CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so very sorry to hear of Rues passing. Just know that you did all you could do and she loved you for it.

Sending my condolences. Minis are so special.
default_sad.png

Oh Lexi, I only found your post tonight but I have read every page with bated breath and I am devastated for you and your family and of course Little Rue
default_sad.png
... you did so much for her that this is a sad end...The only thing is now she wont get sicker and she is in no pain RIP Little Rue...sending you all hugs ..xx

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I still can't believe Rue is really gone. My heart seems to sink more and more each day, seeing her empty stall everyday is so devastating I don't know how I do it. She was my mother and I's baby, so special and taken way to soon. But we continue to say Rue had other plans, I have had several people tell me Rue always had her wings on earth we could just not see them. Little did they know how weird it was for them to say it, because we always called Rue an angel. She was unlike any other animal I have ever known, she will be constantly missed.

I wish the moment i found her gone didn't keep replaying in my head, all I can say is thank god for Summer because chances of me going back to the barn would be slim to none.

I have a VERY special photo to share with you all! I contacted Robins "mom" Katy Ory to see if she could put my mother and I's vision on paper. My mom and I picture Rue with the biggest set of white fluffy wings and bouncing through the forest, I gave the most brief description to Katy regarding our imagination. I sent her a handful of favorite photos of our Rue and told her to use whatever she thought would work, this was going to be one of my moms christmas presents. I got an email from Katy late at night while I was studying for finals and when I opened it I was completely blown away. It is the most perfect thing I have ever seen, she captured Rue with the background and wings so perfectly I still get the goosebumps when I look at it. It is so bittersweet, it brings the happiest of tears as well as the most sad. But to have this forever is just amazing. Not only was this for my mom Katy made this as a gift to myself as well when I asked her for it. Oh and there was no way I could have waited to show my mom, so now it will just be framed nicely for her
default_smile.png

Summer is a whole other story..... She knew Rue was gone when I arrived and has been different ever since. Very painful to see, but she has been so comforting. She had a hard time going back into the barn on Sunday and now has what I would call separation anxiety. I can't even leave the gate when she is put in her paddock, she throws a tantrum and will do the exact figure 8 Rue used to do and paw the gate until I have her clipped on her lead. VERY unlike Summer who never moved from her beloved grass. I even took her into the woods to Rue's grave and she never once flinched, and she is terrified of everything (we think she was previously abused). I even took her on a mini trail walk because every second with her beats doing anything else and she LOVED IT! She hates going back into her stall and even left her grain the other day to be with us in the aisle. Poor girl, its really hard to see. I don't want to keep blabbing because my head still isn't 100% there..... Her tummy has shrunk from behind in photos and today she rolled on just 1 side in the grass field, which I have NEVER seen her do. I also got the teeniest tiniest drop of clear liquid from one teat today. In front of her udder where the HUGE edema is I felt a hard and very pronounced thing that felt like a vein? But seemed to big, but then again I have never had a pregnant mare. So maybe someone will know what I mean? Both nipples were completely separated about an inch maybe more and pointing straight down this morning, will double check and feel again tonight when I feed.

One of the hardest things is Summer and Rue were our only 2 minis. Summer is now alone and we have been searching as fast as we can for a friend for her. Super painful because we would NEVER be looking for another animal this fast if she weren't alone, but her well being is the most important thing to us in this world. I think I have a mini gelding moving over this weekend as a temporary friend until we have a real plan on a permanent for us. I have been out of the loop and miss you all A LOT! So feel free to ask me questions so I can chat and keep up with updating and what not.

lexischase9.jpg

oh and these photos are of Summer last night

DSC_0649.JPG

DSC_0645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!! That picture is just perfection and brought tears to my eyes as I looked at it. It captures her spirit and something else that is so special that I just cant put a name to it? What an amazing gift for you and your Mum.

Summer is looking great! I would think carefully about finding another companion for her right now. Very soon she is going to have her own little one to look after and when that happens, she might not want to have anything to do with a new friend. Finding a temporary companion would be good, but I dont suggest a gelding - another mare maybe - or you could just go on as you are, taking her out for walks, sharing some together time, grooming and fussing her or simply just sitting with her while she is out grazing. But you know Summer and must do what you think is best for her.

((((HUGS))))

I am so glad that I was able to come up with a nice manipulation for you
default_smile.png
I was saddened to hear of Rue's passing, and I am happy that I was able to bring a smile to you guys' faces!

Thank you everyone!!! The gelding will never be turned out with her! Just another friend and pony face for Summer so she isn't alone when we aren't there! I am bummed he isn't a mare or filly but he is only a temporary companion, then I will be searching for a permanent girl. Is it strange that her tummy is "disappearing" from behind???

Katy I cannot thank you enough!!!!!!!!

These 2 photos are from about an hour ago and the other is Summer on her trail walk the other day
default_smile.png

DSC_0632.JPG

DSC_0631.jpg

154493_10151371372333478_1073129713_n.jpg

Its a beautiful picture but must admit that i am having a hard time looking at it as i too have lost a very important horse recantly and it is just too painful, I picture my guy with those wings and I just start bawling like a baby. I hope Summer has a perfect little filly that can help fill the void for you. Babies always seem to make things better, you just cant help but smile and laugh with them.

{{{huuuuug}}} from us as well. I can't imagine how you feel, so it is very difficult to know what to say, it felt like a slap to my soul when I read about Rue's passing and she's not even mine....please know I've kept you in my prayers, and hope you will keep your great memories of "our" little Rue. So nice that you have that beautiful memorial to hang in sight...again, my condolences...Julie

That is the most beautiful picture of little Rue, such a special girl

Miss you ALL! I am currently fundraising for a mini mare that is owned by a kill buyer, to save her in honor of Rue! Everyone please pray and cross fingers that I can raise the money in time!

Latest posts

Back