Area I National Show in Nammondsport, NY

• Thread starter macy--red carpet minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well hey i might just take you up on that Karla! I probably will only bring 3 of the 5. I'm keeping one and I think i have the other sold so i'll just bring those three .. I just worry about leaving them alone when i go into classes or stuff. I have never heard of much theft there but you just never know! lol

Boinky--do they have leashes? Can we take them to the stands so we can watch you compete and play with puppies?
default_smile.png

Amanda--I was going to try and leave my camera home
default_new_shocked.gif
...but we can talk.
default_yes.gif

Yayy! Can't wait to see you and Kennedy again, Karla.

I'm fighting a nasty bug/flu thing, hopefully it will be gone before I leave tomorrow. I tried clipping the horses yesterday but ended up just leaving their legs and heads long because I couldn't stand it anymore haha. I'll be doing that tomorrow night.

If you see me, don't be afraid to say hi!! I am going to be with a tall blonde (my mom) roughing it in a tent haha

Amanda Butch will miss you, he has put on a few pounds this winter and he is 18 monthe old. So I can say he is a juvenile jerk! But I do take him everywhere I can.

I will miss you at state fair also, we are only taking 2 horses to fair.

Heidi

well they aren't leash trained..LOL but no time like the present to start them! they certainly could go in the stands with you. they love to be held and loved on and sacked around so would probably LOVE the whole atmosphere of people playing with them. I'll dig around for some leashes and collars for them if i bring them and will have an X-pen to put them in when no one wants to hold them.

Oh gosh is Kennedy going to be excited when I tell her there will be puppies to love on too!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I'll find you, Jess!!
default_smile.png

I'm getting more and more excited.
default_new_multi.gif

Boinky--Is Jenn coming?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep Jen is coming (she's driving/hauling horses down). I'm actually not taking any of my own horses this time around but will be showing a couple of hers in driving (maybe halter not sure yet) and tracy's stallion link.

I will be there Saturday and Sunday and I plan on bringing a red male long hair miniature dachshund puppy that needs a new home in case anyone is looking. Last week I took him to a Library book sale and he was such a good boy for the first time he saw more than two people at once :). I will have a three year old mare and a yearling filly with Amber Reid and really look forward to seeing some old friends.

For those of you have been there before, will there be vendors there? I live about 35 miles away and am looking forward to going to watch everyone show, with or without vendors
default_smile.png

But it would be great to be able to look at and maybe make a purchase of the "small" stuff. It is tough to find around here. I usually order online but like everyone else I would prefer to touch it and eyeball it first.

We didn't go to Area I last year but the year before Double Diamond Tack was there.

Going to clip Freedom right now... and hoping she will be good!

I don't know everyone but I am easy to find - I will have the fattest pinto A minis in the halter obstacle and hunter/jumper classes, wear glasses and have reddish hair. Despite our exercise and diet regimen, the pounds are not transforming on Freedom so we have another appointment with the vet next week for more bloodwork. The same is going for me (bloodwork on Monday) - exercise and diet are not working so I understand how Freedom feels. Pass a plate of food....
default_laugh.png

On Sunday I will have my Modern Pleasure filly showing.

Have a safe trip and we will hopefully meet lots of folks this weekend!

Denise

I mentioned puppies to Kennedy tonight--and I don't think she's going to get much sleep.

It's hard to sleep when one is
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif

I wanted to add--if another sees a beautiful blonde 12 year old--with a middle aged lady--it's probably us--please say hi if I don't recognize you! We'll be in the stands and walking everywhere.

I'm back from Area 1--for the first day. It was lightly attended. Rats. I took pictures of Jess P, Mercy's Mom and I got a few of Heidi's daughter... I'll email them the photos to share as they wish. It's tough to get them in low light without a flash--so some are blurry--but I think they'll like them anyway.

I didn't see Fred, Boinky, Enchantress, or Tracy there yet... hopefully Sunday.

edited to add...Hope to see you there too, Deb.

I'll be going in the morning, taking some stone ponies. Fred aka Linda said she'd be there tonite and will be driving Sunday. It'll be nice to see folks I haven't seen in two years! Goodness! So long. I'll be the long gray haired lady in the cranberry skirt..too hot for pants!

THANK YOU so much to Karla (Barnbum) and Kennedy for their help today - I could not have done what Mercy, Freedom and I did without their great help and company!!!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I give them the championship for best help, especially when I was changing back and forth from Freedom to Mercy...in the same class:FirstPrize

Mercy was very good for me and she was very happy to be showing. She loves showing at Horseheads, even in the heat. My goal was to get a blue in any Halter Obstacle class at Area One as that has always been out of reach. She earned it in the Amateur Halter Obstacle class. She also decided it was a great time to go in season and was trying to get the phone number of a horse stabled on the aisle next to her. :DOH! When Karla was watching her, Mercy then was flirting with a stallion who was waiting for his turn to jump. Luckily he was not interested.

My other goal was to get Freedom into the jumping ring and actually jump a fence before getting DQ'ed (for a number of years I could not even get her in the ring - we would get DQ'ed at the entry cones) and she did much better with a few more years under her belt to mature... she actually completed all the courses she was entered in and was looking very pleased with herself, even giving a little head toss and kick of her heels! She earned her first hunter (4th) and jumper ribbons (3rd & 4th) today. Mercy had 4 blues and a fourth (Open Halter obstacle - she decided she wanted to jump and jumped over the trotting poles!).

I have to load the pictures Karla took then I can post them.

Got to meet Jess P. and Zeus - he is adorable and really went well for her!
default_aktion033.gif

We are off tomorrow (home chores) and then Nefertiti and I go back on Sunday to show and Mercy will go as her babysitter. Neffie was mad that she did not get to go today - she took the thermometer off the wall, destroyed it and put the pieces in her water bucket - it was a dial thermometer so I had that to clean up when we got back.

Denise

Deb I hope to se you there!
default_saludando.gif

I just came home tonight and I left my mom and Madison there.

Jamie and I will be back Saturday afternoon and I will stay till Sunday.

I left today at 1:00 pm and Linda had not arrived yet.

Denise I will see you on Sunday
default_wub.png

Heidi

Latest posts

Back