Abused Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootsie

Reaction score
I am new to this forun and not yet an owner but our home is waiting for at least 3 of these poor animals.

I have faxed letters to both Uniontown High School and Fort Scott High Schools to the attention of FFA and 4H. (I hope that the writer of the post that I copied will be okay with this) Please join me in doing the same. Fort Scott fax is 620-223-5368 and Uniontown 620-756-4340.

The pictures are heartbreaking so I sent the link to the youtube slide shows. As much as I would like to go and just get them, I worry that they would not make the trip to my home or anywhere else and I live in Kansas. Perhaps getting the local high schools involved could be the best solution until they are more nourished.

These are young people who may be willing to go feed these animals and care for them on the spot. Besides that not only will they be at voting age soon, their parents may also get involved.

Students of Fort Scott High School

Please help! You may be the one who can save these horses! I am past caring if Trembly is thrown in prison or ever keeps horses again in his life. I just want to see the horses fed and watered consistently along with vet care. The eyes of the horse and animal lovers of the US and several foreign nations are on Uniontown Kansas. Let the high schools take the lead and take the black-eye away from your county, and state.

SOMEBODY!!!!

Please go out to the Trembly farm on Limestone road and look at these miniature horses. They are being starved and left without water. The sheriff will not work with the rescue group to release these horses to their care. Personally I don’t think they can survive a move but need to be fed and watered daily until they are healthy enough to be moved to foster homes.

To see the horses on line go to http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com and Miniature Horse forum. Find 75-125 Kansas Minis or click on the links below.

10/6/07

There is a large herd of miniature horses in Uniontown, Kansas in desperate need of help. Chances Miniature Horse Rescue have been working with local authorities, and many members of the Lil' Beginnings Miniature Horse Forum community have been writing and calling public authorities of Kansas as well as news stations in an attempt to get these animals the assistance they desperately need. Unfortunately, at a visit to the farm this weekend by members of CMHR, it was found that these animals continue to be in desperate need. Conditions at the farm have not been improved as was reported by the local sheriff!

The following are links to 2 different videos showing very recent photos of the situation there – please be forewarned, they are VERY disturbing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofbRCVwXcaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK45v5Rwiio.

Next is a link to the Lil’ Beginnings forum so you can follow the story from it’s start:

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=83038

HOW CAN YOU HELP?! NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE SOME NOISE!! Forward this e-mail around to anyone you know who might be able to help in any small way!

The sheriff on this case is Harold D. Coleman. He assured out of state volunteers with CMHR that conditions at the farm were improving and that he was seeing to it. Many of the photos of the farm shown in the above you tube links were taken by CMHR volunteers THIS weekend, weeks AFTER this promise was made. The only food in sight, which was available to only some of the minis on this farm, was moldy blackened hay. And there was NO WATER.

Contact information:

Sheriff Harold D. Coleman

PO Box 42, Ft. Scott, KS 66701

204 S. National

Fort Scott, KS 66701

620/223-1440

FAX 223-0055

Email: [email protected]

HERE ARE OTHER CONTACTS THAT MAY PROVE TO BE HELPFUL, IF ENOUGH PERSONS LET THEM KNOW THEY CARE!

The Bourbon County Attorney [email protected]

Any questions please call me between 7 am and 5 pm, Monday through Thursday.

Sincerely

Faye Nobles

Ext 22

[email protected]

[email protected]

cell # 913-221-7610

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful idea!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Kids care and they hopefully will get other involved in giving these minis some nutrion which they need NOW. Hugs Mary

I hope the kids can/will get involved...they are the FUTURE and if they care, well, the future will be in BETTER hands.

I have such disgust for the laws/government and all this red tape that prevents caring people from intervening and HELPING such a sad situation...

SHAME ON YOU KANSAS "AUTHORITIES"!!!!!!!!!!

What an awesome idea....Of course...get the kids involved. They can move mountains :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

GREAT IDEA FAYE!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

It is wonderful to see young adults stepping up to the plate!! I applaud you!! :aktion033:

WELCOME TO THE LB FORUM FROM WISCONSIN!!!! :saludando:

Jeri

This is disgusting!! :no: I live in southeast Kansas and was not aware of this horrible problem!!
default_sad.png
This just breaks my heart!! I have a horse rescue I know of that Im going to call and see if she would do anything.

I know SE KS is BAAAD when it comes to helping animals. Noone around here(local sheriff, PD) gives a darn about animals!! :no: It just kills me to see this happening!!!

I posted it as a bulletin on myspace.

Many on my lists are animal lovers as well as Miniature Horse owners. I can't believe how easy it is for them to deny immediate relief for these animals, all of them, not eventual or gradual relief.

These horses need far more than a little bit too late, they need a lot of care right now, and likely there may be some that need immediate euthanasia from the looks of it. Sad.

Thanks for putting all the info together to make it easier for people to make some noise about it.

I wish I were near there, I would sneak in and trim feet or sprinkle lice dust and/or worm them, for cripes' sakes!

I guess that would be illegal, though, wouldn't it?

Liz

guess that would be illegal, though, wouldn't it?
ONLY if you get caught...
default_wub.png
:

(I did that years ago when a dog close by my home was left tied out and never fed...again ran into more red tape "crap" from the authorities and so I got up in the middle of the night and took food and water to him for as long as I could....he finally died the day before the humane society finally made an effort to come get him....
default_sad.png
)

Sad that it is that way. Those three things would provide a LOT of relief to those horses alone, let alone tossing a few bales of good hay over the fence and looks like someone turned on the water for them.

I can't imagine having to stand on some of those hooves, and deal with those lice (which do not help when trying to gain weight) as the worms, too. I don't think, from the looks of things, that those have been addressed and they should have been. I DO realize that the food issue has to be addressed gradually, but then again, free choice ok quality hay is not a problem in most cases. The one losing the eye should have had immediate attention, too, as should the one w/the penile cancer.

Makes me furious.

Liz

I want those minis to be cared for SO badly, too - but what I don't want is for all these people that we've been begging to help those animals to show up and say "oh, see, the sheriff WAS telling us the truth - they ARE being cared for!"

What an awful situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back