Anyone tried the "Ahh Bra" or "Genie Bra"?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got home from helping my parents with something this afternoon, there was a box on the porch!!! BUT, it turned out it was something else I'd ordered
default_sad.png
Maybe Monday!!!

WTH? Doesn't the delivery guy know like 45 people are waiting on this dang delivery???

WELL, the delivery guy brought me new "Barbie Hair"
default_smile.png
While I think lots of people would love it if they tried it, it's not as readily acceptable as a new bra. I bet the genie bras will be here tomorrow
default_pray.gif

Jill, what the heck (almost afraid to ask) is Barbie Hair?

WELL, the delivery guy brought me new "Barbie Hair"
default_smile.png
While I think lots of people would love it if they tried it, it's not as readily acceptable as a new bra. I bet the genie bras will be here tomorrow
default_pray.gif

Yes, inquiring minds want to know...........
default_unsure.png

I have a passion for wigs
default_biggrin.png
... I've been wearing them for lots of years now and don't go out in public w/o one. Never liked my own hair (thin and fine, wouldn't hold a curl, etc.) and this way, I can have any style and any color I want. Plus, it cuts down the time it takes me to get ready (shower, make up, dressed and hair) to 20 minutes if really rushing
default_yes.gif
I get compliments all the time and don't think anyone would guess if not for my desire to change it up so frequently
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well??? Then show us the HAIR!
default_laugh.png

Don't be a hair tease Jill!

I'm just giving up all my secrets lately
blush2.gif
I haven't sewn clips into my new one yet, but once I do, I would bet me in it is destined to be my next FB profile picture
default_yes.gif
I'm betting none of you have seen me or pictures of me where I was not "wigged out"
default_laugh.png

Wig, wig, wig, wig... some of them -- just not the newest. Not hard to see I'm no model, but this is how I looked when I got my pictures took (in various wigs)... I don't know if anyone else here gets frustrated with their hair like I used to, but this solved it for me and I really like wigs (I have probably 2 dozen). And DON'T WORRY! I will not subject anyone to pictures of me sporting the genie bras
default_biggrin.png

Jill--11102010.jpg

Jill---040910-3as.jpg

Jill---07212010---smaller.jpg

Jill--102010.jpg

Jill---08122010-2a-small.jpg

Jill-2010.jpg

Ooh a wig fashion show!
default_aktion033.gif

But what a does a "Barbie hair" look like?

Ooh a wig fashion show!
default_aktion033.gif

But what a does a "Barbie hair" look like?
I just call them all "barbie hair" because I like synthetic wigs vs. human hair wigs. I don't like the idea of wearing another person's hair, plus the synthetic wigs are SO easy to take care of. After you wash them, they go back to whatever their style is, including any curls, etc. I love them! Life changing for me because I used to get so frustrated trying to make my own hair look the way I wanted and spend an hour or more in the daily attempt (and was not ever pleased with the results).

Jill, are those full wigs? They look so real........they have to be real human hair, right? You remind me of clients I used to have and every time I called on that account I couldn't figure out who was who. They would go from black to red hair........straight to curly every week. I think they did it just to see my reaction. Anyways, they are neat but have you tried hair extensions? There is a salon in my town that does the extensions and they look beautiful. I may get brave and try them someday.
default_yes.gif
Way back in the day, I wore a clip on hair thing but found it embarrassing when it fell off while riding my horse.
default_laugh.png

Yes, they're full wigs, but they're all synthetic, not real human hair. I like the synthetic wigs MUCH better. They keep their style and curls when washed, but human hair wigs have to be reset, curled, etc. I never tried extensions, but my mom did a long time ago and had a really bad experience. I don't think I'd want to deal with maintaining extensions when the wigs are SO easy and light weight. I sew little (1" or so) metal comb clips on either side and the back of mine. They could never fall off. I can shake my head, ride or drive horses, jump all around, etc. They won't go anywhere and the kind I buy are light weight and cool (as in not hot on my head).

You know, I was just thinking what next? Maybe I can tell you all about my Spanx? My favorite blemish cover stick? What I like to wear to bed? My favorite foods that would gross most people out? Or ... I don't know but give me time and I'm sure there are more ways I could find to out myself and make fun of me
default_biggrin.png
But, again, I promise no bra photos!!!

ROTFL.... Ok, there might be some secrets you want to keep, hahahahaha

Jill, you are cracking me up! I never would have guessed, but then I got to wondering how many women around me are wearing Barbie Hair and I'd never know?

I think it is about time for a show...of the wigs! Not Wonder Bras or other under garments!
default_smile.png

I just love them. I kind of grew up around them because my mom is also a fan... but I converted her to the (nicer quality) synthetic wigs. She used to only buy human hair wigs and had some that cost $3,000 +. Now she likes these < $300 or so ones I love
default_smile.png
Now anytime I see someone with really pretty hair, I wonder if they're also wearing a wig
default_biggrin.png
They're just so easy and you can try so many styles and colors. When I first started buying them for myself, I went to a high end boutique that helped me pick some out, etc. Now I know what I like and order online. They're awesome IMO
default_yes.gif
The newer ones I got are more of a honey blonde w/ lighter blonde hight lights and lighter blonde like some of the ones pictures. I bought two in each shade (four of the same style). They're longer than the ones I usually wear and frame my face really nicely. I am crazy about this new style
default_smile.png
They were on sale and I wanted to have plenty because after awhile, they get frayed ends and I throw them away (2-3+ years because I take good care of them, rotate them with other wigs, and am easy on them). The icing on the cake is these new wigs are the least I've ever spent on a wig and I am crazy about them.

The way I see it, most women wear make up, lots of women have fake boobs, so this isn't really any different and I think they're a lot lower maintenance and more flexible than extensions
default_yes.gif

I used to wear wigs in high school. My sister had a very lovely fall (goes on the back of your head) and it matched her hair perfectly. She had long flowing hair with none of the trouble. I sometimes wish I could take my hair off at night. It tangles so bad but I do not look good in short hair.

My mom used to have falls, but that was before my time. So, I've never tried one of those. I do have some clip on pony tails but haven't worn them in years. About six years ago, I had tried on one of my mom's very expensive wigs and couldn't get over how nice I thought it looked on me (made such a huge difference in how I felt about myself). The next day, I got H to take me to the boutique (Bravadas) that sold wigs to my mom and they had synthetic wigs too... I ended up buying two from them and the rest is history. They make such a difference. Now, even if I had great hair (I don't), I think I'd still wear wigs. It's just so easy and it's fun to have so many different styles. But for someone like me that was never happy with her own hair no matter what she tried, I swear, they're kind of life changing. I'm sort of hoping someone reading might be in the spot I used to be... or if someone is going through chemo of something else that has caused hair issues... wigs are so nice to have
default_smile.png

AND now for the bad news. The mail carrier has come and gone but has not bestowed any Genie Bras to me today. Maybe tomorrow?
default_yes.gif

I always wondered about people wearing wigs too. I used to work with a girl who wore a wig but it was very nasy looking in that it was very dry and looked like she used a ton (agua net) of hairspray on it. I have very fine hair too but never thought about a wig. You look really nice Jill.

BTW I have had my AHH bra for about three weeks and they are really comfy so I am glad I bought them. Hope your genie bras come soon!

Latest posts

Back