AMHR Convention News (Unofficial)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
The word out of Little Rock is ...

All proposals to change the way minis are measured went down in flames.

Youth can now qualify in Open classes for AMHR Nationals.

Proposal to add a Pleasure class for Modern-type minis defeated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see a problem with any of that!
default_aktion033.gif

I am very happy to say none of the gelding hardship proposals passed through the committee meetings

There is some friction over bylaw changes that Ray Tobin wanted voted on but was tabled by the BOD. Thank goodness!

Kay

Here is some more unofficial results:

Putting HOF info in the studbook. PASSED

The horse is to be standing in a natural possition

DELETE: The horse is to be standing square. FAILED

Measure at the base of the withers. FAILED

Measure at the high point of the withers. FAILED

Allow unregistered geldings to be hardshipped. FAILED

Hardship of ponies at 5 years of age. FAILED

Herd of 4. PASSED

Optional stake classes, divided by height. PASSED.

Optional open driving classes, divided by height. PASSED

Take out overchecks and overcheck bits in the Western class. FAILED

Change of the Park Harness class. FAILED

The PVC pipes, with change in wording, in Obstacle. PASSED

Change the wording to Championship for driving when no paybacks are being offered, have stakes when paybacks are offered. FAILED

Open Jumper. FAILED

Group Costume. PASSED (NO more unders and overs costume)

Youth qualifying proposal. PASSED

Roadster In-Hand, rules to be put in the mini section. PASSED

Miniature modern pleasure driving. FAILED

Change of fee for hardship for geldings. FAILED

A mini can have multiple HOFs for one class. PASSED

The vendors proposal was not suppose to be in there.

Info on Nationals:

35 more horses then last year

6500 entries

made a profit

Next years dates Sept. 8-18

Can someone explain these two in more detail?

JMS Miniatures, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all this info!
default_worshippy.gif
Herd of (4), 38" & Under, any age, any sex. Judged on conformation and uniformity. One owner and entry is made in the name of the owner.

If you look in the rulebook they offer this class for the shetlands only I believe it has to be 1 stallion and 3 mares, like his herd. But I could be wrong. I personally didn't see much value of this class, especially since it can be any sex, I didn't vote for it, but it passed.

The multiple HOFs. For example if you have a horse in Jumper, he earned his 70 pts for Jumper and received his HOF. However, you want to continue to show him and earn more points and now you can do so, if you got another 70 pts in Jumper, you got another HOF. Just the same like the other classes. I don't think they know exactly how they are going to handle it, but everyone was positive for it. Another example you just bought a horse that has his HOF, you can now go for it again for yourself.

The multiple HOFs. For example if you have a horse in Jumper, he earned his 70 pts for Jumper and received his HOF. However, you want to continue to show him and earn more points and now you can do so, if you got another 70 pts in Jumper, you got another HOF. Just the same like the other classes. I don't think they know exactly how they are going to handle it, but everyone was positive for it. Another example you just bought a horse that has his HOF, you can now go for it again for yourself.
We have a mini, Classique's Phantom Gold, with 616 HOF points in Jumper. Does that mean with another 14 points he earns his ninth HOF in Jumper?

We have a mini, Classique's Phantom Gold, with 616 HOF points in Jumper. Does that mean with another 14 points he earns his ninth HOF in Jumper?
See I wonder if they would count from previous horse's points too? I'm curious what they will do with this proposal.

Does the HOF proposal also state that they have to get the 5 championships (if applicatable in that class) all over again as well as the points?

I am very happy to say none of the gelding hardship proposals passed through the committee meetings

There is some friction over bylaw changes that Ray Tobin wanted voted on but was tabled by the BOD. Thank goodness!

Kay

Everyone should. understand the bod has no control to table or not table this matter as I have repeatedly stated these bylaws will come before the membership at the annual meeting it is not a matter of decission by the bod it is a right of the membership. Everyone should consider the reasons our bod would assume too prevent this membership from exercising there rights when they are responable for protecting them.

My work is done Saturday morning. This memberships begins

Ray Tobin

In a nutshell term limits for directors and removing the Shetland seats and making all seats open

Ray Tobin
I see nothing wrong with term limits or having open seats. Everyone knows it is Miniature Horse money that keeps things going and I think it is stupid for a director to have to own a Shetland.

Ray I am confused I thought you said you were AGAINST term limits when I previously brought that up.

Also Ray when I first met you you said you had no agenda to do away with Shetland seats and here we are.
default_sad.png

Honestly the mood here is very tension filled and I dont think this bylaw thing is in the best interest of the club right now. To put through sweeping bylaw changes all at once is just not good.

I was not here on Wed night but from what I was told the Board did say that this was tabled or am I incorrect?

There has been a lot of innuendo about what is going to happen on Sat morning and again this is not in the best interests of this club to cause so much discord.

Makes me sad

Kay

I see nothing wrong with term limits or having open seats. Everyone knows it is Miniature Horse money that keeps things going and I think it is stupid for a director to have to own a Shetland.

If you were director in an open seat, can you say that you would be objective toward ALL the registries that this association is responsible for (ASPC, AMHR, ASPR, NSPR) - doesn't appear so by your response.....

So much for working together for the good of the association as a whole, embracing the uniqueness of each of the 4 registries and enjoying the small equine of your choice....

Folks, I do understand this is coming before the membership meeting, but honestly we elected the BOD we will have in place as of tonight, if we elected them let it stand. This dissension is getting us nowhere as a registry.

The bylaws that are suggested we need to change - really?

default_sad.png
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

But it was Shetland money that got AMHR going. Too bad every member of ASPC/AMHR can not appreciate the uniqueness each brings to the association.

Latest posts

Back