CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her udder is pretty much the same, no obvious changes anyway.

Me too Anna! I can't wait
default_smile.png

No new photos to share but a bit of an update.

Summer rolled a couple times in her paddock today, which she absolutely never does. She isnt big on even rolling in her stall. Then the tail swishing started and biting/looking at her tummy. She has also been holding up her stall with her behind, poor girl.

To top it all off my barn flooded and I had to move miss Summer and Tommy (the shetland) to my friends boarding facility down the street. Which is also where 2 of my large horses currently reside (Patrick & Pippa). I really hated moving poor Summer, she is a very nervous little girl but she is being very closely watched. Leaving her at the new barn felt like I was abandoning my child, silly I know but it was sad!

Will try and get photos within the next couple of days (when I have a second), my thoughts are that Summer is a maiden and maybe she wont be getting a full udder before foaling? Who knows, just my guess. Id really appreciate her reading the book and following it though. But as we all know, nothing is ever easy.

My spring break starts tomorrow, so I am really looking forward to catching up with all of the threads and seeing how everyone else is doing!!

Sorry about your barn - will you be able to get it dried out/repaired soon so you can get Summer and Tommy back?

Some updated pics of our special Summer would be great when you have a moment.
default_yes.gif

How are things at home now, has the barn dried up a bit? I am sending prayers
default_pray.gif

Barn has dried up, almost completely!!! Its so sad to pull into my barn and have NO horses inside, I just hate it. Hopefully within a weeks time I will get to move Summer and Tommy back over! Along with maybe one or two more ;)

yes me too! it must be horrible not having your horses at home
default_sad.png
I don't know if I could handle it...

maybe this will help
default_smile.png

"Summer and Tommy lived in a nice warm barn, down came the rain and washed poor ponies out

Out came the sun and dried up all the rain so Summer and Tommy could live in the barn again " hehe

how is Summer going?

I know how you feel, although my current problem is snow. My barn is full of snow, and so are my corrals and my fences are getting buried and I'm sick of winter and... Shall I go on? Oh, one more thing... And, once it does start to melt my barns will be flooded and everyone will still be stuck outside. Hopefully, we'll be dry by the end of April, which would be Baybe's earliest foaling possibility (turned stud out June 27)

Cass your song is just brilliant, made be smile!!

Summer is alright, kind of confusing me though. She seems uncomfortable a lot now, staring and biting at her big tummy. Now she isnt completely finishing her grain, and she is miss piggy. So this is not at all like her. I will have to snap photos tomorrow, I haven't in awhile so not sure of any actual changes. Since I see her so many times a day, comparing with photos is SO much easier. I have a feeling she will foal within a months time, but thats just a guess.

The big barn with all the horses and people makes her very nervous, I hate it! We are getting snow and rain this week, up to a foot I guess. Which sucks because that could mean more flooding. We had a couple feet of snow which melted off and with the a couple really nice days, and lots of rain well the barn was VERY wet. Just hoping it doesn't happen again this week. Its very depressing to see an empty 20 stall barn.

Chanda I could NOT handle the amount of snow you have..... I would be crying! LOL. Spring and Summer cannot come fast enough!!!!

hahah I'm glad it did
default_smile.png

poor little thing! can you put drainage around the barn to divert the water and stop it from flooding? I dnt know if its a possibility or not but one of my stalls gets really wet when we get a lot of rain so Dad put a drain behind and its fixed the issue
default_smile.png

I hope it dries out for the both of you very very sooN!

Unfortunately, the spring melt off seems to be too much to try to divert, but trying is one of this summer's projects (when the ground isn't frozen). I'm going to try to dig a ditch around the barn that will help the water flow away from the barn, instead of into it.

Summer has been acting odd, and today she was not at all herself. I was going to the barn at 9 tonight to do a night check but decided to go a bit later.. My mum and I were on our way to the barn at 11 and got a phone call that our neighbors home was burning down. This isn't our house neighbor, its our neighbor directly in front of our barn. We rushed there (the barn we moved Summer to for a couple weeks is only 5 mins away) first not knowing what we would see. We couldn't even get down the road due to it being an 8 alarm call. I have never seen so many fire trucks and fire fighters in my life. Completely devastating to see the massive yellow house completely engulfed in flames.

Thank god the wife and children were away. I think just the husband was present at time of the fire, and no clue how it was started yet. I just got home and the house is still on fire, my 20 stall barn is just about 50 ft behind it and just to the right of my big barn is another neighbor with 2 horses. I am SO thankful no one has been hurt, and that my horses are not in that barn. I have been so sad that it has been empty, but couldn't be happier that they aren't there. Our hay loft was filled with smoke and it took me awhile to find my barn kitty "Binx" as he was completely terrified.

I imagine the house will collapse on its own, or hopefully they can get it down before that has to happen. So devastating, just hoping and praying that it does not spread to my barn or my neighbors.

I took these photos of Summer 3 days ago and kept forgetting to post them. Not much difference, but good to document on here how things are going. Once I figure out the wifi/computer situation at the big barn she is at now I will hopefully have her on camera within the next couple of weeks, crossing my fingers.

DSC_0891 2.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

So sorry to hear about the fire but thank goodness no one was hurt. Glad you found Binx.

Sorry to hear about your neighbors fire, how frightening. I am so glad your horses and property are ok.

What a terrifying time for all concerned! Glad everyone was safe and that you found Binx!

Thanks for the pictures of Summer - looks as though she's progressing perfectly.
default_yes.gif

gosh how absoloutly terryfing! so glad no one was hurt and it didn't reach your barn... :/ that poor family! do you know how it started yet?
default_sad.png

wow yay for Summer! nice progress. and so glad to hear that she will be coming up on camera! we have been "watching" this girl for so long that is will be awesome to be able to see her on cam! woohoo! made my day
default_smile.png

Yes it was VERY scary. It started as a chimney fire, and then spread through the house. Its so sad to pull up to the barn and see the home. I am so sad for the poor family. Yesterday they were boarding it up, my dad and sister went in with the family to help gather a couple things that were left. The news stations still have not left the street. It took hours to get the fire out and they had hoses going from every which way, which resulted in major water damage everywhere.

Our front field looks like a swimming pool, and the inside of our very dry barn is now much worse than it was. Someone came over and said that there is a lot of damage from the fire trucks. I was planning on moving Summer and Tommy back in a couple days before all of this had to happen. The water is getting higher by the second, they said there was something like fifty thousand gallons of water pumping per minute. It looks like the front of the property is now a river.

As long as no one was hurt including any animal, I can live with the damage to the barn. Now just to figure out where to put Dove once she has to move out of quarantine... The big full board barn has not one stall open, just my luck!

Whoa... How scary! I once had a neighbor who's house burnt down. It was so sickening to watch. We were fortunate the fire didn't spread. I hope everyone is okay.

On my thank god everything ended ok with no injuries to equine or human.......and good news on summer can't wait to see the lil one....
default_smile.png

Lexischase I went on amazon and looked up cameras I spent around $100.00 for cam and wire and all the fixtures then to get online you need a USB 2.0 video capture device mine is a ezcap model 116 runs about $25.00, a computer and Internet once you have that I use mare stare and Heather will get you all set up.... That's about it really its pretty easy.....

Latest posts

Back