Area I National Show in Nammondsport, NY

• Thread starter macy--red carpet minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Truck is packed, Neffie is clean and braided, Mercy has had Bath #3 and we roll out tomorrow AM.

Neffie is in the first class in the morning...she let me clip her muzzle and bridle path without fussing... seems like the girls were all talking among themselves and she was a lot calmer tonight!

I am still flying high about getting Freedom to jump - not that she won anything noteworthy but I always measure my success by how my horse performs for me at that moment and it is a bonus if the judge likes our performance. It has been a long struggle of trying to get her in the ring and not freaking out at the jumps. Yesterday she got it and I let her know how pleased I was with her effort. She has always been a very nervous horse and I am so glad she wanted to work with me and perform and have fun doing it!

Mercy will be painting as a demo at some point during the day. She paints with her nose to raise funds for various groups (most recently the Humane Society at Lollypop Farm and the Wayne County Humane Society. We sold all her works at the Wayne County event - had we had more paint and paper, I am sure we could have done more). She will be a good babysitter for Nefertiti and I am sure she still wants to get the phone number of the stallion on the other side of the wall....
default_new_shocked.gif

I also have purple ribbons and pins to bring down in support of Linda....
default_yes.gif

See you in Horseheads... look for the Modern Pleasure filly or the plump pinto mare who paints & gives kisses.

Denise

Has anyone seen and talked to Linda and her famly. How is she doing and how is Paul holding up? Wish I could be there to help her out. If anyone has an extra camera and is watching her and Fred in driving can they take pictures and post them here. Thanks

Linda looks beautiful, her husband a rock, Courtney adorable as ever. They enjoyed the showing of the weanling colt Max, and he kicked good butt. Gorgeous little spunk he is. Then she had a lay down and rest, something organic to eat and I had to leave. I will let her know when I return today you ask for her.

Thanks Sage for the update. Linda is a great friend and we all hate seeing her go through. Paul is a great husband. Glad to hear that Max kick butt. I have my bred to Fred for next year and hoping for a another great driving horse like Fred.

Thanks for the update regarding Linda at the show. Glad to hear she is doing well. I am sure she is totally enjoying herself and appreciating every single moment with her horses, family & friends. Please do let us know how she places and send plenty of pictures.

Our mare, Cami, was bred by Fred too. She has an ultrasound this Friday. We are keeping our fingers crossed!

Sue

I got 15 photos of Linda driving and Courtney showing halter. I sent them to Linda--I don't want to post without her permission. The driving ones are not as clear--she insists on moving so fast!
default_wink.png
And there's low light. But there's one awesome one.

Fred was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What action he has!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Linda was tired--they moved two driving classes up so she could start for home before lunch. But she is determined.
default_yes.gif

Wow--would I love to have a mare bred to Fred! Please post photos of those foals when they come!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I only got to see Linda for a few minutes during the show. We are all rooting for her and her family!

Karl it was so good to see you and Kennedy!

Our show went fairly well. Link (bit-o blue's) stallion got a championship in the Country Pleasure Stake calss which was awesome.

Tracy's broodmare got a 1st in her halter class.

Jen's other green driving horses, although didn't place high did AWESOME considering their very short lifespan in harness... our only goal was to get them in the ring and get them exposed to it all and nothing more.

Boinky, wish we got to meet you... I was dealing with the "Neferbrat" on Sunday!

Denise

Seems I missed alot of folks I would've liked to have said hi to! But I was with Linda earlier then planted my buns by the grandstand with the pretties. :DOH!

Latest posts

Back