Winter Blankets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphahorses

Reaction score
I need to purchase a few winter blankets for minis. I'm looking for recommendations on where to purchase blankets that fit and hold up well.

Thanks

Supreme Equine Design. Great, well made blankets that last! I'm still using blankets I bought 10 years ago - and they still look good.
default_smile.png

Jan

The Kensington Waterproof Roustabout! They fit extremely well, will keep a horse warm even in -40 temperatures, keep the horse dry in rain or wet snow, will dry off/warm up a wet & cold horse, and are very durable. I see that they are on a good sale right now too, $60 instead of $98, at Ozark Mtn.

TACK FOR MINIS has great blankets - the Winter Blanket is about $27.50 if I remember correctly and all my minis have one they fit great and keep off snow and rain and keep them very warm! They have excellent customer service and multiple blanket discounts as well!

I love the blankets that Double Diamond sold and they were pretty inexpensive too. Does anyone know where else to get those blankets?

I recently took advantage of Double Diamond's closeout sale and purchased Polar Tough 1 waterproof turnouts for everyone. The website is now down, but they said they will be up again by (I think) January.

Nice blankets. I rarely blanket, but did use one for Mingus while camping at the beach and it kept him nice and cozy.

Several tack sites carry this blanket, but at the regular price of around $40-50. I don't remember which ones, but I've seen it on quite a few sites. (Also Ebay, I believe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the Kensington. If your mini is going to be outside and possibly get wet, I strongly advise getting a water proof/resistant blanket.

I love the blankets that Double Diamond sold and they were pretty inexpensive too.
Those Tough 1 blankets are the best winter blankets I have used for real winters, though I have never tried the Kensington ones. I'm not sure what kind of winters you have but here we get to -30 C for weeks. This past winter we were the second coldest place on the planet! It got down to -46 C and -58.5 C with windchill.
default_new_shocked.gif
I don't regularly blanket my horses unless it is really cold or if they are sick, but you bet I was mighty glad I had good blankets that night. The Tough 1 blankets are super sturdy. I have a horse that will put a hole through anything and he has only managed to put a small tear in his blanket after a few years of use.

Latest posts

Back