What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a beef sirloin in the slow cooker yesterday morning before I jumped on the mower. It was one I brought that was already marinated. I layed the bottom of the crock pot with carrots and onions put the beef on top , put some baby potatoes around it and 8 hours later , I called it dinner
default_smile.png

Its starting to get really cold here at night , the only thing i enjoy about winter is what new creations I can gather for crock pot recipes
default_smile.png

We're making breakfast for dinner tonight. Eggs, turkey bacon, pancakes, and fresh pineapple... No coffee that late, but otherwise a big breakfast
default_smile.png

Planning to be more dinner traditional tomorrow
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Home made meat loaf , mashed potato and broccolini last night
default_smile.png

Jill, I love all day breakfast , Id skip the coffee too, i would be awake all night
default_smile.png

We're making a chicken stuffing casserole tonight, but trying to compromise / combine between the one I started this thread with and one we made recently in the crock pot. I love when we can get it ready and then do other things while it is cooking. This one's in the crock pot with chicken breast, frozen green beans, mushrooms, condensed soup, cheese and stuffing (all and the pot, but in some layers). Either way, I know the carrots that I want as a side will be good (haha), but hoping this can turn into an easy go to dish. Harvey loves the chicken stuffing thing, but I think we over cook it for the chicken in the oven and can make it tough, while in the crock pot it's so tender. If this thing turns out, it could be a weekly happening.

I'm sure either way when the time comes, I will be ready to eat
default_smile.png

If it works out Jill, you will have to share the recipe
default_smile.png

We had Chicken soft shell tacos last night. Not sure what will be on the menu for tonight but I have plans for a slow cooker of some description Saturday
default_eat.gif

Ryan, I think the recipe I tried needs a little bit of tweaking. It was good but I think the next time I try it it will be better. I'll share it then!

Tonight we're having cheeseburger wraps that I plan to dress with spinach and tomatoes and mock potato (cauliflower) salad on the side. We've also got icecream, so that most likely will happen, too
default_eat.gif

I hope I don't run this into the ground here, but tonight we're having breakfast for dinner again.

Eggs over easy, turkey bacon, and little silver dollar pancakes with reduced sugar syrup (green not yellow cap, can't tell the difference from regular). Also a salad with spinach and fresh oranges to try to make it at least a little healthier
default_eat.gif

We've been wanting to try Farm Fresh eggs and when we're out tomorrow, I think we're going to pick some up on our way home. I've heard they're a lot better than store-bought eggs, and want to see if that's true! We go past a number of places where we can get them, but so far have not tried them. All of the eggs we eat just come from the grocery store so far. I know this makes a horse poop shoveling and accidents could happen horse-dog mom sound like a wimp, but if the farm doesn't sell the eggs looking clean, I will probably stick to from the store (whip me with a wet noodle... I really hope they sell them clean!).

PS Ryan, what did you do in the crock pot yesterday?
default_eat.gif

Last night we had breakfast for dinner too lol !!!

Saturday night was chicken thigh fillets , Honey , Soy, brown sugar. I layered the bottom of the crockpot with carrots and Onions and the chicken , then about half an hour to go , threw in the beans
default_smile.png

We're having "BBQ" chicken leg quarters from the crock pot, mashed potatoes and carrots tonight
default_eat.gif

I need to work on a grocery list for tomorrow.

We had chicken garlic kievs last night with a side of mac and cheese pasta.

Im shopping tonight after work too, the cupboards and fridge are bare and I do love my food
default_eat.gif

Oh man! My grand mother used to make chicken Kiev
default_eat.gif
!!!! So good!

I'm planning to make sausage (chicken), peppers, and onions again tonight with penne pasta. Spinach salad and sour dough bread to go with it ☺

So hungry, I wish it was already dinner time!

Last night we had marinated Rump steaks in a garlic and red wine marinate. Served with corn on the cobs, scalloped potatos and broccolini and cauliflower.

Yum Jill, think i might do the same for dinner here too
default_smile.png
( even if it is only 8am here and Im yet to have breakfast)

By the time we were done with everything we had to do yesterday afternoon, I didn't feel like making the sausage, peppers and onions. It's so easy, but I felt so extra lazy :-/

We had breakfast for dinner again. A little easier and yummy... Turkey bacon, eggs, silver dollar pancakes and fresh oranges. I like to make the pancakes little so they go on the same plate as the eggs and soak up some of the yolk and (I know it's gross to some) the ketchup I don't want to eat eggs without
default_biggrin.png

I'm aiming to make the sausage, peppers and onions thing tonight, though... up way too late reading and contemplating food!
default_eat.gif

Harvey and I will be in the kitchen quite awhile this morning
default_smile.png

We're fixing some spaghetti sauce early and then get that in the crockpot so it will be extra good by this evening. It will be enough to last several days plus we'll freeze some to take to my parents' next week. We will have the sauce with linguine and salads for dinner tonight.

I also want to make some wet dog food for the dogs (they love home cooking!) and some egg salad and marinated cucumbers for us. We also need to put chicken breasts in the freezer. We got a big package of fresh chicken breast, and I like to freeze them divided into the amount to feed both of us for a dinner. Usually, that's just one chicken breast since they are so huge these days. We may even bake some brownies
default_eat.gif

It's rainy and yucky outside here now, so it's good timing to do kitchen stuff... Not that I enjoy food preoarations and contemplations at all ;)

We'll be having leftover Spaghetti sauce, etc., tonight (we never get tired of it for some reason), but I'm making us a nice breakfast later this morning
default_eat.gif

I'd planned to make chicken stir fry for dinner, but realized I've got just the right amount of speghetti sauce left and all the other ingredients to make lasagna which is H's all time favorite dish. Got a recipe to do it with uncooked noodles in the crock pot and will improvise to use the sauce I have versus making it from the recipe I found.

Also, H got some farm fresh eggs yesterday and I will make a nice breakfast this morning. Excited to try the farm eggs, but also slightly nervous -- which I'm sure sounds crazy!
default_eat.gif

Also, H got some farm fresh eggs yesterday and I will make a nice breakfast this morning. Excited to try the farm eggs, but also slightly nervous -- which I'm sure sounds crazy!
default_eat.gif
No need to be frightened of farm fresh eggs. My MIL has chickens, so I've been getting our eggs from her for the last year or better). You'll likely find the shells a bit harder than you are used to, and often the yolks are darker depending on what the chickens are eating. And, the sizes are more varied than what you'll find in a carton in the store. My MIL has Easter Eggers, so we get blue and green eggs from them; and I think Barred Rocks, I think those are the brown egg suppliers, and some Buff Orpingtons, and these might be white (might have the egg colors mixed up between the Barred Rocks and Buffs).

Back