2009 Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who was the Supreme Futurity winners???
default_smile.png
I have class in the morning so I couldn't stay up.. The online horse show keeps giving me wrong results, so I wanted to check, it was Luck American Expressive and Rhapsody's Ribbons & Pearlz?

I WISH I stayed up to watch class 143 - Fut. 2 Year Old Stallion/Geld Over 33-37... That would have been a HARD class!
default_new_shocked.gif
Awesome horses there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,

I must say, I LOVE "Cows With Guns." The first year I heard that, I almost hyperventilated, I was laughing so hard. Now, I look forward to it every year. I just wish I could be there to hear it in person! But overall, the music is great. Very good combination of new and old. Wish you did Worlds too!!

Ok I just googled "Cows with Guns" OMG that is soo funny!

I would have never thought to hear it at the Nationals. Very creative!

Oh and I agree the music selection is great and the announcing is fantastic!

It was a lucky heart baby with Josh Tibbs and Renee with a I think it was a Rhapsody mare.. the feed went out as they were entering the ring but I had friends there watching so they told me who won.

Eagles Ring Farm, For what it's worth, I watched your filly's futurity class and I thought she looked great out there and deserved to be in the top ten. It's tough with only one judge, you never know what their thinking or seeing and you never know what their biases are . . .

Not a stupid question at all. Open, youth and Amateur all use three judge system. Futurity has only one judge.

My daughter Taylor and I stayed up thru the Supreme classes and I was drooling at the horses...OMG! That mare that won in the over class was breathtaking! Also, the stallion...had a hard time deciding between those two.

Mark....I LOVE your humor and enthusiam even at 1 AM...kept me awake and laughing!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Thanks you all for your kinds words and encouragement - that's about all I am going on this morning. I am REALLY tired. We finished the last Supreme class at 2:00 am and had to get up at 6 to get ready for todays show. But that's the life - and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I LOVE MY JOB!

Mark

For the rest of this open portion you will see 3 judges in for Halter and then a different set of 3 judges for the evening performance sessions

First year for this system and I think it is a great one asknig the judges to work 18-20 hours for days in a row is just to much. I think this system will work out wonderful

Lisa - you are right about that - yesterday began for us at 8:00 getting to the show and setting up for the day - and going until the show was done at 2:00 this morning - that is an 18 hour work day.

But then you watch a class like is in the ring right now with this young man in it (solid color geldings, under) and it sure makes it worth it. It's really something - to watch his mom show as a youth, a young adult, and then have her son show and do really well (Reserve National Champion) - thats so cool.

Mark

Mark you are doing a fantastic job! We were up until 2 am also, because our filly TEN L's LEGACY'S TOP MODEL - AKA Tyra - WON HER YEARLING FUTURITY UNDER CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shown to perfection by Sarah Orgianias. So we got to stay up and watch the Supreme class!!

Cows with Guns is just what we needed at that time of the morning!!

I was very happy with Jim McKeith's judging. He was judging the horses, not who was on the end of the lead. Great Job Jim!!

It does look like Bruce with the cane--I got a closer look just now.
default_smile.png

I'm amazed at how huge these classes are--and how long the horses need to pose! The horses seem so well trained. The judges must walk miles!

In a gelding futurity class I just saw a Lilac Lane horse got reserve?? Isn't that Heidi's farm? Or are there two Lilac Lane Farms?

Is there a pic of this colt you girls are mentioning? Or maybe I just saw him win that class? I'd love to see a pic of him close up.

It's fun to watch even one class a day--and see folks I've seen at Horseheads--like McCarthy's.

[SIZE=12pt]I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase"I Blue By U Of Lilac Lane" from Heidi last year right before National's. She called me last night right after "Blue" won Reserve and she's was just as excited as I am.
default_biggrin.png
I love that horse....
[/SIZE]

I'm here home tending to our other seventy horses so I have to watch the show via video link as well while hubby is there showing also.

I cant even begin to explain how it is to be able to watch this on the internet and to see the horses and people and hear them introduced so I write them down and look some of them up later and read everybody posts.

I will never have the money to own a Nationial horse so it is so great to be able to be a part of it right from my home.

A great learning experience for a newbie who is going to show for the first time at a MHCO show in 2 weeks.

Thanks everybody involved for sharing.

I cant even begin to explain how it is to be able to watch this on the internet and to see the horses and people and hear them introduced so I write them down and look some of them up later and read everybody posts.I will never have the money to own a Nationial horse so it is so great to be able to be a part of it right from my home.

A great learning experience for a newbie who is going to show for the first time at a MHCO show in 2 weeks.

[SIZE=12pt]Best of luck....[/SIZE]

I cant even begin to explain how it is to be able to watch this on the internet and to see the horses and people and hear them introduced so I write them down and look some of them up later and read everybody posts.I will never have the money to own a National horse so it is so great to be able to be a part of it right from my home.

Don't say never!! My National Champion Color horse - LDS The Buckeroo Kid - was purchased for a whole $200!! NOT $2,000 - $200!!!! He's won several champion and grand champion stallion classes. It's not just paying the big bucks!

Good Luck at your show!!

I can't believe I missed Cows With Guns. The horror!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png
Jim McKeith is a great judge, I came to really admire him when he was in the NW a couple of times recently. Makes me wish even more I was there and showing.

Why did I have to pick this week to hop on a plane and go camping for five days?!
default_wacko.png
I'm gonna miss the whole thing.
default_sad.png

Leia

[SIZE=12pt]Yahoo I'm happy for my good friend Susan Hallmark. Her boy's have done great job at National's…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1) 7S Nashville's Sheer Magic – Placed 5th in Amateur Ladies Co Pleasure Driving, Under[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2) Hallmarks Boomers Brigadier – Placed 8th in Amateur Versatility, Over[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My personal favorite "Hallmarks Boomers Bentley" that I used to own prior to offering him back to Susan for driving placed 10th in Amateur Roadster, Over [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This boy has come a long way from running around our pond on our property. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Congratulation's Susan… Fantastic job![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back