75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gini

Reaction score
This will be posted on all 3 forums as per Mary Lou. Please take the time to e-mail or call the following people. This is the most outrageous treatment of horses! Most of these are bred mares and the person who contacted CMHR just went out to buy one and found this. There is a picture of a gelding that has blood on his back legs. His sheath is covered by crusted blood and maggots . Please look at the following pictures and CMHR is hoping you all will help by calling or e-mailing. This from what we understand has been going on for quite a while. I can't tell you what I'd like to do to this person!!!!! :xkngt: :xbud:

I am listing the contact info 1st as these pictures may take a while to load. I'm in Alaska (Prince of Wales Island) for 2 months and on a very slow computer!

We are many so PLEASE PLEASE let our voices be heard!!!!!!!! We have other pictures so if the authorities think this will go away. Grrrrrr NOT!!

The horses are located in Uniontown, KS on Limestone Road. For what ever reason the authorities haven't done anything yet since Jess reported yesterday hopefully this will get them moving!!! Everyones help will be appreciated. We were given the farm name as

[SIZE=24pt]Trembly Tiny Trails[/SIZE]

THANK YOU!!!!!!

BOURBON COUNTY

Harold D. Coleman, Sheriff, PO Box 42, Ft. Scott, KS 66701

620/223-1440

FAX 223-0055

Bourbon County Attorney

Terri Johnson

[email protected]

Kansas Attorney General

Paul J Morrison

[email protected]

Robin Hixson

Editor

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

abusedminis026.jpg

Skinnyminis090307.jpg

abusedminis001.jpg

abusedminis003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no :no:

Isn't there an Animal Welfare agency (SPCA etc) that can help???

Jess has tried. They are all privately funded. Would you please send e-mails seeing you are in another country this will help. It will show them this forum has long arms and many voices. They have to listen to the masses!! Thank you!!!!

Oh no :no:

Isn't there an Animal Welfare agency (SPCA etc) that can help???

Did the person who went out there to buy a horse take these photos - or are they from animal control or a similar agency??
default_sad.png
The person who went out there is a witness - and needs to send the photos on!!

Sickening. Breeding run amok - with little concern as to the consequences... :no:

Jess has tried. They are all privately funded.
I am not sure I understand - what difference would that make? Is there no state animal control/human society?

Oh NO..Poor poor horses..is there a farm name or something we can write? or any info on the "farm" county? Name? address?

DARNED some "people" :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

The person who took these photo's has given CMHR permission to use her name with the authorities.

She took the pictures herself. All of us are sick!!

So if we write, do we just say that it's in regard to the Kansas minis? Is there a farm name, city name, anything?

The horses are located in Uniontown, KS on Limestone Road. For what ever reason the authorities haven't done anything yet since Jess reported yesterday hopefully this will get them moving!!! Everyones help will be appreciated. We were given the farm name as

[SIZE=24pt]Timbles Tiny Trails[/SIZE]

GOOD GOD...this is SICKENING!! These people need to PAY!!!!! Has anyone contacted a local TV station?? This needs to be filmed and on the 6:00 news for all to see!!! THAT will get them moving too!! I am calling and emailing!! :no:

OK, I have emailed and attached the pics, just in case they don't quite get the picture.

But I can't understand how there would be no humane society or other animal welfare organisation that could help...in NZ we have the SPCA, which is a charity with NO government help whatsoever. It's run on donations and legacies. They would have uplifted these horses some time ago.

Hope these poor little things can be sorted out real quick - they don't appear to have a lot of time left.
default_sad.png

Mona, everyone please call and write!!! Many voices to be heard for these little one's and they can't just push it away. [SIZE=24pt]THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!![/SIZE]

I just sent an email to all the addresses you listed. Come on everyone.......send those emails. Let them know what we think of the conditions these horses are living in and their physical condition. It's just appalling!!!! :ugh:
default_please.gif
:

For what ever reason the authorities haven't done anything yet since Jess reported yesterday hopefully this will get them moving!!!
If it was only reported yesterday - they cannot act immediately. Unfortunately they need to check things out for themselves... then possibly get warrants etc. They likely cannot just storm onto the property - and thus jeopardize the investigation and chances of charges being laid...

Why not include the ASPCA, Kansas Animal Control etc.? I still need to understand why it matters if an organization is privately funded... *confused*

That is just too horrible and sad. I wrote the following message to all contacts you have listed:

I am writing as a result of seeing some horrifying photos posted on a Miniature Horse forum. These photos were taken at a Kansas farm where Miniature Horses are bred, "Timbles Tiny Trails," located in Uniontown, KS on Limestone Road. These animals are clearly in horrible distress and every moment that ticks by is one of suffering and need. Please engage the proper authorities to seize these animals immediately and get them into a place where they can be restored to health. I know that you are the recipients of photos from this case, please imagine what agony these animals are in and respond accordingly, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

If the task is too great for local resources, I urge you to contact a national organization such as the ASPCA. There are people who will step in and intervene in this outrageous case of neglect and cruelty.

This will become quite a high-profile case of animal cruelty I am sure, your actions will certainly be representative of the value placed on living beings living in your jurisdiction. I am optimistic that you will react appropriately considering the circumstances.

Sincerely,

Amy Lacy

Finch Meadow Farm

Monroe, WA

If it was only reported yesterday - they cannot act immediately. Unfortunately they need to check things out for themselves... then possibly get warrants etc. They likely cannot just storm onto the property - and thus jeopardize the investigation and chances of charges being laid...
Why not include the ASPCA, Kansas Animal Control etc.? I still need to understand why it matters if an organization is privately funded... *confused*

We are not too sure why they told us it was privately funded. It made Jess aggravated enough that he started callling and e-mailing.

It seems this sheriff has known about this for a while. Unless presure is put on it goes on the back burner.

Especially when it comes to livestock. In Arizona it took Stacy and I over a month to get someone in the livestock at the state level to listen and help us get Arizona Sunny. Not too sure what it's like in each state. I'm sure all different at the different levels.

Let's just see what we can do for these guys!!!

default_frusty.gif
: OK this is so frustrating but I wrote each and every one of them leaving my name address, and email telling them all to feel free to use my letter and that I would attest to anything we can from afar to get this person in court and relocate these horses!

Maybe as a whole our voice will be heard? How many other situations like this go un noticed and to my mind all this is , is the equivilent of a dog "puppy mill".

That was part of my letter and I reminded them that puppy mills are illegal and this should be also!

I assume that none are trained for a thing and are being depressed in personality..poor little things..what would they give for some one on one attention and lets hope they can be rehomed..I don't have the money being retired or I would even take one to try to make a great say 4-H youth horse, at least start it, well anyway hope I helped a little.

Maxine and Carl

Just a quick note to let you folks know, the sheriff only works Mon-Fri 8:00am to 4:00pm, so wait until tomorrow to call!

I contacted a news station in Kansas City, Kansas (about an hour and a half North of Uniontown).

I dont know if it will do any good, being that the farm is so far from the city, but it doesnt hurt to try, and I know this station has done many segments on abused and neglected animals in all parts of the state and also in Missouri.

http://www.kctv5.com/station/13482536/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back