CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay got a call that Summer was laying flat out and breathing odd (so my friend thought). I went about an hour after she saw this, which is the time she called to tell me. I got there and she was flat out sound asleep I startled her my accident and she jumped right up. She seemed super calm and very tired. She yawned and stretched when she got up and kept one back leg far back.

I got a couple photos of the inside of her vulva, but they were with my cell phone in the dark barn. I cant believe she even let me take the photos, she hates it even with someone holding her still in front. I will post the least blurry photo.

Will you all let me know what you think of the shade of pink it is? I don't have any photos of her to compare to since she always HATES this part of her "photo shoot" LOL

But to me it doesn't look as pale pink as some of the photos I have seen on here... Please feel free to post comparison photos!

Edit: It flipped the pic upside down.... Sorry don't know how to fix it once loaded.

photo-30.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
given that she had just been lying down which puts pressure on things I would have expected a darker colour... that is quite dark... any other signs?

Progress Progress!!!

Ok tonight when I checked her, the back of her udder where it looked like all the loose skin was just hanging down (would actually flap when she walked LOL) was very firm to the touch tonight. I was a bit shocked. Definitely feels bigger and firmer under all the hair. Cant fully tell from the photos that its bigger, but I will be clipping her under there this week to clean things up. Hopefully she continues to slowly progress now!!!

DSC_0877.JPG

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0854.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0871.jpg

DSC_0851 2.jpg

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Okay everyone....

Just got this photo from my good friend at the quarantine barn. For those of you who are new this is my other mare Dove.

We have been suspicious of another "2 for 1" and this photo really makes me wonder. I am going over today to photograph her myself. Will take a whole bunch of photos, but you aunties will possibly have another niece/nephew on the way.
default_517.gif

Dove is not a maiden and I know she had a stunning filly a few years ago, and was a wonderful mummy!
default_biggrin.png

IMG_1174_2.jpg

The pics are not that helpful, I had no one to hold her and she is literally a pocket pet. She wants to be right next to you or scratched the whole time. Such a love!

You can see she is lopsided from behind, and she is not at all fat on her bum. So she is just rolley polley in the tummy area. She is very fluffy, cant wait till its a bit warmer so I can bathe and clip her. I didn't get any pics underneath but from the couple of side shots it looks like an edema starting to maybe form??

Looking forward to hear what her wonderful aunties think
default_smile.png

DSC_0856.JPG

DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0812.JPG

DSC_0854.JPG

DSC_0828.JPG

DSC_0821.JPG

DSC_0810.JPG

DSC_0878.JPG

DSC_0834.JPG

What a sweet heart
default_smile.png
she is adorable, i hear the tiny pitter patter of foal hoofs
default_smile.png

My really good friend who runs the quarantine barn at her home told me if I rescued a gelding he would most likely be pregnant LOL

I told her I don't mind as long as it has 4 legs/hooves, one head, 2 eyes, 2 ears etc. then I am good. Healthy is all that matters, just wish I knew what someone bred these girls to....... I don't know anything about Dove's recent past, wish I did. So its looking more and more like Summer's foal will have a playmate.

Wow!! It took me 3 hours to read this thread! Lol I read the whole thing while sitting in my RV watching my "Summer". I would get so involved in what I was reading and then have a mini panic that I haven't looked at Summer! Lol

Lexi, you have been through a lot since you started posting on here!! I'm so sorry for your loss of Rue. Summer is just beautiful!!! I can't wait to see her baby!! I wonder which Summer will go first??

Wow!! It took me 3 hours to read this thread! Lol I read the whole thing while sitting in my RV watching my "Summer". I would get so involved in what I was reading and then have a mini panic that I haven't looked at Summer! Lol

Lexi, you have been through a lot since you started posting on here!! I'm so sorry for your loss of Rue. Summer is just beautiful!!! I can't wait to see her baby!! I wonder which Summer will go first??
Thanks so much Mindy! It has been a crazy year full of ups and downs, thats for sure. I definitely think your lovely little Summer will beat mine! But ya never know! So glad you joined us in the Nutty Nursery!!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back