Animal Communication

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lil' Horse Lover:

Spirit- I think because the picture is him of a foal, I'm still getting a very foalish personality from him. I don't know how old he is now, but does he still follow his mom around? He just seems really carefree and doesn't take anything serious?

Cherry- I got that she is very sweet? Does she have some sort of breathing problems? I don't know why but I just got her breathing a little heavily. Was she just a broodmare at a very large farm in the past? Where they weren't really "horses" they were just there to churn out foals? I'm getting a colored stallion for some reason? There might have been some "bad" things in the past, but she is very reserved and won't talk about them?

Stormy- He seems very sweet. Does he have the "puppy dog" personality? Does he follow someone around? If he is ridden, I got that he loves it, and likes to go fast, but that he slows down as soon as you ask?

Rowdy- He is so cute. Is he a all around western horse? I might just be picking that up from his looks. I'm not sure exactly what he does, I'm getting a little bit of everything? Cows, barrels, poles, as well as trails, and maybe jumps a litte bit during trails, over a log or something?

Princess- Did her and Cherry come from the same place, or are they related? They seem to have the same personality and in their pasts. Although Princess is a little more forward and outgoing?

Kowboy- I have a bit of trouble reading blue eyed horses, I have no idea why. Is he really outgoing and curious? A little bit of a know it all? Thinks he knows more than his person, but then gets himself in too deep because of it and comes skimpering back and wants his person to tell him what to do?
Spirit: You were accurate on him from what you got. Yes he is still a foal (3 months old), this picture is a recent one. And yes he still follows mom around and is a VERY carefree boy and like you said takes NOTHING serious!

Cherry: Yes she is VERY sweet! She does have a bit of a breathing problem, only when heavily stressed or excited. I'm not quite sure about her past, all I know is that she was shown quite a bit and has only one foal registered. About the colored stallion I'm not sure, she could be saying something about a stud she was bred to last year, he was a silver dapple, so not sure about that either.

Stormy: It is actually a SHE lol but thats ok. And YES she has a very "puppy dog" like personality. And yes she loves trail riding and loves running and like you said is very good and responsive when asked to slow down!

Rowdy: He is a western horse but mostly does trails. He's terrified of cows and to my knowledge has never done pole or barrels. He is my main trail horse and yes he has jumped over logs on a couple of our trail rides.

Princess: Yes her and Cherry came from the same place, I'm not sure about their pasts. Could you get anything else from Princess???

Kowboy: Yes he is a very curious little boy and thinks he rules the barn lol. But he is a very loving, sweet boy and behaves his little self when asked to.

Thank you so much! I love reading your responses and I'm very facinated with your work! Thanks!

BUMP
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Thank-you all for your feedback.
default_smile.png

Camelotcavs- I talked to her again and tryed to tell her that her job is not to protect. I feel that it is very deely ingrained in her as her job, and it will be hard to get her out of it. Also, that if she didn't get to have protecting as her job, she wanted another. I told her her job could just be to make people happy by letting them pet her. Don't know if she'll accept it though.
default_smile.png

LowriseMinis- Oh dear, I missed him completely :eek: I had to go back and apologize for getting his gender wrong.
default_wink.png
: Apparantly knowing genders is not my strong point. :bgrin

Lil' Horse Lover- I'm sorry, but I couldn't get anything else from Princess.
default_sad.png
She was either telling me "I'm just the same as Cherry" or I was just getting the same information.

Thank-you all again.
default_smile.png

As soon as I post this I am going to post the readings from Bluerocket to stormy, and then read a few more and post them.
default_smile.png

Bluerocket:

Pippi- Is there something wrong with Pippi? I got maybe something about being kicked in the head? She seems sweet and seems to be trying soo hard to talk with me, but I just can't understand. It's sort-of like when you try to communicate with a one year old, and you're both trying to understand the other, but you can't get your point across? I don't know if she is just going too fast or too disconnected for me, but I can't understand a single thing.
default_sad.png

Blaze- She seems like such a mother hen :bgrin I asked her about Sally and got that Sally was "HER" puppy. I get that she takes care of everyone and that everyone belongs to HER? That she takes care of everyone and makes sure everything is running right? Does she herd?

Sally- Has Sally passed on? It's hard for me to get a lock on her, is she an adult now if she hasn't passed? I can't get anything from her, it might be the puppy picture if she is an adult?

Leggs- When I first talked to him, I got a picture of him jumping back, as though I startled him or something? He's a bit spooky but tries or is trying to get over it? He doesn't know why he's spooky, he just is? I get that he wants to please so hard and feels that you are disappointed in him(just his thinking). He seems very hard on himself, a bit of a perfectionist?

Mona:

Amber- Amber wouldn't talk to me. I just got that she's not one to open up to someone she doesn't know? That her job in her mind is to protect, and by being friendly to someone she doesn't know, she wouldn't be doing her job right.

Baylee- The look on her face in the photo is hilarious :bgrin Does she do that face a lot? The picture is probably throwing me off, but is she pretty mellow and la-de-da about things? I can't really explain the type of personality I'm thinking of for her, sort of uninterested, just does her own thing?

Molly- Is she a know-it-all? I just get from her "Well, what do you want to know, I can tell you anything." Does she have a bit of a definite swagger to her walk?

Shimmer- I can't get anything from her, and I'm not sure why. Does she like to watch people, almost like she is analyzing them?

Little white Chi, "Isabell"- I am getting a very sweet personality from her, but also a very elegant one. Very sophisticated, likes her respect, and doesn't like to be coddled just because she is little. Lkes attention, she just doesn't want to be treated differently because of her size?

sammyelle:

Ty- Is he a mild dwarf? I got that he is a bit meek and docile? Does he do therapy? I got something about him "helping others" or having little kids pet him?

Quicksilver- I think this is a male, not sure. I got that this guy has "IT" He is "the stuff" and he knows it. Likes to trot around HIS pasture and flip his head and flag his tail? He also can be a bit pushy? Has to have very clear boundaries or will take over the handler? He knows how to read people very well, and finds their weaknesses quickly, and uses it to his advantage. Is he a bit of a handful?

BWMinis:

I'm sooo sorry but I can't seem to connect any of your three.
default_sad.png
The first one and third one are either because they are show pictures, or because of the angle. I'm not sure why I can't connect with the second guy. It's not just because of the glare, the glare is a bit mesmerizing, and the connection goes in and out. Again, I'm sorry I couldn't connect, but I would be happy to try again with different pictures.
default_smile.png

stormy:

Kenny- He reminds me personality wise of a big, clumsy, goofy draft horse. I got a picture of him accidentally stepping on his lead rope, then just standing there and looking around like "Whaat?" and then gets a bit like "Help me, I'm stuck!"

Mona:Amber- Amber wouldn't talk to me. I just got that she's not one to open up to someone she doesn't know? That her job in her mind is to protect, and by being friendly to someone she doesn't know, she wouldn't be doing her job right.
That could be...she is a livestock protection dog. I sold her earlier this year and keep in touch with the owner, and was hoping she had something to say about how she likes her new home.

Baylee- The look on her face in the photo is hilarious Does she do that face a lot? The picture is probably throwing me off, but is she pretty mellow and la-de-da about things? I can't really explain the type of personality I'm thinking of for her, sort of uninterested, just does her own thing?
Well, I tried to trick you on this one, to see what might happen. We had to have Baylee put to sleep this past February, and I just wondered if you might have been able to pick up on that. That was one of the last photos we took of Baylee, about a week or so before we had her put to sleep. When I saw it, I thought she looked very, very sad and tired, and that was not something when I looked directly at her. I think that photo helped her tell us how she was feeling at that time. Mellow?? LOL...not Baylee! Well, I guess maybe in her older years, but mellow is never a word I would use to describe her. LOL! But YES, she DEFINATELY did her own thing!!
default_yes.gif
:

Molly- Is she a know-it-all? I just get from her "Well, what do you want to know, I can tell you anything." Does she have a bit of a definite swagger to her walk?
Yes, she thinks the world revolves around HER! I think you read her quite well, and yes, she walks a little funny because she had knee surgery before she was even a year old to a severely luxating patella.

Shimmer- I can't get anything from her, and I'm not sure why. Does she like to watch people, almost like she is analyzing them?
I have not noticed her to do that, no.

Little white Chi, "Isabell"- I am getting a very sweet personality from her, but also a very elegant one. Very sophisticated, likes her respect, and doesn't like to be coddled just because she is little. Lkes attention, she just doesn't want to be treated differently because of her size?
Well, I have not bought her, as they have not sent the pics and info I have requested, so I gave up after a few tries. Thanks though.

sammyelle:Ty- Is he a mild dwarf? I got that he is a bit meek and docile? Does he do therapy? I got something about him "helping others" or having little kids pet him?
Ty does love little kids, they are the only ones who can catch him. He has alot of trust issues but at the same time alot of spirit and is very cheeky. He is a 10 hand shetland and not a dwarf, he used to give pony rides so maybe that is the 'helping others' thing.

Quicksilver- I think this is a male, not sure. I got that this guy has "IT" He is "the stuff" and he knows it. Likes to trot around HIS pasture and flip his head and flag his tail? He also can be a bit pushy? Has to have very clear boundaries or will take over the handler? He knows how to read people very well, and finds their weaknesses quickly, and uses it to his advantage. Is he a bit of a handful?
Yes Quicksilver is a gelding, he was playing and strutting around the paddock when this photo was taken so that must be where that came from, He doesnt do that very often as he has had alot of medical problems and is a bit sickly. He is my orphan baby and was hand raised by me from two days old so can be a bit pushy with other people and explains why he would be able to read people so well. He is very quiet and easy to do every thing with except he is terrified of men which makes it very hard as our vet and farrier are men.

Thanks for doing this
default_smile.png
:aktion033:

I have a bucket load of animals here, but only one that baffles me.

Latte, yearling colt. These pics are from 2 weeks ago.

latteyearling1.jpg

latteyearling2.jpg

latteyearling3.jpg

latteyearling4.jpg

stormy:

Kenny- He reminds me personality wise of a big, clumsy, goofy draft horse. I got a picture of him accidentally stepping on his lead rope, then just standing there and looking around like "Whaat?" and then gets a bit like "Help me, I'm stuck!"

Well you missed him by a mile but I think I know who you were talking to! Kenny is pretty much opposite, very smart, almost too smart.....watches people and thinks of ways to get them!

mad for minis:

Caspian- He reminds me a lot of my horse, so I might pick up on him more. Is he a bit naughty, and then does the 'I'm too cute to be guilty' face? When he's obviously done something wrong, he goes "It wasn't me, I'm too cute and innocent!."

Star- A bit hard for me to read with the shadowed face. I'm getting a bit of a mareish personality from him. Not grumpy, but I had to guess his gender I would have thought mare. I'm just getting that he's very nurturing and understanding?

Cassy- Did she go to a huntseat place? I get something about a black wooden plank fence, and a very manicured pasture, farm, etc. I think she is happy. Did she have a small chestnut pinto gelding that she was buddies with? Either a miniature or pony?

Minihorses101:

Mary- I think the picture threw me off a little and I first got that she is nervous and flighty, but then saw something about her rolling in the dirt, doing her own thing, and being a bit mellow. Does she play with something red?

Indy&Stormy- I'm sorry, I can't read them from these pictures. It's hard to read from just one eye, and then Stormys picture was too small, and when I enlarged it, it became too pixelated. I'd be happy to try again with different pictures though.
default_smile.png

Appymini:

Granada- Is she spooky? I first asked if she would speak with me, and she said yes, then I happened to read above the picture where you said you wanted to know why she is the way she is, and I got very clearly "You're not going to change me, I'm old and set in my ways." I'm not sure what she does, but I got very clearly that she was not going to change.

Little Pea- The picture is too small to read from, and enlarging it makes it become pixelated. I'd be happy to try with another photo though.
default_smile.png

The Dynamic Duo:

Kid- Did he have a hard life before you? Was a rescue? Maybe this hardened his view of people? This is just the first thing I got from him before I asked him any questions.

I asked him if he liked his new home and I got that it's okay. Not bad, not great, just okay. But I think this would be his response about anywhere.

I asked his favorite color, and got "What does it matter."

I asked why he is so negative around others, and I got "Because I can."

I asked if he was abused, and got "I certainly wasn't treated well."

suz:

"M"- Very sweet, but gets away with everything? Is he your baby? Is he your only horse? Very attached to you? Is he youngish-under four?

"C"- Female? Very sweet and happy-go-lucky? She likes to ride with you? She is sort of like the personality you would think of for a Corgi, sweet, loyal, friendly, etc. Does she come with you to see "M"?

"JP"- I couldn't decide whether I was getting a J or a P from him for his name, so just put both. Is he a bit arrogant? He's a goofball? But he doesn't do it for the amusement of people, *gasp* how could anyone think he would lower himself for human entertainment! :bgrin He is just weird, does his own thing? Likes to strut?

Jill:

Winston- For some reason I think Shih Tzus aren't the brighest dogs, but Mr. Winston put me straight immediatly and almost wouldn't talk to me because of it. My first thought for him was ditzy, but that wasn't coming from him, and when I thought that I got "Excuse me, that is not me at all." I had to apologize before he would talk to me. I want to say he's a serious dog, but not really? Is he the leader of the rest of the dogs? I'm getting that he thinks he's the most mature of them all. Likes to take it easy, just relax and enjoy life?

Kitty:

Stella- I'm not sure why she is special, is it something about either she wasn't planned/was an accident, or her mother was supposed to be sterile, as well as maybe a difficult birth or was a premie? Very sweet and meek?

Spottie and Elvis- I did them together as they seem to be very connected and a bit similar. Is Elvis/the one with the darker face the more serious one? When I first looked at them I was a bit taken aback as they seem to be the wisest and most "serious" Jack Russels I've ever seen. They are JRTs aren't they? Is there a third JRT, or a third dog? She's a bit "different". Is she new? They're not too sure of her, maybe she's ill, or just has a weird personality?

Adorabelle- The picture is a bit small, and when I enlarge it, it's too pixelated. I'd be happy to try with a different one though
default_smile.png

Valerie:

Sophie- The picture is almost big enough, but to try and get a better connection to her, it'd be easier with a bigger picture. Is she a bit skittish?

bjpurpura:

Rudy- Cute picture.
default_smile.png
Is she really energetic? Likes to play? Does she hop up in peoples seats right before they sit down, or steals them after they get up?

Melody- She is so cute, I love her tiny little head.
default_smile.png
Is she a bit serious for a baby? Not super serious, just a little bit more than you would expect for a young horse. Is she two to three years old?

Triple the Fun:

Indy- She looks like she's smiling in this picture.
default_smile.png
Does she "smile"? Is she always really happy, but not really in an exhuberant energy way, but as though she always seems to radiate happiness? A bit mischevious as well?

Spider- Is he trouble? This is the first time I've ever gotten anything sort of about the future. I got that as he's a foal now, he acts foalish, playful and troublesome, but as he gets older he will mature and the troublesome stuff will be more of a showoff thing, sort of like the "it" factor. He thinks he would be a good show horse. Might also just do things out of the blue.

Fanch:

Pumpkin- I've never tried to speak to a guinea pig before so I tried to ask questions that would be easy to verify. Does he sniff your nose a lot? I asked him what his cage looked like, and I got a glass aquarium? With white pine shavings? I also got something light purple? Are carrots his favorite food? He's around three?

Ferrah:

Turbo- Male? Around two? A bit of a big dog in a small dogs body? Maybe a bit of a Napolean complex?

Ferrah- Is she around 19? Do you do western with her? Maybe western pleasure, and showmanship? Was she your first horse, or first big horse? I get her teaching yo a lot of thigns, as well as maybe you two learning a lot of things together. was she an english horse before you got her, or she changed disciplines when she came to you?

Spyder- He wouldn't talk to me, just got that he wasn't that into it.

Cinnabar- I can't connect from this picture, I could try with a head closeup though.
default_smile.png

PaintedPromiseRanch:

Darci- Is this picture recent? I'm getting that she might be a bit older now? Is she wreaking havoc? She is the boss and she knows it?

Paint Mare- Has she ever been called April? Around thirteen? Did she used to do hunter over fences. I got that very clearly, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong as you do western? Does she do 4H halter now?

Taffy Jo- He/She? He is hard to connect with. Is he a bit secretive, or wary of strangers? But very sweet to those he knows?

Luna- Is she a bit skittish? Any sort of "harsh" body language can spook her, and she can read people really well? Does she have one person that is her special person? A young girl? That she is very patient and cares alot for this girl, and will do anything for her and is not spooky around her?

Wiley- Maybe it's the donkey thing making me thing this, but is he really stubborn? From his face in the picture I get that he just doesn't want to have his picture taken. :bgrin Thinks he is smarter than people?

Matt73:

Dog on left, "S"- Male? Around two? I think is a female from the picture, but I can't tell, although I get a very young male type personality. Very happy to please, and just very happy in general? Likes to do things in water? As well as something about pine trees?

Dog on right, "AC"- Female? Around four or five? Are these two dogs connected in some way? I get a very motherly feeling from her towards the other dog. Does she have puppies right now? Nine? Is there a special female puppy you're keeping, maybe one with an odd white spot, maybe on her back?

Horse, "CP"- Stallion? Does he always have to know everything that goes on? Very friendly and always comes up to you in the pasture? I got something about maple syrup, and someone in a fuzzy red sweater?

German Shepard- Female? She seems like a very elegant dog. A bit hesitant to talk to me, isn't one to open up right away? Very loyal? Something about a white GSD, or a big longhaired white dog? Maybe she was bred to one?

Watcheye:

Aquarious- First impression was just "Wow." Don't know if it is the photography or just him, but "Wow." seems to sum him up. He is still living, right? Around 23 years old? When you look at him, you see his soul first? He seems very wise. I got something about this is his last life, as this one he won't reincarnate, as he's fulfilled everything, and is truly complete now.

Hiawatha- Can she be a bit of a moody mare, either in the field, with people, or both? Very complex? Has she had a foal, maybe when she was very young?

Kegan- He is so handsome! Is he still intact? 1 1/2 to two years old? It's hard to get anything else from him, partly because blue eyes sometimes throw me off, and partly because I can't quit drooling over him. :bgrin Do you constantly have to remind him who's boss?

Simon- The first thing I got from him is that he has come back, or he's going to come back as either a black or black and white guinea pig. I don't know if you're planning on getting another or not, I just got that he is coming back. Was he a bit standoffish of those he didn't know? Around ten when he passed? He had a white cage with fluffy stuff on the bottom? Was he litter box trained? Liked peppermints?

Wiccanz:

Latte- He is so gorgeous
default_wub.png
: Is he starting to act out a lot? Maybe rearing and pulling away when leading? For no reason? I get a bit of arrogance from him? Have you talked about gelding him? Not really seriously as he is so nice, but has his behavior gotten bad enough that you considered it? I get that he knows he won't be cut, and he's using the "hormones" as an excuse to be awful.

Thank-you all again for letting me practice with your animals, as well as for your feedback. I never expected such a response.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Latte- He is so gorgeous Is he starting to act out a lot? Maybe rearing and pulling away when leading? For no reason? I get a bit of arrogance from him? Have you talked about gelding him? Not really seriously as he is so nice, but has his behavior gotten bad enough that you considered it? I get that he knows he won't be cut, and he's using the "hormones" as an excuse to be awful.
Funny you should say that. There's a bit of a story to this wee guy. His dam belonged to my mother-in-law, he is by my buckskin (now gelded). He is unreg due to the fact that we couldn't trace the dam's breeder to get her upgraded permanent. So Latte is sitting around until I can hardship him (2 yrs old in NZ).

He's always acted like every day is Groundhog day - shocked to see you, gallops off as if you are about to eat him, won't lead properly etc etc :new_shocked: Yet, his feet are easily handled, he was a breeze to clip, and if he didn't move so well, he probably wouldn't be here at all! :eek:

Just lately, he has begun to show a new "confidence" - rearing, taking the odd swipe with his teeth etc. Very bold and brave!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: I'm assuming it's his age, and the fact he is still entire. But I am unwilling to geld him until I have to hardship him - he has some very nice qualities that I'm not willing to give up just yet! And I can easily put up with a bit of naughtiness - he still retains a certain "fear" for want of a better word, and backs off very readily. Just to day I was standing staring at him, trying to decide what to do with him, and still I can't bring myself to cut him yet.
default_rolleyes.gif
: So I will just have to put up with his craziness!

So I think you've summed him up beautifully :bgrin And thanks very much for taking the time.
default_smile.png

heart k ranch:

Bailey- This guy seems sooo neat. He trys his heart out to please you? Have you done any groundwork "training" with him. I get that it will be a piece of cake to start him undersaddle, or do anything sort of training with him. Very easy. That he will only be "bad" if he doesn't understand something. I asked him about being gelded and got that he really didn't care. It didn't make a difference to him. Also, that if stayed a stallion, he probably wouldn't have been that "into" breeding.

He does try to please me gives it his all. I've done groundwork and yes when he doesn't understand something he gets a little "mean". I got the saddle on this weekend and he acted like he loved it. He hasn't acted like gelding bother him, but I'm glad you asked him.

He didn't say anything about his leg. He broke his spint (sp) bone. You can see it on his leg. Thats how he came to be mine because of that leg. It doesn't bother him? The owner before me got rid of him because she didn't think he would like western pleasure? Thats why she wanted him to go to a roping/barrel home... what do you think..

BUT THANKS A LOT!!!

Thank you so much for the readings ! You did a fantastic job on mine !

You nailed Caspian right , he is only 5 months old and he does sometimes push his limits and then acts like " What ? Aren't I just too cute ? "

Star is in with three yearling fillies and he does act similar to them , although he is more forgiving and tolerant than they are .

With Cassy all I can hope is that you have her right , after the friend I gave her to sent her to another friend , she hasn't told me much about where Cassy is at all . My "friend" is just too busy to keep up with her and I haven't heard from her in over a year now. The little while that my friend had her she was next to a smaller horse that was a brown pinto , I am not sure if that is who she is showing you , maybe she has a new friend now at her new place. Thank you though , I feel a little better about where she might be now .

"Pumpkin- I've never tried to speak to a guinea pig before so I tried to ask questions that would be easy to verify. Does he sniff your nose a lot? I asked him what his cage looked like, and I got a glass aquarium? With white pine shavings? I also got something light purple? Are carrots his favorite food? He's around three?"

Thank you so much for doing this. There are some things right and somethings wrong. Yes, I usually put my face into his and he rasies his head to sniffs my face. But for his cage, its very far from a glass aquarium. His cage is out of storage cubes and coroplast (what signs are made of). In his litter box, there are white shavings, but they are aspen. I use to keep him on pine, so maybe he just can't see a difference. When you say light purple, what do you mean?? The only light purple thing I can think of is his fleece, which covers most of his cage(its a form of bedding. It wicks away the pee onto the newspaper below for anyone that might wonder.) I would have to say that my little boy sure does love his carrots. Since my sister has a garden, they have been getting ALOT of carrots these last few weeks, he always has extra gusto when it comes to his carrots. His age, well, I think like people maybe hes trying to deny it. He is 5 years old.

Im pretty sure you got him, but the only thing that would make me think otherwise would be his cage, hes been in the present one for over a year. There was his old one, it was plastic, but no aquarium. Ive had him since he was 2 months old, so unless it was from his 1st home, that is unknown to me.

Thank you so much!!!!

PS- I don't want to sound like a know it all, but if you ever end up talking to more guinea pigs, here are some of my suggestions on easy questions to ask them.

What their favorite food?? Where is there favorite place to hide? Who is their best buddy?? What kind of food do they not like?(for this one you may find, like my girls, there would be no answer!) Where do they live, and what kind of bedding do they live on??

Thank you very very much -- I sure appreciate your speaking with them. I can see we have totally flooded you with requests.

Bluerocket:Pippi- Is there something wrong with Pippi? I got maybe something about being kicked in the head? She seems sweet and seems to be trying soo hard to talk with me, but I just can't understand. It's sort-of like when you try to communicate with a one year old, and you're both trying to understand the other, but you can't get your point across? I don't know if she is just going too fast or too disconnected for me, but I can't understand a single thing. I call Pippi my ADD dog (attention deficit disorder) -- she just can't seem to settle down for any length of time - has to be on the move constantly -- I don't think she is very bright, It took a long time to house break her --- she is very loving and I love her. Pippi is 4.

Blaze- She seems like such a mother hen I asked her about Sally and got that Sally was "HER" puppy. I get that she takes care of everyone and that everyone belongs to HER? That she takes care of everyone and makes sure everything is running right? Does she herd? Actually Pippi is the herding wannabe -- she is dying to herd the goats. Blaze is extremely motherly. She does take charge of the other 2 and keeps them in line as much as she can -- she is 8 years old I believe - You could say she rides herd on the other 2 dogs -- but has a pin in her hip so is not quite as mobile. She is VERY smart.

Sally- Has Sally passed on? It's hard for me to get a lock on her, is she an adult now if she hasn't passed? I can't get anything from her, it might be the puppy picture if she is an adult? Sally was born the first Saturday in May (Derby Day) and is still a puppy.

Leggs- When I first talked to him, I got a picture of him jumping back, as though I startled him or something? He's a bit spooky but tries or is trying to get over it? He doesn't know why he's spooky, he just is? I get that he wants to please so hard and feels that you are disappointed in him(just his thinking). He seems very hard on himself, a bit of a perfectionist? I am afraid Leggs is right -- I am sorry to admit that I am quite disappointed in him. I had very very high hopes for him when he was born and it appears that my expectations were higher than he could live up to - my fault not his. Both his parents are deceased and I had hoped he would prove to be stallion material, as it is he will make a nice gelding, not a spectacular one, but a nice pet. I had hoped to make him a driving horse - but his personality does not appear suitable for driving --- so now he is a lawn ornament and nothing more. Any chance you can tell me if he says he has anything physically wrong with him - or bothering him? Leggs and my husband don't get along -- they just don't like each other -- its not violent, but you can tell they would just rather not be together -- Leggs is somewhat better behaved for me -- He is stubborn and does not learn easily. I will think about the "perfectionist" part -- that may or may not apply to him. He is a bit spooky and has been improving - I would imagine he was surprised that anyone would "talk to him" as he is not "top dog" here - he is not ignored but is not normally a primary.
Again thank you very much.

JJay (Bluerocket)

Appymini:

Granada- Is she spooky? I first asked if she would speak with me, and she said yes, then I happened to read above the picture where you said you wanted to know why she is the way she is, and I got very clearly "You're not going to change me, I'm old and set in my ways." I'm not sure what she does, but I got very clearly that she was not going to change.

Little Pea- The picture is too small to read from, and enlarging it makes it become pixelated. I'd be happy to try with another photo though.

Granada is a nervouse mare.Does not trust very well. But comming better with me.She came from Argentina.As a import many yrs ago. She is 18. I picked her at at auction 3 yrs ago.She never had a foal.And no one else could get her in foal till I got her. She gave me 2 lovely babies.To trim her feet. You have to put a bail of hay or straw to stop her from sitting on ya.LOL!!! She will be with us forever.As I beleive I am the only one for her. As for Little Pea. I will see if they came out bigger. I lost most of my pics when my comp crashed. And my scaner is not working.I`ll understand if you can`t read her.
default_sad.png
peanew3.jpg
peanew4.jpg

Jill:

Winston- For some reason I think Shih Tzus aren't the brighest dogs, but Mr. Winston put me straight immediatly and almost wouldn't talk to me because of it. My first thought for him was ditzy, but that wasn't coming from him, and when I thought that I got "Excuse me, that is not me at all." I had to apologize before he would talk to me. I want to say he's a serious dog, but not really? Is he the leader of the rest of the dogs? I'm getting that he thinks he's the most mature of them all. Likes to take it easy, just relax and enjoy life?
Thank you so much for doing Winston!

In my experience, Shih-Tzu are not the most intelligent dogs (based on having 4 of them), but Winston is pretty smart. He is a total character and has so many quirks... a lot of which I'd be embarrassed if he shared with anyone :bgrin He is H and my favorite and he is spoiled totally rotten. He is the oldest of our dogs and he was here before any of our other dogs -- so he tells them all they're adopted and don't look anything like him and his mom and dad. He is lazy, sleeping probably 75% of the day, etc. Each morning, he tries to get me to feed him breakfast even though H did before he left for work. When it's time for us to leave for work, he will try and get us to pick him up or play with him, vs. leaving. I love him so much and I would say, yes, he is pretty serious because even when he is being playful, it's almost like it has a purpose. He likes to show off to the other dogs, too, like when he's out in the kitchen for his breakfast (which the others don't get), he will run past the baby gate w/ a toy just showing off. And, I hold him like a baby and he will slowly turn his head to be sure the other dogs (especially Webster) see he's being held and getting attention. Definitely feels he's a step above the other dogs.

Thanks again for reading my fur son
default_wub.png
:

Thanks CMR for getting to my two
default_yes.gif
:

Rudy is a boy and yes he is extremely energetic. I was really hoping he would tell you why he is so worried all the time but I guess that didnt come through. He would jump up in my seat with me everytime if I let him :bgrin

Although I have never had a filly before I have often thought Melody acts mature for her age. Not quite serious but she always seems to tell me "I know what I am doing and I don't need help" or "I know that already so you don't have to show me". She is 6 months old.

Thanks so much for trying to connect with them
default_wink.png
:

"bjpurpura:

Rudy- Cute picture. Is she really energetic? Likes to play? Does she hop up in peoples seats right before they sit down, or steals them after they get up?

Melody- She is so cute, I love her tiny little head. Is she a bit serious for a baby? Not super serious, just a little bit more than you would expect for a young horse. Is she two to three years old?"

Darci- Is this picture recent? I'm getting that she might be a bit older now? Is she wreaking havoc? She is the boss and she knows it?
Paint Mare- Has she ever been called April? Around thirteen? Did she used to do hunter over fences. I got that very clearly, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong as you do western? Does she do 4H halter now?

Taffy Jo- He/She? He is hard to connect with. Is he a bit secretive, or wary of strangers? But very sweet to those he knows?

Luna- Is she a bit skittish? Any sort of "harsh" body language can spook her, and she can read people really well? Does she have one person that is her special person? A young girl? That she is very patient and cares alot for this girl, and will do anything for her and is not spooky around her?

Wiley- Maybe it's the donkey thing making me thing this, but is he really stubborn? From his face in the picture I get that he just doesn't want to have his picture taken. :bgrin Thinks he is smarter than people?/quote]

Darci IS a bit older now, though not much - i got her at 6 weeks and she is now 6 months, not sure exactly when that picture was taken but pretty early on... "wreaking havoc" is fairly accurate although at her size she doesn't do much damage LOL - but she is definitely the "princess" of the house and my spoiled baby and i'm not surprised she knows it!!

Sorry but Paint Mare is all wrong... her name has always been Paint Mare as we are only the 2nd owner... although she was born in April LOL. she used to be a rope horse, then retired to be the kids' gymkhana horse (barrels and poles, etc.) then i got her at 15 and she has done some gymkhana, lots of trail and had 2 foals (with hopefully a third on the way). she is now 21.

Taffy Jo is a she, other than that you seem to have nailed her right on! i call her my "Eeyore", she is shy and not real friendly but the more time i spend with her the more willing she is for me.

Luna - I don't recognize much about what you said here either... she was born here and actually her personality is quite similar to the way you read Darci, she is the pasture princess, junior boss mare (only her mama can tell her what to do LOL) and not spooky at all, she is a real "pocket pony", and unless by young girl you mean young at heart
default_wink.png
: i don't get that part because she is MY filly and my girls (16 and 18 so not that young either) don't mess with her a whole lot... and as for patient, she isn't really, not pushy bad but she's pretty confident.

Wiley i don't know all that well, haven't had him quite a year and he is hard for me to read... from what i know i think you got him pretty good. the day i took that picture i had taken a whole bunch, following him around his pen, and i am pretty sure he was done long before i was :eek:

Latest posts

Back