Will Precious EVER Foal??? Finally Has Rock Hard Udders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pacific Perfect Paint!

Well I think we have a name for it!!

When it FINALLY gets here!

Thank you Steph
default_biggrin.png

I can't believe she hasn't foaled yet. I feel your pain (and sleeplessness). To put this in perspective, I figure your mare was bred about the same time our maiden mare Mira was (end of July 2008) and her foal is almost 2 months old now!!! He was born at 303 days. I can't imagine how I would feel if I was still waiting for him to arrive!!

We had a mare close to foaling and when the hay bales started to be thrown into the mow above her head, the thumping sound caused her to go down and start pushing. She must have thought the barn was falling
default_wacko.png

I think the mini fairy artist god is just searching for the perfect palate of colors and the perfect stencils to make your little one a Special Masterpiece...a very.....sl..ooowwww master piece but a Master Piece just the same.

Well, this morning she had definite indents in front of her hips...baby was sideways somewhat, but tonight she is most clearly FULL in her flanks so maybe the baby has finally pushed back into position? WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!! LOL
default_biggrin.png
If she doesn't go tonight...you may have to resort to the plunger! HAHA
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

[SIZE=14pt]Hi,[/SIZE]

Hang in there, we had a mare 4 years ago that went 388 days before she had her foal! The mare was only bred one time on her heat cycle, we hand breed, so we know her date was correct!
default_rolleyes.gif
Our vet did some research and found an article about the longest gestation in a miniature horse and it was 419 days! So hang in there, she'll drop that filly when it's fully cooked!
default_smile.png

Bill

I keep hoping my dates are off, but as the stallion she was bred to was sold and left in August and we had her confirmed in foal by 37 days plus by then, no such luck.

Glad I have a zillion things to do while waiting!

Just I am punch drunk right now from lack of sleep.

It sure looks like Precious is getting ready to foal. I've been watching her and she looks very uncomfortable. I was so glad when I saw the barn light go on--I was about ready to call Joanne's cell phone but I also know she has a breeder alert halter on her.

Sending prayers and good thoughts for a safe delivery.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure looks like Precious is getting ready to foal. I've been watching her and she looks very uncomfortable. I was so glad when I saw the barn light go on--I was about ready to call Joanne's cell phone but I also know she has a breeder alert halter on her. Sending prayers and good thoughts for a safe delivery.
default_wub.png
Camera is down, did everything go OK

Last edited by a moderator:
No news.
default_sad.png
There is a new thread called "Precious is foaling". I think that one will have the latest updates.

default_pray.gif

My mare went 384 days this year. My dates were correct. The stud went home June 1 because I had soulder surgery the end of that week. Baby finally came June 20, 2009.

ANd-everyone was wrong-IT IS A FILLY! Not a colt. She was tiny

It was well worth the wait, I got a beautiful Grulla filly. I had her ultraounded at 365 days. Baby was fine. She

drd come out quickly, sac did not break, I had to do CPR & cut cord, but shes great now.

Latest posts

Back