Can I use my regular Easy Entry cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone. :saludando: I was wondering if I could use my regular easy entry for trails? or are they not

to hold up to that

Whenever we bring ours out driving on the trails, we always use the Easy Entry Cart. It has held up great and I've even crashed it 1 or 2 times and besides a few scuffs of the seat, it's in good shape! Ours is probably 7 years old now and has been in the show ring when we first started in the Mini's before we bought the Jerald show carts, out on the trails,etc. I have found them to be quite durable!

Jen

Oh my, the things we have done to our Easy Entry cart over the years!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

The cart will hold up just fine--the biggest problem is the tires. I can't tell you how we have flattened. 2 things you can do--put in a thorn strip between the tube and the tire, or, better yet, take out the tube and replace it with a "No Flat" tube (available through the folks at Frontier or your local Wal Mart.

SunriseRidgeDT111photobucket.jpg

That's what they're for!
default_yes.gif
: Put some No-More Flats inserts in your wheels, use breeching, and you're good to go.
default_thumbup.gif
:

Leia

Hey thanks to all of you!! That's great news. Now what exactly are these No-More flat inserts? Same as the flatless tube? Who would put them in for me? LOL can you tell Im just learning about this carting stuff? L

That's what they're for!
default_yes.gif
: Put some No-More Flats inserts in your wheels, use breeching, and you're good to go.
default_thumbup.gif
:

Leia

Oh gosh, if my mom knew half the places I took my easy entry over the years she would have made me wear bubble wrap when I left the house with a harness in my hands. They're pretty sturdy and take a beating.

Oh my gosh, I used to go EVERYwhere with mine- probably places I am sure it was not supposed to!! Sometimes I would have to get out and walk him through spots that were just too rough to drive with a person in it, to get back to the driving areas. We have lots of hills, rocks and cactus here, along with brush and trees and all kinds of terrain. My cart is now 10 years old, going on 11 and still going strong!!

Put some No-More Flats inserts in your wheels, use breeching,
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

I don't have no-flats, but I do carry a patch kit, and a small bicycle pump with me. I also changed to the nylon BMX wheels, so I don't have to worry about catching things in my spokes or loosening them.

I treat my easy entries like ATV's...we go everywherre with them.

In this picture, you can see the type of wheel I'm talking about.

Crackers03.jpg

Estelle said:
Hey thanks to all of you!! That's great news. Now what exactly are these No-More flat inserts? Same as the flatless tube? Who would put them in for me? LOL can you tell Im just learning about this carting stuff?
I just found out the answers to those questions the hard way.
default_rolleyes.gif
: For the first time in two years of hard use on marathon courses my wheel went flat on a gravel driveway of all places after a lesson. I wish I'd known I could get the tubes at Walmart, I waited weeks trying to find the No-Flat tubes on the internet. Finally found them and ordered them for $19.95 each from American Cart and Harness (www.horsecart.com) in Grant's Pass, OR, and they were on my doorstep within days. VERY prompt shipping.
default_yes.gif
:

They came with instructions but I'm clueless about tires and I was like "Remove inserts? Tire beads? What the heck??" My dad however gamely plowed in and it seems that tires aren't, as I naively assumed, one piece with air on the inside and tread on the outside. There's an tube with air in it between the tire (the tread) and the metal rim. So you get the tire off by following the instructions, take out the air insert and put in the solid insert. Then you use a couple of screwdrivers as prybars and get the tire tucked back into the rim and voila! No More Flat tires! LOL.

I have yet to put them to the test but with one exception I've heard good things about them from people in much harsher climes than mine. It will be nice not to worry that one flat tire (and having no patch kit or spare wheel around) will eliminate me from the next competition. It's scary not knowing how things work or how to fix them!

Leia

Latest posts

Back