75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did y'all notice that "crude ole country boy" has a cell phone?

Also did you notice in the newspaper that he's now calling us alligators. If this whole thing wasn't so darned sad, I'd have gotten a laugh out of that.

Laurie - MaryKansas said it was round bales, so I'm sure they can get to them. I don't think for a second he's concerned enough to take it apart and feed them a bit at a time. Unless, of course, they're outside the fence for show, the horses aren't going to get it, and he's gonna sell it to raise money for wormer.

All this feed and apparent care is only because he's finally gotten the message that the world is watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10pt]Here is a newscast update. I wrote Fox 14 last night because I thought that they were out at Trembly's yesterday and never did a story on it, and I just got this email from them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you for your concern. It will be our lead story tonight on the 9 o'clock news.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sincerely,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Michael Hayslip[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Anchor/Producer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]FOX 14[/SIZE]

You know, I keep seeing his excuse that they are thin is that they are old. I have had several old horses (30+) and none of them ever looked like that excpet the one we took in as a rescue and after a few months of good care she no longer looked that way. If they are so old that they can no longer keep weight on or have cancer so bad that they look that way, then they should not have been allowed to suffer. I too have had minis, and we had to be careful how much food we let them have because they seemed to absorb calories as well as oxygen from the air. They are very easy keepers. Also on a herd of 100 can you imagine the farrier costs. About the cheapest trim you can find is 20 per horse, times that by hundred and he would have a 2000.00 dollar farrier bill every six to eight weeks. If he can't even afford a vet bill, how can he afford that? On top of the 600.00 dollar worming bill every 6 to 8 weeks?

geez Marty i only got through the first paragraph... i will have to to back and find it tonight and read the whole thing when i can CRY IN PEACE. no can do at work... :no:

Decided to play with the pictures that were included in the newspaper article we were given the link to. They were really too small in the article to see much detail so I enlarged them.

KsMin2.jpg

How could anybody in their right mind call this a pasture??? It's a virtual junk yard!!!!
default_sad.png

I want the mini on the right hand side of the picture, the one kind of standing by itself. Don't know why, but he/she talks to me.
default_wub.png
: [The sort of buckskin looking one with the mealy muzzle.]

Did y'all notice that "crude ole country boy" has a cell phone?
YES! That was one of the FIRST things I noticed, and it made me so mad to think he can afford that "luxury" but he cannot afford to care for his ANIMALS!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, PLEASE, can anyone tell us if these news broadcasts can only be seen locally, or can they be seen on the Dish Network or Bell ExpressVu too, and if so, what channel(s)?? I would really LOVE to watch these on TV, as I am on S L O W dial-up and it takes hours to download any video. PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE????

That is NOT a virtual junkyard- that is a junkyard- my town tip is cleaner than that place- is this man blind as well as stupid???

I don't know why everyone is complaining about this poor man's property! It looks as though he cares for his minis very much - he went out and got each of them their own vehicle!!!

Sorry, I could NOT resist!

That is NOT a virtual junkyard- that is a junkyard- my town tip is cleaner than that place- is this man blind as well as stupid???

I don't know why everyone is complaining about this poor man's property! It looks as though he cares for his minis very much - he went out and got each of them their own vehicle!!!

:eek: :eek:

BIG Congratulations to everybody who has worked to hard to bring attention to the plight of these little guys! And thanks for posting the news info! It's working!!! I can breathe again!

I don't believe that persons who own horses will be fooled by Mr. Trembly's excuses. And I'm glad that somebody(ies) commented under the Fort Scott Tribune that these horses have shaggy fur, which may (for the uninitiated) disguise how thin they really are. Many people who don't have horses might not have really understood what they are looking at...

Hoping for more (long term) good news this evening.... Fingers crossed!

Sending a big virtual hug to everybody on this Fabulous Forum. :aktion033:

Well yes, we sure could all use a smile!
default_yes.gif
:

Rabbit, as everyone knows is 28- I can tell you he is FAT

But then he is UTD with worming, has his feet trimmed regulatory, gets far too much feed (because he has no teeth left so can't eat hay so rather than leave him to starve to death I am feeding him a special diet- there's a thought!!)

I can tell you there is NO way any of those horses have been wormed- perhaps he would like to tell us where he bought the wormers??

I use generic Fenbendazole- I am guessing none of those horses is anywhere near the weight of any of mine, so I would guess 20 ml per horse per day would do it- if I had that many I would have a dosing gun so I could just fire the amount down each throat as I got to it- no way is he going to shell out $500.00 for a dosing gun.

20ml per horse for 125 horses per day anyone??

For five days??

At a cost of , and this is the price HERE- $120.00 per litre (1,000.00ml, BTW)

My calculator isn't charged so can someone do the math??

Mona, ME TOO!! Unless it hits CNN or NBC, we Canadians are out of luck it appears
default_sad.png
I am slow dial up too.

Also what time will it be here in Ontario, when it is 5pm Kansas time?

Last edited by a moderator:
$300.00 per day, $1500.00 for five days worth plus gun for $500.00 and then taxes. $2000.00 plus taxes. Holy Moly!!

I have not read all the posts, but if these horses need homes, I can take a few if they can make it all the way to Washington. Not a problem.

You know, I keep seeing his excuse that they are thin is that they are old. I have had several old horses (30+) and none of them ever looked like that excpet the one we took in as a rescue and after a few months of good care she no longer looked that way. If they are so old that they can no longer keep weight on or have cancer so bad that they look that way, then they should not have been allowed to suffer. I too have had minis, and we had to be careful how much food we let them have because they seemed to absorb calories as well as oxygen from the air. They are very easy keepers. Also on a herd of 100 can you imagine the farrier costs. About the cheapest trim you can find is 20 per horse, times that by hundred and he would have a 2000.00 dollar farrier bill every six to eight weeks. If he can't even afford a vet bill, how can he afford that? On top of the 600.00 dollar worming bill every 6 to 8 weeks?
Old vern keeps his farrier care to a minimum, like all his horse care. As a horseman with 50 years experience he knows better that anyone that 5 inch long hooves are an asset when walking on ice.

Just venting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back