75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
[SIZE=24pt]Trembly Tiny Trails[/SIZE]

THANK YOU!!!!!!

BOURBON COUNTY

Harold D. Coleman, Sheriff, PO Box 42, Ft. Scott, KS 66701

620/223-1440

FAX 223-0055

Bourbon County Attorney

Terri Johnson

[email protected]

Kansas Attorney General

Paul J Morrison

[email protected]

Robin Hixson

Editor

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

abusedminis026.jpg

Skinnyminis090307.jpg

abusedminis001.jpg

abusedminis003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh My God :no: That is just beyond heart wrenching.

Do we need contact info as to where these horses are? (for calls, so we can say please look into neglected miniature horses at this _____________ location).

All I can say is GRRRRRRR!!!!!

:no: :nono: :ugh: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Yes, we must get the autorities involved in any way we can. I will see about writing!

Is there a case number or location we can refer to? Can CMHR even handle a case like this with out some major finacial support? What do weneed to get these horses removed?

Thank you all. This is just too much for CMHR to handle financially and logistically. We are asking that the authorities do their jobs as it seems some of them have known about this situation. Here is the information we have now.

The horses are located in Uniontown, KS on Limestone Road. For what ever reason the authorities haven't done anything yet since Jess reported yesterday hopefully this will get them moving!!! Everyones help will be appreciated. We were given the farm name as

[SIZE=24pt]Trembly Tiny Trails[/SIZE]

I have made personal contact with the county attorney's office and the sheriff's office as yet I have not heard anything back from them. I am trying to stay on top of the thing until I know what they will do. These guys dont seem to have much time left some are mares in foal. keep up the good work. and Thank you all so much.

Jess

That makes me want to hurl! How can people do that to animals! How can the authorities let it continue? I hope it gets taken care of soon.

Thought everyone would like to read the response I received from the Attorney General. I sent the utube video.

October 15, 2007

Dear Ms. Lukinich:

The Attorney General certainly did not find the situation at Tembly

Farm Uniontown acceptable. However, the Attorney General does not have

authority to directly take action in any county regarding any criminal

activitiy - including cruelty to animals - without the invitation of the

local county attorney. This is - unfortunately at times - the way in

which the Kansas Legislature has established criminal jurisdiction.

Nevertheless, an Assistant Attorney General in our Criminal Division

did contact the County Attorney and the Sheriff urging them to take

appropriate action. It is my understanding that as of last Thursday,

October 11, the horses were seized by local officials acting in concert

with volunteers. The Attorney General sincerely regrets that this

action was not taken any sooner.

Camille Nohe

Assistant Attorney General

:new_shocked: I gotta say I'm amazed you actually got a response from someone....and with really significant information. Thank you sooo much for posting that.

Thought everyone would like to read the response I received from the Attorney General. I sent the utube video_October 15, 2007

Dear Ms. Lukinich:

The Attorney General certainly did not find the situation at Tembly

Farm Uniontown acceptable. However, the Attorney General does not have

authority to directly take action in any county regarding any criminal

activitiy - including cruelty to animals - without the invitation of the

local county attorney. This is - unfortunately at times - the way in

which the Kansas Legislature has established criminal jurisdiction.

Nevertheless, an Assistant Attorney General in our Criminal Division

did contact the County Attorney and the Sheriff urging them to take

appropriate action. It is my understanding that as of last Thursday,

October 11, the horses were seized by local officials acting in concert

with volunteers. The Attorney General sincerely regrets that this

action was not taken any sooner.

Camille Nohe

Assistant Attorney General
[SIZE=14pt]I find it interesting that the Assistant Atty General's office believes that "as of October 11, the horses were seized by local officials..." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]To me, that statement seems to leave the impression that they think that all of the horses were seized and this issue has been resolved... ??? [/SIZE]

I had the same thought. I would be sure to send a polite response back thanking them for their reply/concern and also with a request that you hope that they continue to monitor the situation if possible as a large portion of the herd remains.

Shouldn't hurt, I wouldn't think?

And let them know that NO horses were "seized" and how many are (roughly) still on the property!!!!

I'm kinda wondering if maybe that's what is going to happen after Nov 7th (or whatever the day was) that was posted earlier.

Maybe that's why they asked the rescues to leave on Sunday. That would give Vern an opportunity to sell some of the horses before the rest are seized. This is TOTAL SPECULATION on my part, but I definitely found the response odd too, in view of the information we've had access to. But then having talked to both the US Senator and the Governors offices today.....none of the stories really jive. Unfortunately it's very possible that what they all "know" simply depends on who they got their information from.

Back