Anyone ever gone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPfrosty

Reaction score
I think that instead of going to Senior week next year that I'm going to get some friends together and o backpacking through Europe. I think it would be such an awesome experience and it's something I've always wanted to do. Has anyone done this and if so, where did your go, how long, ect.?

I've never gone backpacking, but last summer I went 'boating' through Frances canals. I went for a month, started off in a little town, and made my way up to Paris. It's lovely scenery, and there were paths beside the canal the whole way so you could ride a bike/walk beside the boat. I would highly recommend backpacking through France. :aktion033:

I backpacked with a friend right after college - we took 2 months off and went all across Europe - it is a LOT of fun!!! You can buy a train pass that will take you just about anywhere you want to go, and there are plenty of youth hostels in almost every major city. Our stops included London, Paris, Nice, Cannes, Brussels, Rome, Florence...and many, many stops in between.

Hope you get to chance to do it - it's a once in a lifetime experience!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

A few years ago I went on a river cruise , started in Vienne, went through Germany and ended in Amsterdam. Along the river there was a very beautifull and scenic road. I would really love to go back and take that road on motorcycles. There were a lot of bike riders as well.

Make sure you look into hostels etc, they are a cheap place to stay.

Get a Euro-Pass Train ticket and check out publications for Hostel locations. Do NOT go by yourself.

Make sure you have your passport up to date and what visas you need. You are doing something I wanted to do when I was in college.....Instead I graduated and got married! :lol:

And then a few years after getting married we both went to England and Germany for 6 weeks. We didn't backpack. What we did was get a publication of Farm Bed & Breakfasts, rented a tiny cheap rental car in England and started driving. We spent 4 weeks of Heaven in England. We did the same thing in Germany for the last 2 weeks. We made some "forever" memories doing that trip and it was amazingly inexpensive.

Oh, by using the B&B's we got HUGE breakfasts, then ate a mid to late afternoon supper at various Pubs, and we were good for our meals.......much cheaper that way.

MA

Latest posts

Back