75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=18pt]All of the goats have been placed! That of course is IF we are able to rescue them, please know that they will be going to a caring home. After they are rescued, we could possibly get those interested in the goats in touch with the person adopting them. I would like to thank everyone who inquired for your interest and offers to take the goats.
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

When I did a search on studbook.com it only listed Mary Trembly. I can not remember, is this his ex wife? If so, and if the horses papers are still in her name or are jointly held wouldn't that make her the legal owner? And if she is the legal owner, at least of the ones with papers, wouldn't that mean she has the ability to sell or surrender them? Just a thought. I've got no idea of the legality of that, it just crossed my mind when I saw her name.
It would make her LIABLE under the law for what is happening!

Maybe someone should very politely (that leaves me out!!) contact her and point her in this direction?????

I don't know a thing about PETA if they have actually involved themselves or not but if they have hit town, Burbon County will never be the same...............

and the Sheriff will think CHMR is a walk in the part in comparrison and will be begging us to come get the horses.

Please get a few things correct.

No. 1 this is an isolated case and most Kansans like most from all other states or countries are not cruel to their animals.

I would say that all states have a county or similar governing body that has the type of law enforcement that Bourbon county has. Most jurisdictions have good government.

I would venture to say that if this happened in another state that you would get the same results from their official email contacts or addresses.

It is very disappointing that more media has not picked up on this especially the national news. I watch the Kansas City news nightly and you see murder, rape, murder, rape, missing person, bad crash, murder, rape, etc. They have covered animal abuse, but it is usually closer to KC. Uniontown may not even be in their viewing area. You can't blame that on Kansas news agencies as all but one station are in Missouri even the Ft. Scott viewing area have one station in Pittsburg, Ks but the other is from Joplin, Mo.

I happen to live in Miami county and am very familiar with the Hackney pony rescue that happened back in 1998. Yes it was as bad or worse than the Uniontown minis. It also was an owner that lived in the city probably 35 miles from his farm. The law enforcement did their job in this case. The man had/has money and he loved his horses and he still is running around. Ironically when we were short on hay late last winter and inquired at our local Coop as to might have hay a customer gave my wife his business card. When we left I looked at it and it was Neuman Sturme (SP). That's the creep that had the Hackney's.

Anyway please remember that the large majority of Kansans are good people like you and they are working to help these little equines.

Please get some of your facts right as misstating them may not help in your correspondence.

Uniontown not Unionville.

Ft. Scott doe not have a tv station. KOAM is out of Pittsburg, KS. (not Pittsburgh)

I have seen post for the Johnson county EPA. Johnson county is a KC metro area county 100 miles away

Topeka is the state capital but it is also about 100 miles away. The state offices are their but their county government is a long ways away.

Kansas State University with the vet college, would be referred at KSU, K-State.

Please try to get some of these places spelled correctly as it could be important in you correspondence.

Thanks,

Mike
I agree entirely about getting facts straight I have just been pulled up on this on another Forum- so I have to go back now and apologize for getting something wrong!!

I do not really think that anyone was suggesting that this sort of thing was life in, specifiaclly, Kansas, but it does seem as if something very strange is going on with the Sheriff's department.

Of course I cannot begin to understand how a county department can have such power- here the Law is the Law- we have, quite literally, "The Law of the Land" and if you break the law it is the same wherever you are.

Well, that is irrelevant, I agree we have to work with what we have- if changing the law is what needs to be done it needs to wait for another day, we have to work within the law that we have and get something done.

Again, please, if you are from Kansas, we NEED you do not feel picked on, stay, PLEASE!!!

IF PETA goes by what they normally do. They will KILL all the minis before allowing any one to own or help them.

Please don't go there.

I just emailed RFD-TV and ask them to get involved. Sent a link for the video and the newscast as well as a couple of pictures. Suggested to them that since this is definitely equine news, it might be an opportunity to do a segment on animal abuse and veterinarian apathy. (Couldn't use the words I wanted to because I keep reminding myself to be polite.)

Unfortunately if he is going to move/hide horses, if the sheriff is going to laugh in our faces then I think you have the change tactics.

The sheriff is the one HELPING him hide the horses and CHMR knows this as fact.

Trembly also has "more money than god" according to the sheriff as he told one of our BOD members in those words

and the reason he has money is because he doesn't spend a dime on his horses like the rest of us poor old working slobs that do!

I think that the IRS is due for an audit
default_whistling.gif
:

I happened to notice that there are forms on line for reporting various things.....
default_wink.png
:

For the KS government to say that the SO has ultimate and total rule over what happens here is BULL. The county officers and officials have to report to someone- the state and if the state wanted to step in, they could. He is giving them the same line he did everyone else- it is being monitored and he is handling it, and they are falling for it.

Keep emailing people folks!!!

Please, do not put down any other rescue organization for trying to help. Everyone is in this together to do what is best for those minis. As Celticrein pointed out, PETA did get involved in one of their rescues and no one was killed. In fact the horses were saved from the abuser. Facts are facts and that is what is needed to save these minis from being further starved and neglected. Reputations can be easily destroyed with rumors. This is becoming a world wide matter and there is no way that people on here need to give themselves a blackeye for making false statements or putting down any other organization that may be of help. Rumors, speculations and such will not help this cause. Thanks, Mary

Please go back to my post on page 30 for today's status and strategy. We are headed the right direction to potentially see some progress today in a coordinated effort. When updates are available We'll post them. Keeping the pressure on the press and the governor's office will make a difference. Posting on other sites will help. Calling more local authorities at this point will only make things slow down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called Mary (Mary Kansas) on her cell. They are on the road at the farm. Mr. Trembly is the only person present at the farm. They see a number of large round bales of hay that the horses are eating, water, and he is carrying a bucket around putting out some sort of feed. They are trying to get a head count but it is proving tricky because of the trees. I will call her back in a bit. Candy she did try to call you but was having signal issues.

Thanks EMB. The phone rang once and I grabbed it...I just knew it was her..Please ask her to keep trying whenever she can.

You guys are great. Bless you Mary and all who have gone there to keep an eye on this nasty man and his minis.

I just emailed The HORSE.COM equine Health Care. I didn't know if it's been reported to them yet. I've read articles that are like this one, so I hope they step in too.

I wish someone had used a cam corder to get this all on tape to show how he waited until the media coverage came into the picture. What a jurk. I bet this is killing him to have to spend money on his horses.

Please, do not put down any other rescue organization for trying to help. Everyone is in this together to do what is best for those minis. As Celticrein pointed out, PETA did get involved in one of their rescues and no one was killed. In fact the horses were saved from the abuser. Facts are facts and that is what is needed to save these minis from being further starved and neglected. Reputations can be easily destroyed with rumors. This is becoming a world wide matter and there is no way that people on here need to give themselves a blackeye for making false statements or putting down any other organization that may be of help. Rumors, speculations and such will not help this cause. Thanks, Mary
Mary I am posting facts about the past, to what PETA has been caught doing. It is fairly well known and has even been on national news in the past.

I just called Mary (Mary Kansas) on her cell. They are on the road at the farm. Mr. Trembly is the only person present at the farm. They see a number of large round bales of hay that the horses are eating, water, and he is carrying a bucket around putting out some sort of feed.

This is called "STAGEING" folks.

He's only doing this for the sake of the media and we all know it's temporary.

:no: It is sad, he has had the money this whole time, and it takes this much publicity to get his animals fed and cared for. Really pathetic! :eek: [/color]

They deserve so much better.
default_smile.png

I also sent an email, just this morning, to Horse.com. (LindaB.... thinking same as you
default_smile.png
)

Sent an email yesterday to Oprah, too. You never know where help may come from.

The more emails the better.

-Becky

A QUICK UPDATE

Things are looking good for the minis. Prayers are needed big time right now.

Don't ask me questions cause I can't say. But I have a very hopefull smile on my face.

Expect an update around 5pm.

Ginny

Me too!

:bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back