What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got chicken breast in the little crock pot with some onion and can soy-honey-mustard sauce I mixed up. Hopefully itbwill be good!

Got home late last night so all I could manage was "grilled cheese" on sourdough toast
default_smile.png
Didnt have much time to be on the couch, sitting in front of the Tv to catch Real housewives of Beverley Hills.

Ill hopefully be a little more creative tonight

Making spaghetti sauce today. Going to brown the meat a put the ingredients in the crock pot on low early so it should be really good this evening. Hoping it's good enough for a couple nights! + tossed salad and no sugar added ice cream
default_eat.gif

It's Lent, so something Fishy for supper tonight. I'm out of rice, so probably just going to keep it real simple and make Tuna and Mac (just tuna added to a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese).

The spaghetti sauce is good, but I'm not so in the mood for it tonight. Putting most of it in the freezer and making hamburgers, oven fries, and salad tonight.
default_eat.gif

Yesterday, my mom made us a super yum ooey gooey butter cake with chocolate chips, so dessert is an unneeded but unavoidable situation. Don't need it, can't resist it!

Tiz the mudbug aka crawfish season around here. Picked up a couple of pounds and a few corn on cob at the nearest truck. At home added fixings of cole slaw and Cajun new potatoes. Also a slice of angel food cake topped with sweetened strawberries and Truwhip.

Chicken Caesar with Homemade Croutons last night
default_eat.gif

Out for Dinner tonight (fri) and my weekend is full with a horse show so it will be the easiest of meals over the weekend
default_smile.png

^^^ This all sounds good ^^^

I'm making a crock pot beef roast (COLA beef roast -- sounds funny but is very good). We're going to have it over egg noodles with carrots and peas on the side. Maybe also a spinach salad. I feel like baking a cake again, too, so might.

We'd been planning to have a nice breakfast but woke up not hungry. Reading about your all's dinners though has made me start to reconsider! Maybe oven ommelets and pancakes?

The roast turned out good, and there are leftovers for later, but I've got a real craving for carryout pizza from Dominos. Much as I love to cook, H and the dogs do love family pizza night so that's on ☺

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive hardly cooked a thing over the long weekend here
default_smile.png

We have a relative staying the week and has been spoiling us with roast dinners , zucchini slices and cakes (need to go on a diet )
default_smile.png

We're having cheeseburgers (I'm skipping the bun), sweet potato fries, and tossed salad. I'm going to crack open some sugar free icecream for dessert, too!

Lately, I have sooooooo been craving good tomatoes and silver queen corn. Much as I love winter, I'm anxious for that part of summer... Not to mention watermelon and cantolope! Wish all that was home / local grown good year round!

Pear Parmesan and rocket salad here last night served with some grilled Lime and japotle chicken strips.

Yum Jill, Nothing better than summer fruits
default_smile.png
Its on the way for you , I was watching the sun set here last night and its creeping further round my property. Its starting to get alot darker earlier here now, so wont be much longer
default_smile.png

Eggs work anytime of day here, too! We eat them a lot, as often for dinner as breakfast or brunch.

I'm making something "special" for Harvey tonight. It's not hard or expensive, but he really likes it and I rarely make it. We're going to have sausage, peppers and onions with penne pasta. I put lots of peppers, onions and diced tomatoes in it and hope I can find either turkey or chicken sweet Italian sausage at the grocery store today vs pork. I'll make us some tossed salads and cornbread muffins to go with it
default_eat.gif
Sorta date night at home -- hopefully Netflix can hook us up with a good movie, too!

We had some things yesterday evening that kept me from making the planned meal and opted for something quicker.

We had "grown up beanie weanies"
default_eat.gif
The grocery store did have Italian chicken sausage, which I will use for the sausage, onions and peppers tonight. They also had turkey half smokes. You'd never know it wasn't beef / pork. I sauted some sliced half smoke sausage, diced purple onions and green peppers, then added a can of baked beans that I doctored a little (garlic, mustard, bbq sauce and a little brown sugar). Surely not fancy, but it was really good! Way better than the kiddos version and while not health food, at least a bit healthier than the traditional version plus lots yummier.

Already thinking about dinner when it's too early even for breakfast! Tonight we're having hamsteak with pineapple rings, sweet potatoes, and steamed broccoli
default_eat.gif

We had chicken wraps her last night. brought one of those butterfly marinated chickens, roasted it and had it with kaleslaw, cherry tomatoes and fetta
default_eat.gif

Easy but yum
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back