through a two way mirror. Can only see things one way. I think some of you young people should listen a little closer to someone like Jill. (Not that Jill is old) She is very well informed. She's done her work. Jill is successful because she has worked very hard to get where she is. Why should she have it taken away and have her hard earned money given to someone who doesn't work? Also I know the younger people who are about to vote for the 1-2 time do NOT remember some of the years when the Democrats were in. If you want rights taken away go ahead and vote for Obama. Granted the Republicans have done things not quite right either in my opinion but for all purposes the Republicans will look after us better as working people. I'm retired so I probably won't have to pay taxes this year. My income is very low but I sure would hate to have my children and grandchildren suffer because Obama put his ideas into order. What good is a tax break for 95% of the working people (btw it started out 95% of the people) (40% don't pay taxes, so he had to change it to "working" people. What good is it if there are no jobs because businesses will be forced to close or cut back under his administration. You wait, as an older voter, Things will not get better if Obama wins. No matter who wins it is going to take a lot of time and effort but I just don't think Obama can do it. Like they said when that 3:00A.m. call comes Obama better be sleeping with Biden. He won't be able to handle it. Probably push the snooze and go back to sleep. Sorry for the rant but some people ask for it.
default_wacko.png

Okay, let's go through this point by point.

Wait a minute. You are saying Jill is pushy and adamant because she continues to have an opinion.
default_new_shocked.gif
How ridiculous is that statement.
Actually, that entirely sarcastic comment was directed at Tagalong, after Jill decided to say 'pushy and adamant', and Tag wanted to know how/why she was being pushy and adamant.

All the opinions you have tried to push off on people here trying to get your point across. You are just trying to get all the dirt you can.
I wasn't aware that facts=dirt. As far as I know, I haven't posted anything that wasn't factual. I could be wrong, and I'm happy to go back and make corrections if need be. I see a great deal of people posting things about Obama, some of which aren't true. In those cases I am happy to defend my candidate by posting the truth, and in other cases I work to point out the double standard that seems to be ongoing because McCain's past isn't squeaky clean, either.

Why should she have it taken away and have her hard earned money given to someone who doesn't work?
Oversimplification. I pay taxes, too. Most (all?) Americans, in some way or another, pay taxes. At the gas pump, at the store, out of their paychecks or in April. These taxes keep our roads in repair, support our schools, our troops, and people who 'don't work' because they've been laid off, because of disability or other hardships. Even if we remove 'people who don't work' from the equation, our nation NEEDS taxes to keep itself going. And personally, why would you want to remove people from this equation? I don't. Is there welfare fraud? You bet. Do we need reform? YES, bring it on! But I would rather see $100,000 of taxes go to welfare, know that $90,000 of it was wasted on people who don't need it, but know that $10,000 went to someone who would be without a place to live or a way to feed their children without it.

Also I know the younger people who are about to vote for the 1-2 time do NOT remember some of the years when the Democrats were in.
I wasn't aware that a person needed to have lived through or have certain memories in order to vote. I was under the impression that anyone 18 or older was allowed to. I also wasn't aware that we have no video, no books, nothing to remind us of the way things were under assorted administrations. For the record, I remember a bit of Bush Sr's time in office, as well as the Clinton administration.

The rest? Have you looked into Obama's plans for the nation at all? What he plans to do for taxes, small business, American business?

What good is having businesses going to do if no one can AFFORD to buy anything?

Even if we remove 'people who don't work' from the equation, our nation NEEDS taxes to keep itself going. And personally, why would you want to remove people from this equation?
I didn't remove it. Obama did ( or someone who finally figured out how stupid it sounded.) because what he was saying was he was going to cut taxes for 95% of the people. NOT possible because 40% don't pay taxes.

Just turn on the fox channel for a while and really listen to it. You will learn a lot.
default_smile.png

Basset-I meant people who receive welfare benefits, which you seem to object to giving help to.

I don't see why Fox News is different from any other news source. They're all biased, and I watch very little TV news anyway.

Also.. I would like to make a prediction.. If I am wrong.. so be it and will be the first to apologize for thinking this way.. I predict that Sara P. will resign from the campaign soon..
Why would you think that's going to happen?

Jill, since I am Canadian you can ignore my comments as I know nothing.

I agree Mary Lou. It would be the best thing for the republican campaign if she did based on the 3 interviews I watched. I felt sorry for her, even though I don't particularly care for her. I think that the McCain group should be ashamed to not have prepared her better for those interviews. They had to know what the media was going to put her through but her answers to some of the question not only made her look less than stellar and made her look not qualified at all in the foreign policy portfolio. I think if McCain could have talked Condi into being his running mate I think the republicans would have won by a landslide. JMHO.

Mary Lou, I have been thinking along the same lines as your prediction since listening to Palin. She may be a nice person but she sure does not maake herself look very knowledgeable. It is an awful thought to think she very well could end up our President if by some weird happening Mcain gets the Presidency.

I am really trying to stay out of all this but as an American living 30 years out of my country.. the love and respect of the U.S. from other countries has severly plummeted in the last 8 years.. But please keep in mind that they still love the American people.. just not it's politics and war-mongering..
Also.. I would like to make a prediction.. If I am wrong.. so be it and will be the first to apologize for thinking this way.. I predict that Sara P. will resign from the campaign soon..

I think some of you young people should listen a little closer to someone like Jill. (Not that Jill is old) She is very well informed. She's done her work. Jill is successful because she has worked very hard to get where she is. Why should she have it taken away and have her hard earned money given to someone who doesn't work?
Are you implying Jill or McCain supporters are the only successful people here on this forum? If so let me be the first to tell you that you are sadly and completely mistaken. I know of many on this forum more successful then Jill from her own many accounts of her tax bracket. Many small businesses owners. The difference is perhaps they are actually out there working rather then repeating themselves to the point of silliness on these threads. Not everyone feels the need to throw out their tax bracket or repeat their opinions over and over.

Mary Lou I have actually heard that same prediction from others in the past 24 hours as well.

Are you implying Jill or McCain supporters are the only successful people here on this forum? If so let me be the first to tell you that you are sadly and completely mistaken. I know of many on this forum more successful then Jill from her own many accounts of her tax bracket. Many small businesses owners. The difference is perhaps they are actually out there working rather then repeating themselves to the point of silliness on these threads. Not everyone feels the need to throw out their tax bracket or repeat their opinions over and over.
Bingo, I did catch what you just said... do you seriously want to compare 1099's? Or reflect upon who earns a higher income than I do? Oh... My... Gosh :DOH!

Jill I have no need to compare anything with anyone. I am well aware of what assets I have. I am sure most who are making good money do not feel the need to post on a public miniature horse forum what tax bracket they are in either. No one should have to agree with your political choice simply due to the fact they feel you are or are not successful or are older then others as Basset implied.

My point is simply that nothing more nothing less.

I know of many on this forum more successful then Jill from her own many accounts of her tax bracket. Many small businesses owners.
They also should NOT have to give their hard earned money away. Believe me I have been in more than one business and everyone is after your money if they think you are making it.

No one should have to agree with your political choice simply due to the fact they feel you are or are not successful or are older then others as Basset implied.
I SAID Jill has done her work I SAID not that Jill is old. I SAID some of you younger people should pay more attention to someone older (lots of us are older than you) OR someone like Jill who has done her work, meaning on politics.

Sorry Jill, I didn't mean to get you hollered at.
default_unsure.png

My first input into this thread.(or any of these political threads)

Bonnie (Bassett), I completely agree with you with your earlier post. I remember well.

And on one thread, not sure which one, it was said that California is a Democratic state. I suppose it is....but, Most of the people I know, myself included, are Republicans. My 33 yr. old daughter who lives in Southern California, (Santa Clarita) and most of her many friends are also Republicans, or Voting McCain. Just wanted to make the point that not everyone in Calif. will be voting Obama.

I have enjoyed these threads, actually learned quite a bit.

And I am afraid of what will happen should Obama win........ on many levels.

In these times that we are in, we need someone who has been around the block a few times.

of course, JMO.

Sue

I checked the other night and I forgot the exact number, but most of our California governors for the last 100 years have also been Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back