Will Precious EVER Foal??? Finally Has Rock Hard Udders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Beth for your early morning phone call. I too was watching her and wondering if I should give her more time and not disturb her or go out and feed.

Yesterday between 2 and 3 pm she laid down multiple times and stared at her belly, got up and yawned, walked in circles in the stall, and then........ nothing!!!!!

She got me going though. My adrenaline was surging.
default_wacko.png

Kira, her bags remain rock hard, her teats have filled with fluid, her vulva and anus are pushed out, her body is slimmer, like the foal has moved to get ready to come out.

I have been putting her in a round pen for a while in the mornings while I clean her stall, just so she can move around. But she just paces and looks unhappy. When I go to get her she runs to the door to go back into her stall.

I do not think she will be happy until she foals.

Thank you all for watching and your wonderful suggestions.
default_smile.png

At least I am getting a few laughs between the anxiety!

I so feel for you. Star was like that for days and would barely come out of the stall. We left the door open so she could choose but she preferred being in. Sending good thoughts!

I do feel like I am living your last weekend Kay. I was on the other side watching your 24-48 hours go on another few days, but so happy with the results you had.

I am hoping I am as lucky as you were.

Thanks for watching.

It can't be too much longer. It is a gravity thing at this point!

Joanne--what is that in the bottom, just above the right hand corner or the stall? I'm watching your girl for a bit--and was just wondering.
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh gosh! No baby yet........unbelievable.

I was sure that I would see a baby this morning. Better give her a squeeze Joanne.

B

Poor Joanne!! You must be losing your mind! wish I lived closer Id bring you a good meal and some chocolate
default_smile.png

I will say that my friends saying is "those special paint jobs take a little longer"

Last edited by a moderator:
And Kay my friends favorite saying is that if they cook it too long they burn them (no "color" white at all) !!!
default_no.gif

I like your friends saying better.
default_smile.png

She could not get any harder udders.

She walked and ate straw all night. Seldom resting. She is taking a short break this morning.

And I thought that full moon that got your horse Star to foal would bring my foal too......

Drats....

I always pictured a Pegasus bringing the foals.

Hummm fresh out of storks here. We do have some Blue Herons though.

Blue Herons might work if'n you want a colt...if filly is the need you might want to bring in a pink Flamingo
default_wink.png

Oh my I for sure thought that when i got home from work today I would see a new baby !

gesh precious has got to be miserable !

Im goin to be gone tomorrow night for a few days this time I bets she has it then.

Joanne I bet your bout to pull your hair out by now !

that masterpiece she is paintin in there better be something to see ! lol

im sure it will be shes just waitin for the paint to be totally dry so not to smudge it !

Kira it is challenging to keep going everyday with all the things I need to do knowing at any minute I could be called away for a birth.

We have a lot of daytime births here and we are currently in the middle of a complete overhaul of our website and taking photos nearly daily.

She has had rock hard udders for days now and it is distracting thinking at any moment, when you are feeding, filling the water tanks, or preparing the horses for taking photos that the beeper could go off and we would need to run to the barn.

But not accomplishing anything seems worse.

I hope you are right about the paint job and we have a Michelangelo coming. It beats her burning it and coming out all black.
default_no.gif

I just watched her for the first time and she seems restless. have to laugh at her looks like she doesn't want to take time to foal right now as food was brought in. I think she is getting close!111 And I have to leave today! Good Luck! Lavonne

I watched her last night for a bit and she seemed alot more restless and moved way more than the past few nights

I clicked on the cam before I have to leave for work and she must be outside

I hope that she has it soon and all goes well. I will check back when i get home on thursday evening.

and Joanne I hope that you get a bit of rest and time to relax soon. our jobs are never done it seems

there is always something to do with the horses or the barn or something we just cant get a break

but in the end its all worth it ( or so we like to fool our selves LOL - Nah its always worth it to me the horses are my pride and joy)

cant wait to get back home to see pics of the new baby

Reble your graphic made me laugh! Thank you!

No not yet... I have seen the baby move and watched her belly twitching several times, but no foal yet!

Can you believe this!

WHERE"S THE BABY!!!! :arg! Don't ya just LOVE marestare...toothpicks for the eyes-
default_new_shocked.gif
coffee-lots O' coffee
default_wacko.png
pillow must have soft pillow
default_please.gif
delirium setting in
default_risa8.gif
& then...and then...the moment u (and us) have been waiting for
default_impatient.jpg
(poof) and it's over
default_smokesmile.gif

Latest posts