Animal Communication

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you have time to "talk" to Winston (shih-tzu I posted), I'd love to know
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

"HGFarm-Bullwinkle: This guy is soo gorgeous and neat looking. Is he an actual breed, or just a mix?

I see something about him playing in a fish pond, with fish colored like his eyes. Maybe also something about a colored bird, it's yellow? He really likes bright colors. Can be a bit standoffish like a typical cat stereotype. Only tolerates attention when he wants it. Something about Pez candies, and Ronald Reagan. Someone watches the history channel and he watches too. His favorite food is a special "fancy food". Maybe not his regular food, but a special treat, and it comes in a pouch? Also something about him in a santa hat and he was not happy. Also something about him chewing up toothbrushes, and he gets scolded for that."

Thanks- Bullwinkle is a Manx (the cats with no or short tails) I have a fish tank- no pond, with a blue gourami in it like his eye color and also had some of the fancy guppies with the pretty colors. He probably likes bright colors and may seem standoffish because Bullwinkle is deaf.

Hahaha, that would be me that watches history or discovery channels, and he does love the treats that come in a pouch from Iams (but since the recall messes it's no longer made) Hmm, no Santa hat. Maybe he is tattling on some else over toothbrushes that has yet to be discovered? Ew! LOL, Pez candies and Ronald Reagan?? Oh dear, I dont know!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much on booger...

hrselady- I'm sorry but I can't seem to connect to the pictures of Candy and Pete. I think their eyes are just too far away from the camera. If you want to post headshots of them, I'd be happy to try again.

Booger: I got that he is very wise and obedient. He sits when he wants something/he's begging. Does he compete in obedience. I get that he is very good at "tricks". Everyone thinks he's means and grumpy on first impression? But that the's really not, and he likes to put his head on peoples laps.

SOOO true!! He loves to learn tricks and loves "his" family so much!! He doesn't realize that he's not a "puppy" anymore. He barks frantically at people when they drive up and even when they get out.. but once we're there with him, he runs up and sits for them to pet him. Doesn't compete in obedience, but only because he seems to forget EVERYTHING when there are other dogs around..

Here's a headshot of candy and pete.. candy is kinda hard to get a pic of because of her blue eyes..

100_2244.jpg

S7300230-1.jpg

Candy I think may have been passed around alot or either neglected.. she was VERY shy when we first got her but now she's a doll.. just anything to help her know she's home for good. Fav. colors.. etc.

and here's pete!!

S7300253.jpg

He seems to have had some bad relationships with people but does try really really hard to please.. anything that I can find out about him would be great.. kinda help him to know we are not going to hurt him but help make him happy

I haven't skipped you, I'm still on page three.
default_wink.png
: :bgrin I think it may seem like that as I was responding to others.
default_smile.png

I promise to try everyone, I'm just moving very slowly, I apologize to the mods for this thread taking up so much space for so long.

I haven't skipped you, I'm still on page three.
default_wink.png
: :bgrin I think it may seem like that as I was responding to others.
default_smile.png

I promise to try everyone, I'm just moving very slowly, I apologize to the mods for this thread taking up so much space for so long.

(((hug))) thank you for doing this, it is bringing so much enjoyment to so many of us. I really enjoy reading what you have to say about others and seeing their feedback on what you have to say.

i've been dying to get in on this and finally have time to post some pictures... i'll try to be patient as i know there are still quite a few ahead of me
default_wink.png
:

Darci

P5090110.jpg

Paint Mare (yes that's her name and it was NOT my idea!!)

heart.jpg

Taffy Jo

DSCF0119.jpg

Luna

P1010285.jpg

Wiley (both sides)

P1010133.jpg

P1010134.jpg

New Mini Owner: Kassie is so beautiful
default_wub.png
: What is her color considered? The bit of marbling in her eye is really neat, do you know what color her parents were?

Kassie: I told how beautiful she was and I seemed to get that she is very humble, not arrogant at all. Seems very sweet and innocent and likes to help her people. Does someone maybe come and sit with her when they are upset? If they do, I got that she likes to listen and make them feel better.

Again, thank-you everyone
default_smile.png
I will get to everyone, I'm just moving a little slow.

Thank you so much for doing this for my Kassie! You got her right!
default_wink.png
: She's humble and usually behaves herself, loves to please people, gets upset when she can't figure out what someone is asking her to do, always makes me feel better when I'm upset about anything, I just pull up a wooden stool and sit in her stall, she lets me stroke her face and just stands with me.
default_wub.png
:

Her mother is a black & white pinto w/ 1 or 2 blue eyes. Her sire is a gray. As for her color, I was wondering myself, she's a registered bay, but it's very unique. She is also devolping the first spots of lacing on her back, her dam and graddam have lacing too. She's a horse of many colors!
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin

Ohh Ohh Ohhh. Please could you read a few for me :bgrin ?

DSCF0147.jpg

MayTeddy2.jpg

Sun7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this is rather interresting. You say you like eyes??

This is my moms gelding Aquarious. I am currently writing a book about him.

763758b9.jpg

6b594173.jpg

441acb05.jpg

Hiawatha came to live with us just last December. She is 7 years old.

007_18A.jpg

Kegan/ Imagine That

006_19A.jpg

My best guinea pig Simon who left me in Feb. :no:

DSCF0099.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

Lol I had to hold myself back from doing more
default_rolleyes.gif
:

hrselady:

Candy- I tried to read her two different times as it is hard for me to connect with her. It's not that she won't talk, just some are hard for me to connect with. I get that she's sweet and patient? It seems that her past was a bit confusing for her, or something she'd rather not talk about, maybe she's sort of blocked it out? I don't think it was that "bad" it's just something she'd rather not discuss.

Pete- I don't know why, but he seems like he would be the cutest little driving horse. :bgrin I'm getting a little bit of a defensive personality from him? A bit self-protective. That he had to deal with idiots before and now he doesn't tolerate stupidity? Did he come to you with a reputation for being "nasty"? I got that with you he isn't going to act this way, but if he ever went to someone "stupid" he would not hesitate to defend himself and become "nasty" again.

Lil' Horse Lover:

Spirit- I think because the picture is him of a foal, I'm still getting a very foalish personality from him. I don't know how old he is now, but does he still follow his mom around? He just seems really carefree and doesn't take anything serious?

Cherry- I got that she is very sweet? Does she have some sort of breathing problems? I don't know why but I just got her breathing a little heavily. Was she just a broodmare at a very large farm in the past? Where they weren't really "horses" they were just there to churn out foals? I'm getting a colored stallion for some reason? There might have been some "bad" things in the past, but she is very reserved and won't talk about them?

Stormy- He seems very sweet. Does he have the "puppy dog" personality? Does he follow someone around? If he is ridden, I got that he loves it, and likes to go fast, but that he slows down as soon as you ask?

Rowdy- He is so cute. Is he a all around western horse? I might just be picking that up from his looks. I'm not sure exactly what he does, I'm getting a little bit of everything? Cows, barrels, poles, as well as trails, and maybe jumps a litte bit during trails, over a log or something?

Princess- Did her and Cherry come from the same place, or are they related? They seem to have the same personality and in their pasts. Although Princess is a little more forward and outgoing?

Kowboy- I have a bit of trouble reading blue eyed horses, I have no idea why. Is he really outgoing and curious? A little bit of a know it all? Thinks he knows more than his person, but then gets himself in too deep because of it and comes skimpering back and wants his person to tell him what to do?

MiniHGal:

The first guy I didn't know his name, so I called him "Chipper." He didn't really want to talk, didn't seem like the kind to tolerate it much. I don't know if he remembers you, I couldn't get much of anything from him.

I called her "Caty." I can see why you thought she wouldn't talk, she seems sooo serious. I asked her what she likes to do, and she said paw the ground? She takes everything really seriously? If she was a person she seems like she would be some uptight buisness woman.

I called him "T." I have a horse that looks similar so I don't know who I picked up more on. I didn't get dominant in a sort of aggressive way. He trys to dominate you very slyly? Like he'll push into and try to invade your space. I'm not sure about his back? Did he have a saddle that didn't fit well over his withers, or pulled something near his hips? Does he do Dressage? What breed is he? I asked him but I think I'm completely wrong as I got a TB, or a Draft cross? He's gorgeous whatever he is.

JumpinJackFarm: No, Barny was not giving me a hard time
default_wink.png
:

Barny- He seems like a very neat cat. Very wise, and doesn't mind being alone, but likes attention? I got that he just left from the home before he was found in the barn. They weren't horrible or anything, they just weren't "special" and he just decided to leave. I got that he is a bit of a wandering soul, and if he was a human he would be one of those that is always traveling around. He likes to lounge around?

Warpony: I'm sorry, but I can't seem to connect very well to yours
default_sad.png

Jamie- I got that Jamie is very sweet, and likes to watch everything that goes on. She likes her carrots, and seems very simple and happy, not hard to please?

Nigel- It was really hard for me to read him, I think his looks just throw me off, as well as he probably isn't that open to someone who thinks he looks "different." He seems sweet, but is he a little insecure?

Sparrow- He's very young and playful? A bit silly. Likes to toss things around?

Thank-you all for being so patient, I am trying to work my way through.
default_smile.png

JumpinJackFarm: No, Barny was not giving me a hard time
default_wink.png
:

Barny- He seems like a very neat cat. Very wise, and doesn't mind being alone, but likes attention? I got that he just left from the home before he was found in the barn. They weren't horrible or anything, they just weren't "special" and he just decided to leave. I got that he is a bit of a wandering soul, and if he was a human he would be one of those that is always traveling around. He likes to lounge around?
[SIZE=12pt]Oh my ... you really have a gift. Barny was found in a barn as a kitten 15+ years ago and we rescued him a year ago after he was abandoned . He had been living all these years in a cabin in the middle of no where. He had to have been very wise to survive the wild creatures that lived in the woods just outside his home. He has been alone much of his life as his previous owner found his way home every now & then.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It's funny about his "wandering soul" this really got to me because in the beginning after we got him ... and when we let him outside he would just start walking down our road. As soon as his paws would hit the outside he wanted to be gone.( I am sure he was trying to find that cabin in the woods) Thankfully I don't have to worry about that anymore...infact he is outside right now sunning himself on what little sun we are getting today. He'll be with us for the rest of his life and yes he likes any piece of attention he can get...he is such a love
default_wub.png
: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks so much
default_yes.gif
: I would love to stroll through a Zoo with you
default_wink.png
: [/SIZE]

heart k ranch:

Bailey- This guy seems sooo neat. He trys his heart out to please you? Have you done any groundwork "training" with him. I get that it will be a piece of cake to start him undersaddle, or do anything sort of training with him. Very easy. That he will only be "bad" if he doesn't understand something. I asked him about being gelded and got that he really didn't care. It didn't make a difference to him. Also, that if stayed a stallion, he probably wouldn't have been that "into" breeding.

LowriseMinis:

Marlowe- I love her name
default_smile.png
Was it a play on Merlow wine? She seems so cute. Maybe a bit yappy, like when she wants attention, or to play? Very wise, but has a young/fun personality?

Chandab:

Honey- It's a bit hard to read her. She's sweet to those she knows, but not friendly to strangers? She has become guarded/hardened emotionally because of past? It takes alot to get her to come out of her shell and trust, but she does eventually?

Bob- I can't see his eyes, but I'm just getting what you would think of as "typical kitten" personality. Very playful, full of energy, and trouble.
default_smile.png

Blue- He's hard to read with the glare, and for some reason my computer refuses to fix glare from animal pictures.
default_wacko.png
: Is he a bit shy? That Bob "attacks" him a lot? Blue is very much the more mature and sophisticated one, although he is younger?

rhea:

KC- She seems very sweet and docile? Trys soo hard and is really hard on herself to be perfect? Likes having a job, and takes it seriously, but not so seriously that she doesn't have fun at it.

shoebox stables:

Vic- Is he your stallion? He seems really respectful with really good manners, especially for a stallion, if he is a stallion. He is generally laid back, but likes to show off sometimes?

Arianna- Have you heard that thing that goes something like "When I am old I shall wear a red hat" or something like that. I get something like that from her. She's old, but doesn't know it? Is she around 30? But she thinks she's really young. Is the boss mare?

I asked her about when she escaped, and she said she loved it? Did she get chased back in or blocked by a tractor, or something green? I'm not really getting anything about health problems that she thinks are important. Maybe a little creaky? But that it doesn't matter to her? She thinks she's perfectly fine, and lets very little phase her?

Camelotcavs-

I called her "K." She seems really serious, although a bit timid? Does she run and hide from strangers, but then peek around, and maybe bark? Or hide behind you? Is very sweet, but very closed right now? Maybe you are trying to to get her to open up a bit? Do you want her to protect/be a guard dog? I got that is what she thinks her job is.

Camelotcavs-

I called her "K." She seems really serious, although a bit timid? Does she run and hide from strangers, but then peek around, and maybe bark? Or hide behind you? Is very sweet, but very closed right now? Maybe you are trying to to get her to open up a bit? Do you want her to protect/be a guard dog? I got that is what she thinks her job is.

Incredible job with her!!!

Her name is Karlie. She is a very intense dog but has fear aggression - no fear biting, just barking. When I first brought her home she was a year old and was terrified of everything. We went to a behaviorist who suggested that I have people ignore her because she was so afraid of them. The behaviorist also suggested that I train her to sit behind me so she can see what frightens her but still feel safe - so the hiding and peeking makes perfect sense!

Karlie has come a long ways since she first came to our home and she has been opening up with others more lately.

Karlie does guard me from everybody at this point. I have been working on getting her to understand that guarding me is NOT her job. She really does believe that is her job.

I know you are quite busy with these readings, but if you have the time I would appreciate it if you could let her know that she is not to guard me.

You did a fantastic job and read Karlie perfectly. :aktion033:

Thank you so much.

LowriseMinis:

Marlowe- I love her name
default_smile.png
Was it a play on Merlow wine? She seems so cute. Maybe a bit yappy, like when she wants attention, or to play? Very wise, but has a young/fun personality?
Actually Marlowe's named after Renaissance writer Christopher Marlowe. Quite a resemblance, yes?

dogpark4.jpg

christopher-marlowe-1-sized.jpg

Marlowe's actually a he, but he's kind of a prissy sissy-la-la..maybe he has gender identity issues?
default_wink.png
:

He's actually pretty quiet but when he does bark it is the most obnoxious high pitched yippy little bark ever. Mostly he grunts and whines if he really wants something.

He is a very serious and concerned little dog most of the time, I call him 'emo', especially since he's already got the eyeliner. He can have fun and play though, especially at home with his cat.

Warpony: I'm sorry, but I can't seem to connect very well to yours
default_sad.png

Jamie- I got that Jamie is very sweet, and likes to watch everything that goes on. She likes her carrots, and seems very simple and happy, not hard to please?

Nigel- It was really hard for me to read him, I think his looks just throw me off, as well as he probably isn't that open to someone who thinks he looks "different." He seems sweet, but is he a little insecure?

Sparrow- He's very young and playful? A bit silly. Likes to toss things around?

Well, considering that you had a hard time connecting I would say you did pretty well.

Jamie passed on last November and was a he... but he was very much a simple soul, who loved nothing more then yummies and cuddles (in that order), was always happy right until the end, and who had to be right in the middle of everything watching what I was up to. I swear sometimes I can still feel him around checking out what I am doing. I do wonder if he understands why I did what I did (having him put down), or if he even knows he is gone. I worry that he might think I did it because he did something wrong, even though I told him over and over that he was a good boy and none of this was his fault... and that if I could I would keep him with me forever. I'm just rambling now because I miss him so much.

Nigel does tend to read people well and he can tell people who look at him and think, "eh, what is that ugly thing?" lol. He usually hides behind me when he meets people like that. He is very trusting with me and people he knows well but bring in anyone new and he reverts to this submissive puppy mode. However, even with me, if he thinks he has been naughty he turns into a basket case. If I so much as look at him and speak in a scolding tone he will yipe like he is getting beat to death.

And Sparrow... he is 18 months old and as for being playful and liking to toss things around, well:

That was last spring when he was still living alone but he still loves to do that only now he grabs his toys and chases my mare around with them. LOL!

Chandab:

Honey- It's a bit hard to read her. She's sweet to those she knows, but not friendly to strangers? She has become guarded/hardened emotionally because of past? It takes alot to get her to come out of her shell and trust, but she does eventually?

Bob- I can't see his eyes, but I'm just getting what you would think of as "typical kitten" personality. Very playful, full of energy, and trouble.
default_smile.png

Blue- He's hard to read with the glare, and for some reason my computer refuses to fix glare from animal pictures.
default_wacko.png
: Is he a bit shy? That Bob "attacks" him a lot? Blue is very much the more mature and sophisticated one, although he is younger?
I've only had Honey since late-December and I think you got her pretty good. Best as I know she has been a broodmare most of her life, I bought her from a very caring person; but I don't know what her previous owners/situation was like. She has come around quite nicely to me and while she doesn't seek out attention, she doesn't run from it either. I have a regular farrier and he has a partner, I make sure the same person does her hooves and that seems to keep her relaxed.

Bob is big trouble, he is in to everything; but I've been letting him go outside some everyday and that takes care of some of his exhuberance.

Blue is quite young, but was quite sick when we first got him, so pretty sedate. He is getting healthier everyday and much more active and playful. But, still very mature for his age; must be his Siamese coming through. [When we took him to the vet about 5 weeks ago, he only weighed 1.25# at about 6 weeks old; he is now nearly 4# and looking great.]

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back