CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am VERY excited!!! Now I will just start guessing at her due date month. I think she is about 9 months along, but again just guesses. At least I know there is a little one in there! My youngest sister who is 11 made a special notebook where we all have to make guesses as to sex, color, and when we all think the baby will come. So cute.

Oh and Renee, I caught your drift LOL
default_smile.png

Well I never doubted it - but am really thrilled for you!!
default_thumbup.gif

If there is any 'movement' in her udder then she is a lot further along than 9 months. She is a maiden I think (?) and they can carry their babies a lot higher up/hidden than regular brood mares, often until the last minute when the baby finally drops into position, so dont count too much on her tummy size to give you a idea of when she might be due - watch out for udder development instead for the moment.
default_yes.gif

For now can you take a pic of her udder every 5 days for us - this will show any increase. Looking daily can have you thinking things are happening, but the pics will give a true picture!

Anna do you think she could be farther along than the 9 months? I have no idea if she is a maiden or not, wish I did know.

Last time I took photos was 5 days ago, so took some today. I have not felt anymore foal kicking, but from the photos she isn't so lopsided anymore. Maybe you all will have some input! I am hoping to have a camera up within a week!

DSC_0991.JPG

DSC_1005.JPG

DSC_1002.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0989.JPG

DSC_0983.JPG

DSC_0958.JPG

DSC_0872.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I do see the slight change. Baby was thumping away tonight and my sister and friend got to feel
default_smile.png
so amazing!!!

We have had really terrible weather so Summer really enjoyed her time outside today! I could honestly watch her trot all day long, I still can't believe how lucky my family is to have found her. She is so very special, and sometimes I even see some of Rue's quirks in her. Not much to update on.... Haven't felt any foal kicking under her belly, thought I felt something by her flank this morning. She has been rubbing her but for a bit now and the hair will probably be completely gone by the time the foal arrives... She doesn't have milk or even a full bag yet but today I ordered the milk strips just to have ready. Her edema is SO large, if it really is going to move into her udder then she will have a massive bag. Hopefully she decides to go shopping within the next 2 months!

Oh and I apologize for the poor udder pic, my camera died right after I took the shot.

DSC_0912.JPG

DSC_0907 2.JPG

DSC_0890.JPG

DSC_0851.JPG

DSC_0913.JPG

DSC_0891.JPG

DSC_1025.JPG

DSC_1024.JPG

DSC_1023.JPG

DSC_1026.jpg

Yep she looks fabulous
default_thumbup.gif
My girls normally take about 6 weeks from when they get the swelling in front of their udders
default_yes.gif

She is such a stunning girl and looking in fabulous condition too - I keep thinking back to those pictures of her when you first got her - no comparison, you have done wonders with her. Well done you!!

Ok question....

Very first time I felt the foal kicking it was slight sudden movements (which I refer to as soft punches) right in front of Summer's large edema. Tonight the foal was giving us massive kicks much lower in her belly almost right in the middle, maybe slightly closer to her front legs than the exact middle of her belly. It was SO cool to feel such power from the inside! Anyone know what position baby would have to be in to cause kicks in such a different place? Not sure if anyone even knows, but I wasn't sure if it meant he/she changed positions or not.

Hows her udder looking now - any other obvious changes?

I'm so excited about this coming foal.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back