2009 Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miscall in a mare class led to the wrong horse being in the Grand... now all the correct horses were in the class

Announcer miscall or judges or ....???? Seems odd - such things should be caught at the office and/or at the gate. No matter.... the Grand stayed the same...
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Announcer miscall? I think not!!
default_laugh.png

Thankfully, this was NOT my error. When I do make a mistake, I own up to it - and I do make them occasionally. This was just something that unfortunately happened and was corrected. That's it. Period.

Mark

Mark,

(relatively new to the Miniature Horse world, btw >
default_saludando.gif
)

Are you announcing this show and participating on the forum?

Pretty cool. ...too bad I don't have speakers at work!
default_no.gif
default_biggrin.png

Mark - an announcer miscall - as you noted - would usually be caught right away - by the announcer!! I have been there, done that!
default_blush.png

Called horses back as they were leaving... reshuffled ribbons...
default_blush.png
:blush
default_blush.png

(Some judges have AWFUL writing and their 9s look like 4s... I prefer computer output to handwritten cards!)

At least everything worked out in the end.
default_yes.gif

Tagalong - I know what you mean with the writing. It can be challenging, to say the least. This was just an error that was found last evening - and we re-ran the class today to ensure proper placement. You can imagine what's it's like with over 1,500 horses and trying to get everything done in a fair, expeditious manner.

Mark

I think everyone is doing a heck of a good job keeping it all in order. Of course my personal favorite was the tiny appy weanling that won multicolor stallions. He was so small the measuring stick didn't go down far enough to measure him, but he is just about 22". And a little firecracker LOL.

As for Mark, every announcer should play such great music and be able to entertain the audience. Wonderful job Mark and I am looking forward to hearing it in person next year.

Mistakes happen at least it was made right
default_smile.png

Mark what is the final horse count do you know?

[SIZE=12pt]O.K. I'm nervous right now.... My horse "I Blue By U Of Lilac Lane" is showing right now in class #279.[/SIZE]

I think I just did, too.

SMHC Masquerade - a brand new purchase
default_wub.png
- just went National Grand Over Stallion.... !!!

A TRIPLE WHAMMY now for [SIZE=18pt]Star Valley Farm!!![/SIZE]

Conders My Oh My... Natuonal Grand Mare Under

Starstruck's Gold's Bay Beauty... National Grand Mare Over

SMHC's Masquerade... National Grand Stallion Over.

I wish I was there instead of here peering at the computer and texting...
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

**Sends cyber hugs and a standing O to Margot & Syndi from the Star Valley herd**

default_biggrin.png

Hi Everyone
default_saludando.gif

I just had time to get on the forum!!!!! The baby is keeping us very busy. Yes the Lilac Lane Farm horse are mine that we sold. We (Madison, me and baby Cash) have been watching on line, trying not to miss a class. There are so many AWESOME
default_new_shocked.gif
horses there. We seen Bruce with the cane?

Mark you are doing a great job and we miss seeing you and Sharon this year. Well we will BE THERE next year and Cash will be 1 year old.

Heidi

A truly amazing feat for Margo and Syndi so very exciting I believe she purchased him just prior to his aged class

So exciting to watch Syndi go from an ammy to a trainer and now ... to this huge accomplishment
default_cheers.gif

Lovin it!!! Got to see Samantha's Little Kings Zephyr Buckeroo take Reserve in Halter Stallion and was very happy for her! I own a daughter & G-daughter of Zephs so very happy to see how he dose in the ring!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
Thanks so much! I am walking on cloud 9.
default_rolleyes.gif
We are sooo proud of him. He is proof that a horse can get better with age. Considering he is 9 years old I am just beside myself. He is and always will be by dream horse.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I know he probably won't place because of it, but I thought the most entertaining Liberty entry was the one who kept stopping to eat the plants. Too funny!! Also liked Mark's comment about the extra charge for feed.

Latest posts

Back