What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a curried Pumpkin and zucchini slice last night for dinner , gee it was nice
default_smile.png

Had dinner in the city on Sat night as I took my niece to see "Matilda" the musical for her 21st (Amazing) So nice to have someone else cook for you for a change
default_smile.png

I didn't end up making the spaghetti sauce until this morning. We've been eating deli type sandwiches with salads and one or two big homemade breakfasts. The spaghetti sauce in the crock pot now, and there is lots of it! I'm going to have to freeze some of it, I think, and either make a spaghetti pie or lasagna for later this week. Kinda smells like Olive Garden around here right about now.

We had left overs here last night , left over zucchini and pumpkin slice. I hurt my hip trying to get on my horse a while back and now its giving me grief. So strict orders form the chiro that im to do NO housework for two weeks ( who wouldnt complain about that)

Ill have to stop at the shops on the way home for some inspiration for tonights menu
default_smile.png
default_eat.gif

Second verse same as the first
default_smile.png
In other words, leftovers... spaghetti, salad, and bread
default_eat.gif
I might make a refrigerator cheesecake / coolwhip pie using Splenda instead of sugar.

ooh, Chinese food, sounds yummy. We have a good restaurant in town that has a really yummy lunch buffet; we go there often enough to enjoy it, but not so often that it's no longer a treat.

We dont have it that often here either, becomes too expensive having take out food all the time.

I made the Sausage recipe that Jill posted, it was so good i know it will be a regular here
default_smile.png
I just par cooked the sausages then sliced them. Added onion , capsicum ( bell peppers) sundried tomato then at the last minute I added some wostershire and Soy sauce and a dash of honey and a packet of instant jasmine rice
default_smile.png
10/10 and two thumbs up
default_thumbup.gif

ive been watching the cooking channels for new ideas and the one thing I wish we had here but dont is , dough in a can , Ive tried everywhere but we dont seem to have it anywhere in Oz
default_thumbdown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
homemade meatballs, pasta roni and green beans for supper tonight. I ate too much and I'm still full 3 hours later.

Ryan, I'm so happy you liked the sausage and peppers! :-D

Tonight, I'm cooking a from frozen "turkey roll". We used to love those things but haven't had one in years. Homemade mashed potatoes and glazed carrots as well
default_eat.gif

Oh, happy dance! Harvey wanted to take charge and make the chili! I will "upgrade" the frozen sour dough rolls to homemade corn muffins tonight. I love to cook, but I'm not great at dicing peppers, and does anyone like to dice onions? He's got it in the crock pot already and it won't be long before it smells like chili here ☺

We had chili the last couple of days, and froze some to take to my parents later this week. Harvey made it and it's good! I think we're going to freeze what's left over and eat it later because tonight feels like pizza night! I'll make us some tossed salads to try to cut the calories and carbs, and we always get enough from Dominos that we will have leftovers for dinner tomorrow
default_smile.png
They've got good specials here Monday - Thursday. Large pizza with 3 toppings for $7.99... We usually get two and share it with our doggies. Yummy yummy yummy, especially with extra sauce (messier, but worth it)!
default_eat.gif

So much Jill I actually made it again last night. We had a BBQ on Sunday for lunch with my uncle and cousins. Had so many snags left over and thought Id put them to good use. I added some goats cheese to it this time and it was really good ( once again )

Apart from the great taste it really is a great meal to make , cost effective and a million variations that could be used
default_smile.png

I also did a slow cooked lamb in the slow cooker so will be having the left overs from that tonight with maybe some salad
default_eat.gif

IMG_2241.JPG

Yum! I wish I was there
default_eat.gif

It's not even 1:30 and I'm ready for dinner. Maybe this is why normal people eat lunch
default_biggrin.png

Thinking a bit of clean out the freezer, I have two half packages of fish sticks left-over from Lent, so will heat those up along with either fries or rice and peas. Leaning towards fries, as that would make it all a one pot meal and fewer dishes to do. [Have my first appointment for fitting a crown tomorrow, so supper tomorrow might have to be soup; but buying fixings for tacos, in case I feel up to it. I hope so. Just straight up crown work, no root canal.]

Harvey went to my parents house today to help them with some things. He took some of our chili that we froze for them earlier. In return, they loaded us down with some food! Tuna salad, bean soup, bread pudding, and some frozen banana bread
default_smile.png
I'm planning to make us tuna melts with pineapple (toasted English muffins, tuna salad, pineapple ring and cheese under the broiler -- so yum!) and heat up some bean soup
default_eat.gif

Does anyone like anything better than their own mom's cooking?
default_biggrin.png

Harvey went over to my parents house today, to help them with something with their garden hose and my dad's SUV. We have the same SUV but couldn't talk them through it (seat and mirror adjustments). He took over the leftover pork loin and tonight we're having chicken fajitas and canned reduced fat refried beans
default_eat.gif

Are you all eating something for dinner? I hope it's yummy!

Back