What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres nothing better than farm fresh eggs or Free Range eggs. They are alot richer in taste and colour but I love them
default_smile.png
"Easter Eggers" ?? Would love to see a pic Chanda
default_smile.png

Over the weekend I did a Pork in the oven with crackling and had the left overs in a stirfry with some snow peas, onions, ginger , garlic and Noodles the following night.

Last night I went out and had Vietnamese with a lady I used to work with. Rice paper rolls and "Pho Ga"
default_eat.gif

Theres nothing better than farm fresh eggs or Free Range eggs. They are alot richer in taste and colour but I love them
default_smile.png
"Easter Eggers" ?? Would love to see a pic Chanda
default_smile.png
The "Easter Eggers" are a mix between Ameraucana and Araucana, or so I've been told.

My MIL's look about like this:

easter-eggers.jpg

because they are a mix, their colors vary a bit (some darker, some lighter)

Last edited by a moderator:
We did like the Fresh eggs! We have some left for later and a dozen for my parents. Not sure what to eat tonight. We have leftover lasagna and H loves it, but I'd rather have something less heavy. We'll see ☺

My mom made us a chicken divan dish that we'll pick up today. I just need to bake it. I've never made or ate it before, and she made one for her and my dad yesterday and one for us to bring home today. It has chicken, broccoli, mushroom soup, bread cubes... I'll fix some carrots to go with it
default_eat.gif

That sounds like really GOOD comfort food Jill
default_smile.png

I made a pasta for dinner last night , Tomato, onions, capsicum, mushrooms, fetta and Parmesan cheese ..

We're having sausage (chicken), peppers and onions again AND Harvey's the one doing most of the cooking. Salad and corn muffins, too. Smells awesome and it's nearly dinner time
default_eat.gif

We made chicken stir fry with green peppers, mushrooms and onions over steamed rice. It was delish!
default_eat.gif

Thinking tonight is going to be something very elegant -- PB&J sandwiches. Been craving one for a long time
default_eat.gif

Dinner is pretty close to this grown up beans and franks recipe:

http://www.hebrewnational.com/recipes-Three-Beans-and-Frank-Bake-2040

Using precooked turkey half smoke sausage and, you know me, in the crock pot vs oven. Salad and canned biscuits to go with it.

Wish you could get canned biscuit dough there, Ryan. It comes in handy just as bread but also some neat recipes use it.

Hope everyone has a nice dinner!

I made a really big slow cooker of Morroccan lamb over the weekend so have been having left overs the last few days.

We did go out for Indian on Mothers day which was really good
default_smile.png

We had leftover grown up beanie weenies tonight and they were good! We had fresh pineapple with it that tasted like candy, but I need to figure out finally the right way to slice or cut one. I made can even bigger mess than usual
default_blush.png

Im quite embarrassed to actually say what I had for dinner last night.

Ill give you my excuse first...............................
default_smile.png

Im heading off on vacation for 10 days tomorrow and I have been trying to use everything possible on hand without having to do another food shop before I leave.

So i get home after trying to get a million things done including organizing extra horse feed ect.

Have a look in the fridge... "No" nothing I can use in there. have a look in the pantry "No" Id need to shop to make anything in the pantry.

So As I turn away to close the door I notice "Dinner"

A block of caramello Chocolate - it went really well with a cup of coffee
default_smile.png

Ryan, I hope you had a great vacation!

We're having oven barbecue chicken, sweet potatoes, and peas tonight
default_eat.gif

Frozen chicken tender things, rice and peas tonight. I so don't feel like cooking, lately. Last night, it was hamburger helper.

Making grown up Beanie Weenies again but this time on the stove. Kind of been a long day, and it was either that or frozen pizza and veggies. Grown up Beanie Weenies won out.

Planning to bake a ham and make some scalloped potatoes, green beans and carrots tomorrow. At least there's always another opportunity to do better :)

We have a big ham in the oven now and it smells really good! H made some scalloped potatoes to go with it in the crock pot and I'll be fixing some glazed carrots (with splenda, butter and a little honey).

We're going to freeze part of the ham but will be eating ham sandwiches and ham dinner this week lot. One weekend soon, I want tho use the bone and some of the meat for a big pot of bean soup
default_eat.gif

I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about food! I swear, I feel like it's a favorite hobby
default_blush.png

Hope everyone's been enjoying good food this weekend
default_smile.png

I bet your ham does smell good Jill!! I LOVE Ham. Hope y'all don't mind me dropping in here.

Tonight we're having fresh catfish fillets, fries, hush puppies, and salad. And I've already got tomorrows planned! It's a recipe that is on my favorite salad dressing bottle. It's the Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch, it's called Spicy Georgia Peach Chicken and we love it.

• ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Spicy Ranch Dressing
  • ½ cup light brown sugar
  • 1 can (15-ounce) sliced peaches drained, cut into chunks
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • salt
  • pepper
Directions

1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  2. In a large skillet, over medium heat add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until golden and juices run clear.
  3. Remove the chicken to a plate.
  4. Reduce the heat and add the butter, melt the butter together with the brown sugar, stirring until smooth.
  5. Stir in both the dressing and mustard, stirring until bubbly.
  6. Return the chicken to the pan, add the peaches and cook until heated through.
  7. Serve immediately
*Recipe only gluten free when made with all gluten free ingredients. Read labels of all packaged ingredients to determine whether they contain gluten.

Maybe someone who likes spicy stuff will see this and want to try it!

Making that crockpot roundsteak meal for supper tonight, already in the crockpot, just have to make the noodles and veggie when I get home this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back