Desparate prayers needed~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyn - I hardly slept all night as I was worrying so much. It is good news that you found the placenta and more foal prints. Bailey is probably scared and just hiding her foal - once the sun comes up you will find them - I am so sure of that
default_yes.gif
: . You must be so very scared and so tired. More prayers for you, Bailey and the little one.
default_wub.png
:

Bet she is really hungry by now, I am sure that you will carry grain with you, maybe she will just follow you home whn she hears the can.

I have been up checking this all night and praying hard fr you all. Please God, bring them home safe!!!

Hugs,

Robin

Ok, Lyn. Now use everything you have and you know you "got it", take some hay, some grain and lead. I know you can get her. Just scoop up that wee one and start walking. Know that many of us are here in your head and heart talking to Bailey too.

Will she come for grain, i would get a large cup and try to get her to come up to you or atleast she knows you have food. But on the other side the rattle of the grain might spook her. Atleast she has been spotted! I'd go with what Demi said, just get a lead rope around her neck and then the halter. It only takes a second to get a lead around their neck and haltering takes longer. Thats always my rutine when someone gets loose, i get the lead around their neck so that i atleast 'got them' and then halter them.

Prayers coming your way, please keep us posted and take care of yourself in this stressful time. Goodluck!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Bailey and baby...your momma is needing you home now.

Prayers coming you way.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Lyn --

Do you have portable round pen panels? If so, can you set up a trap and put down a feed pan? That might be the safest way to catch her? Like maybe make it two panels deep, one panel wide, and the feed pan at the far end, then close her in once she goes into the trap?

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seeing this... I'm so relieved that you have at least spotted Bailey and her foal. I know you'll safely catch them eventually
default_yes.gif
:

Glad she's been spotted at least you know they are both doing ok..I can't give you any more advice than was already mentioned, just sending good luck vibes your way! Next post you do, I bet will be that you have her safe and sound again ;)

thank GOD they've both been seen STANDING!!! that is a VERY good sign that all is well. all except for the fact that she's probably terribly frightened and very wary even of those people she is familiar with. i think the "trap" idea is wonderful! i'll be watching for updates and praying that all goes well and your girl and her baby are home safely very soon! you must be frantic, i know i would be!!

I am so shocked at how many people there would not help Lyn. I called her last night to give her the phone numbers of all the search and rescue teams that I located. Lyn was way too shaken to do the calling so I offered. I think I called half the state of Virginia and explained the situation I think a hundred times trying to get some help over her place and they all kept passing the buck. Finally, somehow I was routed to the Fire Dept of Richmond and that man was extremely sympathetic and said he would at least send people out there to take a report and try to get people up to help do a search. Geesh! It's "only a horse, right?" Another lesson learned of lack of humanity in this world.

Oh Lyn, I am just reading theupdates I was hoping you had her and baby safe at home. My prayers on their way for you to find her and get her home safe. You know everyone on this forum is praying for her safe return. God Bless

Yvonne

Hope to come home after work and see that you got Baily home safe and sound. Sounds just like she wanted MAJOR privacy to have her baby. I am hoping for all of this to be done soon and you will have a new foal to love.

Came into this whole thing very late and am praying for you Lyn..........Now that it's light out, I hope you can get Bailey and her newborn home safe..........

MA

Just came on and found this, so glad you have spotted them and things appear to be okay. Hoping for a quick catch... I've had a couple of foxy old mares who foaled outside, always had better luck scooping up the foal and carrying it than catching the mares. The trap is a great idea too if she will fall for it.

You are in my thoughts - have chased them down it the dark here before and I know the panic...

Jan

Adding my
default_pray.gif
: to the list.

I hope you are able to catch her safe and sound. Lots of good suggestions. I know how frustrating it can be to get so close and not be able to grab them.

Keep the updates coming!

Oh Lynn, I am so sorry for everything you are going thru. I can imagine how exhausted you must be with worry. But now that you know she is standing with her foal, I would set up a trap too, since she is so hard to catch. It might not hurt to put a good pal of hers, (another horse) in that trap, and hope she will come to the other horse, I would also be setting out little bits of grain leading into the trap. Then just sit out of sight and wait. The only other way would be if you could catch the foal, I am sure she would follow you then. Keeping you in my thoughts and praying for a safe return for both mom and baby. Corinne

I am so glad that you found momma and foal!! I hope you are able to catch them fairly easily. I was also thinking trap. You said they were in the trees right? Could you make a rope corral around them? Then tie that into the opening of your trap? Then they couldn't run away again? Then she can relax a bit and take her own time. I went through a similar thing in the late winter so I know how you are feeling. Big hugs.

Lynn I am so sorry, lots of hugs and prayers going out for Bailey and foal.

Latest posts

Back