Horses attacked by pit bulls (update on page 9)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening forum family,

God is good. Thru lots of prayers we meet up with the neighbors. The last pit bull is gone AMEN!! They have a little yorkie puppy. They appologized over and over again. They are a very young couple that has a 2 yr old boy and a baby. They agreed to pay us $100 a month till the $1,000. vet bill is paid in full. We chose not to ask for any money to replace Pearl. We feel a relief and will be able to move on from here.

They wanted to come over and meet Cowboy. So we all walked back to our house. They kept saying how beautiful he is. They seemed relieved that we all were able to work things out.

Thanks again for all the support and suggestions.

Trish & Cowboy

I'm so happy the other dog is gone. I think they were extremely careless to have had those dogs with a young child in the home. In the long run, I think your horses may have saved the life of their child and they don't even know it.

I can understand you leaving it where it is. They sound young and probably just not very thoughtful, meaning they just didn't think through all the consequences of having those dogs in the first place. I'm sure they are so relieved you are not asking for them to pay restitution for Pearl.

Bless you and Cowboy!

Bless your hearts. Yes, God is good. You are awesome in how you have handled this. Most of us would have continued RAGE with the dog owners. I know that I would even though I have experienced more than my share of traumatizing events in my life AND God carried me through them all...I know that I could not have moved forward like you have as quickly and released them from further restitution this soon. Having the ability to move on...again, you are awesome. I pray for your continued healing through this. Wishing Cowboy comfort and best wishes.

Trish, this story made me want to cry. I can't even begin to imagine going thru something like this. I am so glad Cowboy has recovered. God Bless you guys. You are in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Good evening forum family,

God is good. Thru lots of prayers we meet up with the neighbors. The last pit bull is gone AMEN!! They have a little yorkie puppy. They appologized over and over again. They are a very young couple that has a 2 yr old boy and a baby. They agreed to pay us $100 a month till the $1,000. vet bill is paid in full. We chose not to ask for any money to replace Pearl. We feel a relief and will be able to move on from here.

They wanted to come over and meet Cowboy. So we all walked back to our house. They kept saying how beautiful he is. They seemed relieved that we all were able to work things out.

Thanks again for all the support and suggestions.

Trish & Cowboy
This just shows what a nice person you are , I applaud your good nature and I agree with everything StarRidgeAcres said :)

I hope I could be as forgiving if it ever happened to me

Well, I know me, and I applaud you for handling it so nicely.... I know I couldnt. THANK GOD that other dog is GONE. That just scares the bejeepers out of me that they had those dogs and tiny children- omg!

How sad that Cowboy misses his friend... I am sure he was expecting her to greet him there. Bless you and Cowboy and SO glad that the situation is resolving.

I too am glad the remaining dog is gone and agree you may well have saved a childs life. That alone has to be a huge relief to you knowing it should not happen again.

I am glad that they are taking responsiblity for the tragic accident and came to actually see Cowboy. Please to hear he is doing better also.

I am sorry for your loss of pearl, and no matter how much they paid it would never replace your equine friend. Give Cowboy a treat for me, he has more than earned it!

I only hope that put in the same situation as you I would be able to do the same.

Latest posts

Back