2009 Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leeana how did he do I was on phone.. darn customers don't they realize Nationals is going on
default_wink.png

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder--I'm sure Russ will be on to brag soon--but I believe he and Rico took 5th in a beautiful class! The forum members sure are doing awesome this year.
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sooo happy for Russ. I bet he is on cloud 9!!! I had to work so missed it
default_sad.png

Mark is always the best announcer we are so lucky to have him

Russ called me after his class and is pretty darn happy. Congrats again Russ. That was a big class too, at least 26. He said he is so busy that he doesn't get much time to get on to update. He is having the time of his life.....

Would you say that the classes are large this year? I watched some of the show last year and it didn't seem like the classes were this large.

Most of the classes I have gotten to watch seem to be really stiff competition. Do you all think so to?

Congrats to Russ and all the LB folks that have placed.

I just wanted to add This is my first year showing and watching Nationals. I am so impressed by everyone! Also it is good to read all of the support from other owners. Everyone I have met has been so helpful and happy to share information. It is a wonderful community to be a part of
default_smile.png
Keep up the good work and good luck to those who have not shown yet! Thanks for letting me share...

This is my 1st Nationals showing and while I didnt place; I felt like we showed pretty well and there are A LOT of nice horses here!! Congrats to all who have placed/won their classes...well deserved!!

My thoughts and feelings right now are
default_ohnoes.jpg

Please help us cheer on our Perlino yearling mare "Spice" in futurity class #138

futurity yearling mares 32" & under only a few classes away

This is our 1st Nationals on I am so nervous and excited

She will be shown by James Walsh

She is our little filly born last year a non sweater (anhidrosis) but she's healthy as a horse now

thanks to the fabulous vets at Mid Atlantic Equine in North Jersey.

Did I say I'm nervous we are watch from home in NJ

Thanks to all our forum family for you support always

Lori

anyone know what class they are on at the moment?
They are on the final cut of class #137. Futurity Yearling Stallion/Gelding, Over 32” To 36”

- Just finished! My pick won it! Congrats Cindy, her Rhapsody colt Majic won!

Congrats to Carol too, Phantom looked great!

Would you say that the classes are large this year? I watched some of the show last year and it didn't seem like the classes were this large.
Most of the classes I have gotten to watch seem to be really stiff competition. Do you all think so to?

Congrats to Russ and all the LB folks that have placed.
IMO, I'd say that this is an average turnout so far; Some classes have HUGE numbers, where others don't even have 10 entries. Same as last year, more or less. Some classes always have huge turnouts.

I don't think number were down too much last year, and know of many classes that had split classes similar in size. IMO, same goes with the quality.
default_smile.png

Congrats to ALL LB members who have placed!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats John and Cindy Cherry!!! Your boy is drop dead gorgeous!
default_wub.png

THe classes will only get bigger as the open starts.. many choose not to show in ammy and wait for open.

John and Cindy's colt is my pick for Grand and Supreme this year he is as close to perfection as a horse can get IMO

Anyone know what happen to Bruce? Is that him I see using the cane?

John and Cindy's colt is my pick for Grand and Supreme this year he is as close to perfection as a horse can get IMO
default_wub.png
Me too.... I love the Rhapsody horses, and Majic is just STUNNING!
default_whistling.gif
default_thumbup.gif

It does look like Bruce with the cane--I got a closer look just now.
default_smile.png

I'm amazed at how huge these classes are--and how long the horses need to pose! The horses seem so well trained. The judges must walk miles!

In a gelding futurity class I just saw a Lilac Lane horse got reserve?? Isn't that Heidi's farm? Or are there two Lilac Lane Farms?

Is there a pic of this colt you girls are mentioning? Or maybe I just saw him win that class? I'd love to see a pic of him close up.

It's fun to watch even one class a day--and see folks I've seen at Horseheads--like McCarthy's.

I don't know where to find a picture, but yes he just won the over yearling stallion/gelding futurity.

You can see baby pictures and last year's Nationals win picture of the Rhapsody colt at rhapsodyshetlands.com under 2008 foals. I saw him in person last year when I picked up my filly from them and all I can say is WOW.

Latest posts

Back