2009 Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant even begin to explain how it is to be able to watch this on the internet and to see the horses and people and hear them introduced so I write them down and look some of them up later and read everybody posts.I will never have the money to own a Nationial horse so it is so great to be able to be a part of it right from my home.

A great learning experience for a newbie who is going to show for the first time at a MHCO show in 2 weeks.

Thanks everybody involved for sharing.
Hey, Welcome to the world of small equine - I see that you are a member of MHCO so welcome to that too. The MHCO is a great way to get started on the right track with the miniatures! I wouldn't be so down on your self either
default_wink.png

I started as a youth, who was very much on a YOUTH BUDGET!
default_biggrin.png
I started showing at MHCO shows and the CNE. My parents help me with what they can, but we are by no means a rich family. The things I have now (other then the horses) are not at all what I started with... As can be said about most people. I started in 2005 with buying my first filly, and then in 2008 (my last year as a youth member with AMHR) I went to Nationals with that same filly, who was Ontario bred, and came back with 5 National Top Tens with that girl! My gelding, who was under $1000 CND, also went National Top Ten. If one wants to go, one can find a way. I got a job
default_biggrin.png
So just never say never.

This is my first year not showing on the MHCO show circuit, and I likely won't for a few years still for the same reason that I'm not at Nationals this year - College
default_rolleyes.gif
For some reason school just doesn't understand. Instead, I attended a number of AMHR shows in the USA this year and I can't wait to do the same next year.

I will however, be at the MHCO Collingwood show to watch in a few weeks; if you are interested you can look me up and we can talk a bit more about Nationals or showing.
default_smile.png

Good luck.

Again, I too am SO glad we can watch online and share the joy with those there in Tulsa!
default_cheers.gif

I caught myself singing along to Pleasant Valley Sunday... and Junk Food Junkie cracked me up. Sammy Hagar howling that he won't drive.... ... FIFTY-FIIIIIVE in the roadster class was hilarious.
default_biggrin.png

Ah Mark - I felt for you when the numbers got crossed today for Senior Gelding Champion. Been there, done that... and it is a terrible feeling...
default_blush.png
default_wacko.png

Yes that was exciting but the costume class was great also.

I am enjoying every class and Mark is great at announcing.

Well I watched the chariot class too, it was so exciting. John Murray from Ontario, Canada got reserve national champion so it was a hoot to see that. I couldn't watch the classes that were on Saturday to Tuesday because our internet server was down, they had their main tower sabotaged and the police are involved. It couldn't have come at a worse time for me, the Nationals were on and I couldn't watch. Well when I got back from the office today it was back on YAY!!!!!!!!!

Yvonne

Eagles Ring Farm, For what it's worth, I watched your filly's futurity class and I thought she looked great out there and deserved to be in the top ten. It's tough with only one judge, you never know what their thinking or seeing and you never know what their biases are . . .
Thank you again so much Matt for believing in our girl

Sure hope she does it tomorrow, man i'm so nervous
default_ohnoes.jpg

but not as bad as I was last night

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG that Chariot class was exciting.

The National Champion of both Ammy and Open chariot is Keely with her 18 year old mare Tippy Toes. Keely is a member of the forum and posts here often, especially on driving topics. Her horses Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening, Buckeye WCF Classical Callipso and Tippy Toes have won multiple National Championships.

Great Job Keely, and Bianca who showed them in the youth classes.

Gary

OMG that Chariot class was exciting.

The National Champion of both Ammy and Open chariot is Keely with her 18 year old mare Tippy Toes. Keely is a member of the forum and posts here often, especially on driving topics. Her horses Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening, Buckeye WCF Classical Callipso and Tippy Toes have won multiple National Championships.

Great Job Keely, and Bianca who showed them in the youth classes.

Gary
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Wow, 18 huh? That's what I like to hear
default_biggrin.png
Congrats to a WELL deserved win!

Oh wow Gary. I can't believe Tippy Toes is 18.
default_new_shocked.gif
That little girl absolutely flew around that arena. She was a joy to watch even without knowing her age.

I wanted to say a big CONGRATS to Mike and Lisa for their win on get of sire - I started crying - that is just WAY to cool!! How awesome for you guys!! I'm betting you WAY past cloud 9 right now!

default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif

default_thumbup.gif
Great job guys!!

default_thumbup.gif
Congratulations to all the winners so far!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Just watched Conders My Oh My take National Grand Champion Mare Under

Congratulations to her owners

Congratulations to the Conders

extra exciting as I own her full sister - Conders Debonairs Party Girl !!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Love this web connection - next best thing to being there.

Conders My Oh My (Mya) went Grand Champion Mare Under... for trainer Syndi Kanzler and owner Margot Cahill.... and THEN...

Starstruck's Gold's Bay Beauty (Beauty) went Grand Champion Mare Over (again!) ... with Syndi showing her for Margot...

A DOUBLE WHAMMY for Star Valley Farm!!!
hapydancsmil.gif
hapydancsmil.gif
hapydancsmil.gif

That calls for a flapping flamingo!!
default_yes.gif

mingo.gif

Conders My Oh My (Mya) went Grand Champion Mare Under... for trainer Syndi Kanzler and owner Margot Cahill.... and THEN...Starstruck's Gold's Bay Beauty (Beauty) went Grand Champion Mare Over (again!) ... with Syndi showing her for Margot...

A DOUBLE WHAMMY for Star Valley Farm!!!
hapydancsmil.gif
hapydancsmil.gif
hapydancsmil.gif

That calls for a flapping flamingo!!
default_yes.gif

mingo.gif
Yeah, 3 time National GRAND Champion... That's pretty impressive!
default_biggrin.png
Does any one know what the record is of a horse who has won National Grand Champion the most? Is it 4 times or???

[SIZE=12pt]I've got it back up and running now as well.... [/SIZE]

I missed our boy "Allure Ranch Spirits Loyal Guardian" placing in his class. But my friends and husband called me and they said that he placed 5th in Stallion Yearling, 30" & Under.

I hope that he does that well with my husband Terry in class #274 in just a little while. Evidently, he had a flyon him and was bouncing around with Josh Tibbs. Better dunk that boy before my husband gets him. Ha!!! That's all he needs is a bouncing "Guardian". Ha! This should be interesting to watch.
default_yes.gif

Apparently they are RERUNNING that Grand Champion Mare OVER Class.... due to a horse mix-up??!!
default_wacko.png

Lovin it!!! Got to see Samantha's Little Kings Zephyr Buckeroo take Reserve in Halter Stallion and was very happy for her! I own a daughter & G-daughter of Zephs so very happy to see how he dose in the ring!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Latest posts

Back