Cricket cart from Pattys Pony Place

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Irland

Reaction score
Looking for a new cart that is true easy entry. The Cricket cart from Pattys Pony Place has caught my eye and I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with one, owns one, or has tried one out. Thank you!

Last edited:
Patty had formerly been a member of our forum but decided not to participate anymore. She's actually local to me. I have not purchased her vehicles because I feel I've found good value on safely made vehicles for less cost. However, that being said, I sure do like the look of them! And I do have a mini sled (otter sled with shafts) made by Kelly (Patty's other half) and it's fantastic craftsmanship. Very strong and stable.
Where are you located @Karen Irland?

Patty had formerly been a member of our forum but decided not to participate anymore. She's actually local to me. I have not purchased her vehicles because I feel I've found good value on safely made vehicles for less cost. However, that being said, I sure do like the look of them! And I do have a mini sled (otter sled with shafts) made by Kelly (Patty's other half) and it's fantastic craftsmanship. Very strong and stable.
Where are you located @Karen Irland?
Thanks for replying! I am in Edmonds, WA. (North of Seattle about 30 minutes)
I do like the safety features on the Cricket, which got me interested. I have a cart that I like very much, but it is not easy entry unfortunately. Can I ask which carts you currently use? TYIA!

Yes, by all means. If possible, sit in as many as you can!
I have a K-bike that Kent Mearz built for me and my donkey. It has a foot basket cause I don't like the actual bike format.
We have an easy entry cart - it's small pony/Shetland size, not mini so it's a hair wide between the shafts for our girl but it's far more stable. I expect to be selling it to upgrade in a couple of years.
The hackney will be going in a cart built by BP Voiture Carriages in Quebec. I've tried a couple of these carts out and really like them. They're aluminum so super light but very stable too. I expect to upgrade the easy entry to another of this type eventually.

You might want to check out other cart manufacturers. I do not have the Cricket, but did purchase an otter sled shaft set from PPP and the transaction did not go as planned.

You might want to check out other cart manufacturers. I do not have the Cricket, but did purchase an otter sled shaft set from PPP and the transaction did not go as planned.
Thanks for the feedback.

I had a cart on order for 6 months and had to ask for a refund as it hadn't even been started yet. I can't speak to the value/workmanship as I never received my cart but the transaction and communication had much room for imporovement.

Latest posts

Back