2009 Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
I noticed there isn't a place for us to post our reflections about this year Nationals so I thought I'd start one. Again, I'm really thankful to be able to watch online!
default_aktion033.gif

Personally, I'm really impressed with the size and quality in these classes. There are some really beautiful horses in these halter classes. And with the driving classes last night, I was impressed with how well some of those youth were driving! I loved watching the Single Pleasure Driving last night - That "Silver Meadows Unbridled Masterpiece" was breathtaking to watch!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

How about you?

I'm always really impressed with AMHR's youth. They're so well turned out, and the show does a great job of highlighting them. Having just watched the essay horse presentations again, I have to say that that always really touches me. Every time the announcer choked up, I found myself tearing up too. The open classes are wonderful to watch, but I think it's those special moments with the youth that really show what our breed is about.

As that announcer, thank you. It's nice to know that comes through. As I said during the presentation, the youth truly are the foundation of the future of our breed and organizations. The essays are written from those kids' hearts - and they really do get to me. I would do anything for these kids.

Mark

Mark you did good and made it thru father then I had anticipated on that first one... Once I saw Belinda get emotional on the 2nd one I knew it was all over for you
default_wink.png

That is for sure one of the things we love about you... your heart
default_wub.png

I think the show has been great so far. I like that they have chosen some pretty different judges for all the divisions anxious for the open to start. I have decided tomorrow I MUST get laundry and work done even though I want to watch futurity I will have to do something besides sit and watch lol

I've never shown miniatures but I've watched several hours every day and am thoroughly enjoying the webcast. I have been a bit surprised though that I've never heard AMHR mentioned. Mark.....just one person's opinion, but I'm surprised that the announcement isn't something like "AMHR National Champion". Also that the signs don't read "AMHR National Champion" and "AMHR Reserve Champion". Just an observation from an dedicated viewer.

And......been racking my brain and searching all over LB......can somebody tell me who #642 belongs to? I recognized him immediately from LB but can't find who he belongs to.

that Silver Meadows horse is just stunning I look forward to open pleasure and open roadster so I can watch him

Last edited by a moderator:
642 is Ferin Mershan's gelding Wauk A Way Kansas Twister

I happened to tune in just in time to have the wonderful opportunity to watch the Youth Special Needs halter class. Bravo to all the exhibitors! You all did great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The staff and those in the center ring do a GREAT job at making everything at the Nationals go smoothly.

Mark is the greatest at what he does and really makes the Natl / Congress what it is. He really brings a lot of personality and sense of humor to the ring
default_laugh.png

Horses all look great, classes look great...& I am thrilled to be watching!

Ok, well I've got to add the win in the Amateur Ladies Country Pleasure Driving class to my list now too. The reaction from the champion when they announced her number was probably one of the most genuine expressions of joy I've seen in years. Kudos to her for a well-earned win (and for enjoying it too)!
default_laugh.png

Ya she was pretty darn cute
default_laugh.png
and no easy feat 61 horses is one heck of a class!

That was my friend Linda McGuiness, and I am so happy for her!!! What a terrific set of drives they had together. That horse was bred and raised by she and Pat, and they did a large part of his training too. This is his FIRST YEAR OF SHOWING!!! What a feat and accomplishment. I so wish I was there to celebrate with them! And to have Pat win the very next class with Tigger (Royal Redbird's Tyke) was just so special.
default_wub.png

I think Mark is doing an exceptional job as the announcer

great voice and great excitement he has for the classes comes across

in the announcing

As for the exibitors what a super job by everyone so far very

entertaining. I missed the Champion announced in the 62 horse class

man I wish I had seen the excitement

Super congrats to all the competitors

I had to comment on Linda's win in the Ladies under class. It was funny, touching and just plain wonderful to experience with her the utter elation of realizing she just won something as big as that! Had me in tears of joy! Then when Pat came and gave her a kiss in the winners circle...Perfect!!!! I have only been at one show around these people, but from just that, realized how nice they are.

Congrats Linda and Pat!

I am enjoying watching the show. I think, for the most part, the horses are properly entered in their respective classes. ie...no single pleasure in the country pleasure, and no country pleasure in the western. I am now waiting for the final western class to see what kind of movement and head set wins in the western.

I have also been swayed into thinking my next horse is going to be AMHR/ASPC over. I want one of those! They move the way I like a driving horse to move.

I love having Mark's familiar voice as the announcer! He knows these horses and competitors so well. Good job Mark!

I have a question that i haven't seen addressed about the formal driving classes:

Are the horses wearing tail pieces in those classes? Their tails look like Saddlebred tails - they go up and then cascade down.

Yes they can wear tails in park harness and I believe fancy turn out as well

Oh, I love those chariot races! That Tippy Toes sure can put on a show! Congrats to them.

Millstone Farm...

Yes, the Park Harness classes your horses CAN wear the false tails. They are just fake pieces of hair that attach to the crupper. You don't have to do it, but some people do, it really fits the class better, which is modeled after the Modern Shetlands/Hackneys/Saddlebreds, only in miniature size.

Andrea

Yea!!!! Ferin and Twister won 6th place out of a huge class of 44! Good job! It was fun watching you go.

Latest posts

Back