75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"'Rescues are very emotional and very hard on everybody concerned and it takes a person not only with a big heart and a strong will, but a person who can look objectively at every situation and keep a level head.'"

I so agree that is what was needed and no one is being critized for acting in this manner. It is the level heads and the strong of spirit that will do the most good and now we are seeing that at work with getting some of those little guys out of there I think Vicki's point was to be reasonable in dealing with this matter and I know she made me stop and think more than once. Keeping level heads, in a matter such as this, is always necessary so something doesn't turn into nothing more than a witch hunt. I know opinions can vary [we all have that belly buttonLOL] but it is still the facts that are necessary to get anywhere in solving something. JMHO Mary

I would just like to remind everyone that this is a public forum for anyone and everyone from around the world to voice there opinion on this subject. CMHR did what they had to do to get the public involved. Of course with something this big it can easily turn into a witch hunt, but then how do you get the public to lay down there torches and listen to reason? I think this forum has also done a great job of that too! In a very short time things have started turning around and people are calming down. CMHR and other rescue groups will not be known for this forum subject alone. They will be remembered for what they are actually doing out in the field. The wonderful letters that many of you have written and what the news media is presenting now will carry much more weight than what has been written here on the forum. I would think that people reading this forum subject can see that it is merely opinions. Most of us do not see what the rescue groups go through with rescues. Most of of could not do what they do for many reasons. Rescues are very emotional and very hard on everybody concerned and it takes a person not only with a big heart and a strong will, but a person who can look objectively at every situation and keep a level head. We will all remember these little Kansas horses, but the rescue groups have seen so many more sad situations that the will have in there dreams as they sleep at night. We have been allowed to be part of one and felt the emotions that they have to go through each time. How many of us are level headed and strong enough to take on all that would come our way?

Shelia

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty or Shannon have either of you heard whether the clean up crew got out there today? If so, they've got their job cut out for them and my hat's off to them for doing it.

Go fishing but surely you can find a moment for a heart felt positive follow up to what went on before.

My heart (and voice) is and always has been for the horses who have no voice and that is where I personally stand.

I myself included did post anger about this situation. I did some name calling. I DID email the Sheriff and apologized for what "I" said. However, a lot of the harsh words from a lot of people got locals up and going on this problem that they most likely saw but didn't realize was so bad. Sometimes people NEED a good swift kick in the butt to get action. As far as damage to CMHR, I do not think this situation did any harm to the them. I also do not think it did harm to MR.T (except emotionally). Let me explain before I get lynched. This man was indeed over his head. who ever was close to him was too close to see the problem. With what everyone did, there was international attention that got the ball rolling. CMHR only facilitated the process. They did not do any name calling. they were nothing but kind and show concern for the horses. I think they did a wonderful job. The way the news showed the rescuers talking to MR T. was wonderful and I think could only help CMHR and everyone that was there to step up and help.

Katiean I am using your post as an example to my point. I hope you don't mind
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have read each and every post since this whole thing started. It has been an Emotional RollerCoaster!!!!!!! To say the least. There has been so many opinions and wonderful suggestions THAT IS FOR SURE!!! Some made me cringe when I read them. Yes but I tried to leave it at that someones Opinion no more no less.

I would like to point out one thing if I may please. WE (all of us that have posted, emailed, called, volunteered ect.....) are part of CMHR!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no THEM, US, THEY involved here. CMHR asked for our help saving minis in need. When we sent our first email, stated our opinions, made phone calls to officials WE became the voices of CMHR!!!!!!!!! I think Vicky has a very valuable point in asking us to now STEP UP to the plate (again as voices for CMHR) and give our THANKS to the Officials and Great Citizens of Kansas for getting help for the miniatures. :aktion033: :aktion033: Mr Trembly also needs our thank yous for allowing US to help the minis :aktion033: :aktion033:

I don't see this as a request for appologies from anyone at all!!!!!!!! FOLKS WE GOT WHAT WE ALL ASKED FOR. HELP FOR THE KS MINIS. THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT CMHR AND EACH AND EVERYONE OF US THAT WERE VOICES FOR THE VOICELESS (THE MINIS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worshippy: :worshippy:

I would like to PUBLICLY ON THIS FORUM SAY THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE OF KANSAS :aktion033: :aktion033:

THE COUNTY OFFICIALS :aktion033: :aktion033: MR TREMBLY :aktion033: :aktion033:

THE BOD OF CMHR :aktion033: :aktion033:

THE MINIS FOR PUTTING UP WITH US CRAZY HUMANS :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh and just to get one thing out in the OPEN so as not to surprise anyone. The poor little gelding with the private part problem and I share one thing in common. We both have the same ANATOMY!! :new_rofl: :new_rofl: Just so you all know even a GROWN MAN CAN CARE. LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.....................LEE

I am SHOCKED :new_shocked: and rather quite appalled, if truth be told, that CMHR is being told they could have done this different, that the emotional outburst here could harm them. OH PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE. Come on. I might make alot of enemies here but you know what , I don't give a HOOT. All I cared about from the moment this started, WERE THE HORSES and the fact that YES, the authorities were either not telling the entire story to CMHR, putting up road-blocks, etc. That is where this ALL started, That to me is where there should be some VAST improvement. That is where this ALL started. Facts and truths would have been very nice for CMHR but for some reason those didn't materialize and there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for that. I don't care if the authorities didn't like the way CMHR came to them, the authorities should have been professional enough, in my opinion, to shoot straight from the hip. Instead they gave platitudes to appease and make it go away. This entire thing could have been avoided and CMHR would not have had to go public. So don't blame or attribute this to CMHR!!!

I can't believe that after all CMHR, the volunteers, the members here have gone through emotionally, that this kind of crap is brought up over and over again
default_wacko.png
: . Put you energy into the horses that have been removed and need help in getting them back to 100% healthy. Stop the bickering of well if you would have done this, or he would have done that. ENOUGH. This kind of of stuff is what is going to give miniature horse owners on this board and breeders a bad rap, not what CMHR did under extreme difficult conditions of non-cooperation.

Now, I have things to do, like trying to help "Boo". I am hoping that he is under CMHR and maybe just maybe I can submit an application and get this boy home. THAT is what I am going to concerntrate on. Sorry, but I am sooooo MAD right now at some of these posts. GRRRRR.

CMHR is a class act all the way! :aktion033: And any comment to the contrary doesn't even merit a response.

I am a representative for several counties in SC. I can tell you first hand that sometimes the media and the public are needed to help get horses out of a bad situation. For some reason some public agencies look upon rescues as vigilantes without even knowing what we do.

Example 7 horses in one of my counties 2 were very close to death. a mare and foal with an injury, a stud mating freely, a lame prgnant mare and a very pregnant mare. The 2 close to death were 20 and 22 yrs old. The feed was cracked corn and occasionally sweet feed. thats it. nothing for the seniors nothing for the pregnant mares or the foal. One large round bale (pure mold) dead chickens, haveahart traps filled with bones green water.

Problems: animal control had been over 3 times in the last 4 months + nothing done!

I met animal control there. My and AC reccommended proper feed, proper hay, and immediate care by a vet within 24 hours.

The owner had the vet out and a farrier. He ONLY looked at one horse and trimmed one horse.

Animal control said he is complying. " I said: 1 horse! thats not complying" hhe did get a bale of hay and clean water. No feed!

after going back several days in a row the we were getting nowhere and it was cold at night no shelter.

So we did what we had to do! called in the media!

We did receive the 2 elderly horses that were close to death. He took off with the one that went lame. The others 7 months later were moved out of the area still skinny!

So we try we try we try! You did the right thing contacting the public for help. Of couse threats don't work.

And sometimes neither does the law.

I commend you all who have saved the minis or purchased minis. This is far from over though. I hope Mr Trembly can bring his herd down and stop breeding for the horses sake AND for his own!

:worshippy:

Has anyone heard, is he still willing to sell some of the horses? I have finally decided that since it does not look like we will be getting any more to foster I can use the space to go ahead and purchase one. If he is selling them as low as was listed earlier I could handle that.

I tried to scan back through for his phone number but I could not find it. Anyone remember where the phone number was posted?

The offer is still open to hold horses on my place while health certs are obtained as I live in KS about two hours from uniontown.

Thanks!

No one here is saying they could have done a better job - go back through all of my posts. I am not asking anyone to apologize for anything - go back and look at the sample press release language I posted. Any interpretation to the contrary is simply wrong and a way to keep to some confict going in this. If the consensus is that we are happy with the negative communication going out at first and little positive follow up to show what a great job CMHR and SWER and this forum has then that's how it will stand. Don't read into my words what is not there. If a positive story would be too hard to swallow then it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Update from Virginia:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Today was not as productive as Ginny, along with Victor's group, had hoped. She and Wendi arrived at Mr. Trembly's mid morning. One of Victor's coordinators was already there. He had six horses, thought to be surrenders, in a pen near the front of the property. While the coordinator was on the phone with Sheriff Coleman, 2 of his deputies drove up. They quickly asked Ginny, Wendi and Victor's people to leave the property. They were told that no horses would be taken from Mr Trembly's farm before November 7th. The sheriff will oversee the feeding and care of the horses, once again. Before everyone was asked to leave, a lady named Kristin managed to get three horses from Mr Trembly directly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Ginny will post more when she gets home tomorrow. She and Wendi are Tennessee bound.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon[/SIZE]

Here is some background and facts for you:

There are two "Ginnys".......Ginny St. Pierre is the President of CHMR who is the one that is out in Kansas

Gini Acton is a BOD member of CHMR who is presently visiting in Alaska, and is also the originial poster of

this thread asking for help to notify Kansas authorities to help this herd

You do not know what CHMR has gone through prior to our postsing here. CHMR worked for many days behind the scenes trying to get this situation solved without going "public" here to you. We thought we had it under control. Every week CHMR works behind the scenes helping people and their owners with their minis out of all kinds of situations without blabbling and exposing their personal details through the mud and no one thought this would be any different; but this case was urgent, catastrophic, and it turned out much differently. It took on a life of it's own.

Marty I am very confused here, The original post was made on 17 Sept. It clearly stated that Jess had notified the authorities the day before (16th. Sept). That statement was made several times. Are you saying the BOD was involved well before that?

CHMR does not have a State Co-ordinater(s) in each state and we need them. If we had any CHMR Co-ordinater resources in Kansas this could have gone down very differently. When we met in a board meeting, we knew we had to have help quick and act quickly on this, so we turned to the Sheriff for help and support. He wanted to act as our liason to Mr. Trembly and we were grateful for that. He assured us that the minis were now being taken care of as they were working with Trembly in many capacities and we had no reason not to trust in his word.

But BOD meetings kept revealing that our follow up reports simply did not match and we became very suspicious and we wanted to know why.

That is when Ginny (The Pres.) and Jess (BOD) went to Kansas to see the goings on for themseves.

Yes, they arrived on the Thursday night and visited the farm the next day , Friday the 5th. Oct.

You remember their findings. You remember the pictures.

Yes, Ginny posted them on the Saturday 6th of October.

There was no water, no hay, nothing for the horses as she reported back to us in a BOD meeting.

We kept this all under our hats and kept it all private so we could continue to investigate any way we could. It's not like we came rushing here in haste half cocked just to cause problems. So we kept working on it harder and harder every day.

Marty I am more confused by the minute. What is it that you kept private?

The BOD knew we needed to find help from other places and so we went further trying to get assistance to every other agency in Kanas we could think of day after day to no avail. But they all kept passing the buck and we found ourselves back in the boardroom in a mess with no help in sight. We put our own lives on hold for 2 weeks and did nothing else but work around the clock on this case beating our heads up against a stone wall day after day with this. No one in "authority" in Kansas was going to help us out. We each had a task and we were failing. While we were in a board-room, the horses were out there hungry and this had to stop. This was going on far too long.

That is when the BOD finally decided we had to come to the forum and go public with our information. We did not know what else to do. Our hands were tied and we had no other choice. Winter was coming and we were running out of time for the little horses. We had proof to back us up. Ginny's pictures.

Marty, you came to the Forum and made a plea for help on 17 Sept. Ginny took her pictures on the 5th of Oct. and posted them along with her report on 6th of October.

We had to pull out all the stops. It was just too big for us to handle and we knew if we went public, maybe someone would see it and help. What else could we have done? What would you have done if you were in our shoes?

So that is when Ginny posted her pictures for the first time and came out in public trying to seek help for the minis.

Sorry. That is not what happened as I have pointed out in my comments above.

By that time we were already worn out, frazzled, emotionally beat down, depressed and yes angry.

There are a whole lot of "IF's" in this case.

IF the Sheriff was straight up with us in the first place

IF we had a Kansas Co-ordinator

IF Ginny and Jess had not gone there in person

IF we never came here and told you the truth

All I can tell you is that if we made mistakes it is because we are only human and are passionate for the horses welfare and tried to get things done for the little ones. Our intention was soley to help, not hurt.

There are still things pertaining to the case that you do not know and may never be released.

I'm sure there is a lot more that has been revealed by now too and will not come to public light.

If anyone wants to become a State Co-ordinator for your State or become a member, drop a note to Shannon the secretary.

I for one spouted off in anger myself and said things harshly on a personal level yes, I know it and I feel lousy about it. Those opinions I expressed are mine and not the opinions of the CHMR.

Marty I understand frustration and anger. The point some have made here though is that the anger that was expressed here was not helpful. Facts are helpful. Concerted action is helpful.

Calm and measured responses to situations are what is desired and usually the most effective.

Further, as someone else pointed out, this forum and CMHR are seen as one. It all speaks to credibility in the eyes of the thousands who have read the posts here on this issue.

Gone fishing (again)

I am sorry if it seems as if I am being picky about details, but details are important. Many people from all over the world will continue to be checking here for updates on this situation. Others will come and read this thread from start to finish for the first time. I think accuracy is important, very important. This becomes even more so if one is posting based on knowledge attained as a result of their position on the CMHR board of directors. It is the credibility of any organization that or group that will impact it's long term success. In this case of CMHR the long term success doesn't impact widgets on an assembly line. It's about the wellbeing of horses.

I have never before been involved in a forum and it has been trying for me read through the many opinions, advice and personal stories. I understand now that is the nature of a forum. I'm not a just-the facts-ma'am type of person, but in this case, that is what I was interested in.

I can assure you that there have been words that have damaged this case. Apologize, keep your stand--whatever. But that is a fact.

No more than I am going to judge Mr. Trembly am I going to judge any rescue or the individuals who represent or belong to it. I am sure that everyone will learn from the experience that will benefit future rescues.

I got to meet Ginny and Wendi today and with their financial contribution, I was able to purchase three buckskin geldings, including the one who has lost an eye. They donated wormers and a halter, too. I don't think anyone personally criticized them. I truly hope not. I wish them safe travels on their long journey home. It has been an arduous task and a long one. Just remember the starfish--I have three at Winding Road and it wouldn't have happened without the combined efforts of other people and the rescues, including SWER, who was onsite as well.

I said I'd get pictures and left that up to a 9-year-old. Need I say more? I was busy, folks! But I will send pictures soon.

Last comment on this post--the buckskin gentleman weathered the two-hour trip perfectly and are calmly munching hay.

Kristin

Winding Road Rescue and Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back