75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Marty, now you got me crying again.
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
: This is all so heartwrenching and I so admire you all for the things you are doing. I wish I could do more other than the emails, but just not possible at this time. Thank you all so much. Love you all. I do not respond much because I don't want to clog things up but believe me I am following this closely.

Well here's my letter:

Dear Little Horses,

One day a kind lady went to visit you because she wanted to buy one of you. She was shocked when she saw the trouble you were in. So she made it her priority to report your conditions to several agencies until she found one that would listen to her and agree to help you. If it wasn't for her, we would have never known that you needed help. That lady is a hero.

Your owner doesn't deserve to own you and you do not belong there with him. But don't think that all people are like that. There are people who want you. They will give you food, water, shelter, and love and kindness; and ok, maybe even tie a few ribbons and bows in your mane too. I know I would.

Do you know that there is green stuff that grows from the ground? It's called grass, and horses love to eat it. Do you know there are inventions called "buckets" that you can eat from; that is, when there is something provided for you to eat? Did you know that there are places called feed stores where people actually spend lots of money to buy food for horses? And there are lots of flavors to choose from, so if you don't like one kind, your owner will buy you another kind! There is stuff called "medication" which is what you can have when you don't feel good so that your body doesn't feel any pain. There these funny things called brushes that people use to push against your body to clean your hairs, and that makes horses feel real good. I know that right now you don't know anything about these things. but once you experience good care for the first time, you will feel like you have never felt before. You will develop quite a little personality! You'll be so happy and carefree, maybe even become sneaky or devious, just like other horses. The time will come when you no longer have to stand under the scorching hot summer sun and burn up and suffer without water. You will not have to eat manure and dirt ever again. Your bones won't creak and you will trot a big trot with your tails flying in the air. You'll run with the wind to your back, whinnying as you go. In the winter, you will be warm and kept in softly bedded down in a clean barn with warm water to drink and hay to eat.

We have thousands of people trying to get you to your new homes every day. I know you haven't met any of them, but you are so wanted and so much loved. They fell in love with your pictures and said how much they wanted you to join their good families. But in this confusing human world, we have something called the "legal system" and in order for us to get you to better lands, this legal system takes time, and we know you don't have much of that left. We are thousands against a small handful of people that are fighting us. It is nearly impossible for us to understand how they have over-powered us from saving you so far, but it won't last much longer. Promise.

Soon you will have one of these new homes that I speak of where the grass is green and life is good. So, if you have to lay down to sleep today, please remember to wake up because your new homes are not that far away.

Love,
Me

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE FROM MARYKANSAS

I am just off the phone with MaryKansas. She will give a full update on her return tonight.

She wants you all to know that she is at the farm. ALL of the horses are there on the property. None have been moved. There is hay and water there for them.

Again, she will update on her return tonight.

So good to hear from Mary Kansas...she has been so good as a Kansas resident to help out. We are al so anxious to hear the "good" news this evening. Way to go Mary Kansas!
default_yes.gif
: Mary

UPDATE FROM MARYKANSAS

I am just off the phone with MaryKansas. She will give a full update on her return tonight.

She wants you all to know that she is at the farm. ALL of the horses are there on the property. None have been moved. There is hay and water there for them.

Again, she will update on her return tonight.

default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
: Oh my God Marty, that is BEAUTIFUL. How touching, and how true!

Well here's my letter:

Dear Little Horses,

One day a kind lady went to visit you because she wanted to buy one of you. She was shocked when she saw the trouble you were in. So she made it her priority to report your conditions to several agencies until she found one that would listen to her and agree to help you. If it wasn't for her, we would have never known that you needed help. That lady is a hero.

Your owner doesn't deserve to own you and you do not belong there with him. But don't think that all people are like that. There are people who want you. They will give you food, water, shelter, and love and kindness; and ok, maybe even tie a few ribbons and bows in your mane too. I know I would.

Do you know that there is green stuff that grows from the ground? It's called grass, and horses love to eat it. Do you know there are inventions called "buckets" that you can eat from; that is, when there is something provided for you to eat? Did you know that there are places called feed stores where people actually spend lots of money to buy food for horses? And there are lots of flavors to choose from, so if you don't like one kind, your owner will buy you another kind! There is stuff called "medication" which is what you can have when you don't feel good so that your body doesn't feel any pain. There these funny things called brushes that people use to push against your body to clean your hairs, and that makes horses feel real good. I know that right now you don't know anything about these things. but once you experience good care for the first time, you will feel like you have never felt before. You will develop quite a little personality! You'll be so happy and carefree, maybe even become sneaky or devious, just like other horses. The time will come when you no longer have to stand under the scorching hot summer sun and burn up and suffer without water. You will not have to eat manure and dirt ever again. Your bones won't creak and you will trot a big trot with your tails flying in the air. You'll run with the wind to your back, whinnying as you go. In the winter, you will be warm and kept in softly bedded down in a clean barn with warm water to drink and hay to eat.

We have thousands of people trying to get you to your new homes every day. I know you haven't met any of them, but you are so wanted and so much loved. They fell in love with your pictures and said how much they wanted you to join their good families. But in this confusing human world, we have something called the "legal system" and in order for us to get you to better lands, this legal system takes time, and we know you don't have much of that left. We are thousands against a small handful of people that are fighting us. It is nearly impossible for us to understand how they have over-powered us from saving you so far, but it won't last much longer. Promise.

Soon you will have one of these new homes that I speak of where the grass is green and life is good. So, if you have to lay down to sleep today, please remember to wake up because your new homes are not that far away.

Love,

Me

Here's one for the math geeks to help pass the time while we are awaiting our next anouncement:

Let's assume that the safe de-wormer and best product for de-worming at this point for an emaciated horse is SafeGuard. Personally speaking, that would be my #1 choice to begin a de-worming regime.

Now then, a case of 10 SafeGuards can be purchased at $4.99 each from County Supply.

Each tube will de-worm 1,1000 pounds. Remember: 5 days consecutively of product.

So let's do the math on price here for de-worming this herd and send the results to Coleman's fax :aktion033:

As a suddenly dilligent horse owner who is out there making amends by providing hay and water for his herd today, I am certain de-worming will not be over looked either.
default_whistling.gif
:

That would be about 120 tubes at a cost of $599.00 plus taxes whatever they are in Kansas. And then there is how long it would take him to deworm 96 horses each day for 5 days. I doubt he would or could do that alone. :no: Poor little horses.

Decided to play with the pictures that were included in the newspaper article we were given the link to. They were really too small in the article to see much detail so I enlarged them.

ksMin1.jpg

KsMin2.jpg

KsMin3.jpg

KsMin4.jpg

KsMin5.jpg

KsMin6.jpg

How could anybody in their right mind call this a pasture??? It's a virtual junk yard!!!!
default_sad.png

Well here's my letter:

Love,

Me

Well, Marty - if I could curse at you on this forum I WOULD. Because I am cursing you in my head crying here at work on my computer with no business even BEING on this forum in the middle of the day while I'm here at work supposed to be taking care of all the PEOPLE on my caseload and not worrying about these little horses and goats. . .

I was JUST FINE with all the good news coming until I read your post, and I was STILL JUST FINE until I read that STUPID last line! :no:
default_wink.png
:

Blessings to you and all working on this!!!

Reijel's Mom: Yup it's hard to suck back the tears and stay off the forum when you are supposed to be working. ......This case has gotten to everyone but just keep in mind the sentence before that one:

Soon you will have one of these new homes that I speak of where the grass is green and life is good.

I really do believe that!

How long does it take to get the confirmation email back from the Fort Scott Tribune so I can post my comments??? It's been about 20-25 minutes and nothing back yet. I'm ready to post!!! Maybe we've killed their site with everyone trying to register??
default_yes.gif
:

TO: Sheriff Harold Coleman

Oxford Mills, Ontario (CANADA)

.c. The Honorable Terri L. Johnson

Governor Kathleen Sebelius
........... Ok since those that can do something about this must be following this forum here's my thoughts to you - - To you Sheriff Coleman, Governor Sebelius, Congressman, Senator, Chamber of Commerce - - - We have been a patient group but if this situation does not end up to the betterment of these animals, including long term, I will do my part in letting the real animal lovers know of your inaction in this matter. I will place on my website the sad story of these Kansas animals with links & pictures of the evidence. I will challenge everyone that reads this forum that has a website to do the same. Look at the number of people reading this - - future publicity for Kansas - negative or positive - it is your decision.

Should come back straightaway- you can use my sign in if you want just PM me and I'll give you the password!!

How long does it take to get the confirmation email back from the Fort Scott Tribune so I can post my comments??? It's been about 20-25 minutes and nothing back yet. I'm ready to post!!! Maybe we've killed their site with everyone trying to register??
default_yes.gif
:
Mine was pretty much immediate. Check your spam folder since it is a system generated email it may have been filtered out as spam.

That is NOT a virtual junkyard- that is a junkyard- my town tip is cleaner than that place- is this man blind as well as stupid???

What is WRONG with these people- can they not see there is NO grass?????

I JUST got mine- took a couple of hours here. Perhaps their system is bogged down, LOL

Yes, what a junkyard!

Also, I find it interesting that in EVERY picture, his BACK is to them. In one, he is sort of turned to look at them but is having to turn around to do it. Doesnt like the mess he has created????

I can not stand to look at that Old Coot wearing that cowboy hat ... a cowboy HE IS NOT!!!

Well here's my letter:

Dear Little Horses,

Love,

Me
Boy Marty, you sure have a way with words. I sit here still crying. What a wonderful thing you did, it's just to bad that horses can't read. You'd be getting wet kisses from all of them.

God Bless You Marty.

In addition, I thought they said he ALREADY had the horses wormed when the vet came two or three weeks ago so why is he still complaining on that?? Also, why has it taken over 3 weeks to get any REAL feed out there?!! I hope they dont go into shock, colic and die because now they are over eating??? Is the hay where they can just go up and eat it??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back