Critiques needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay totally forgive me if I am wrong but it looks to me like someone has taken photos of the same horse at various stages of growth and degrees of conditioning and had some fun playing with photo editing?

All of the pictures but perhaps the first one have been photo shopped. The first picture is the same horse as the 2nd one. The first looks to be when he was a foal and the second is when he is 2. The 2nd photo is heavily photo shopped and I did the critique based upon what he looks like in the photo, not what he really looks like.

The next two pictures are of the second horse and both are heavily photo shopped too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think his head is probably prettier than it looks in the pics. His markings make things looks a bit deceptive I think. I would say enjoy him, let him grow up, condition him and see what you have. It's like slowly opening a christmas present!
I personally like your third stallion the best. I've had the fortune to see him in person and he's a nice little guy!

And you have some very nice mares too.
default_wub.png
Thanks for the compliment on our mares. By third stallion are you meaning Kegleys Lasting Impression?

And as for Double Visions head, ITS BEAUTIFUL, it has a pretty little dish, small and refined, I also thought when I was going to get him his head was a little big, and no dish...but it's just the photo. I love his head!!!
default_wub.png

Here is a winter photo

DSC01703.jpg

Okay totally forgive me if I am wrong but it looks to me like someone has taken photos of the same horse at various stages of growth and degrees of conditioning and had some fun playing with photo editing?

All of the pictures but perhaps the first one have been photo shopped. The first picture is the same horse as the 2nd one. The first looks to be when he was a foal and the second is when he is 2. The 2nd photo is heavily photo shopped and I did the critique based upon what he looks like in the photo, not what he really looks like.

The next two pictures are of the second horse and both are heavily photo shopped too.
Yes Here are the un-photo shop photos. The 2nd one of the top stallion...the only thing I edited was removing the lead rope. & a different one, in person his legs are very nice, very straight and not over at the knees. The only thing that seems off to me is his head, because his neck is so tiny. and hes lacking in the weight department!

midnight1.jpg

midnight3.jpg

That's a problem with horses with white ANYWHERE it fools the eye, you REALLY have to look closely at structure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't going to say anything but since it has been mentioned yes you can tell those photos were edited. You have to be very careful when having edited photos on your site. People may think you are hiding something on the horse. You may not be and it looks like you were just having the horse on a pretty background, but first impression is always the key. I always look at the horse and not whats behind it. It turns me off when I see a photo edited. Just my 2 cents.

For the second stallion yes is head isn't that pretty but the one thing I see that I really don't like on this stallion is his hind end and legs.

I agree about the photo-shopping, I am afraid I took one look at the first photos and moved on.

I can't honestly say the last lot are any better- you can see the changes and I will not critique edited pictures, I have done this in good faith on the past and lived to regret it!!

I wasn't going to say anything but since it has been mentioned yes you can tell those photos were edited. You have to be very careful when having edited photos on your site. People may think you are hiding something on the horse. You may not be and it looks like you were just having the horse on a pretty background, but first impression is always the key. I always look at the horse and not whats behind it. It turns me off when I see a photo edited. Just my 2 cents.

I agree 100% I attempt not to edit ANYTHING on my photos besides the lead. If theres dirt on them oh well. To me it screems some one is trying to hide somthing. Just be careful in the future.

Latest posts

Back